Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken/Updated Mods & CC: July-Aug. '19 CAS Stories Patch, Moschino

Comments

• Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Samlish wrote: »
    Is anyone else having trouble with the "ask permission to drink" with the vampire game pack?

I've not had a problem with it. Dude walked up to his wife, asked, she happily fell into his arms to offer herself up.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    citysimmer wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues with sims not sleeping when you send them to bed?

Me. My toddlers kept waking up, but I blamed it on the family cat, who has the mischievous trait.

@Simtown15 Which mods do you ahve? We might have one in common that's broken. I haven't gotten to test the problem in a vanilla game yet.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    citysimmer wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues with sims not sleeping when you send them to bed?

Yes, I was just struggling with that this afternoon.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Rosa1991Rosa1991 Posts: 6 New Member
    > @Rosa1991 said:
    > Does anyone know what could be causing a few issues I'm having? 1st in game (and once in CAS so far) my sims become stretched and warped. Also, the intro loading screen freezes and the game crashes every time I go to close it. I have to save 1st then close. I'm about to do a process of elimination check but wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing any of these problems to help me narrow the search.

So I removed my mods, made a backup folder, and reset my game. It is still crashing when I close the game and freezing on startup. Is anyone having these issues??!
  • SimChiSimChi Posts: 143 Member
    edited July 2019
    Rosa1991 wrote: »
    > @Rosa1991 said:
    > Does anyone know what could be causing a few issues I'm having? 1st in game (and once in CAS so far) my sims become stretched and warped. Also, the intro loading screen freezes and the game crashes every time I go to close it. I have to save 1st then close. I'm about to do a process of elimination check but wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing any of these problems to help me narrow the search.

So I removed my mods, made a backup folder, and reset my game. It is still crashing when I close the game and freezing on startup. Is anyone having these issues??!

I am having this issue as well (on a vanilla game), and added mine in a report over at EA HQ. You should click me too on that report, they are saying it is likely a bug.https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @citysimmer I have a lot. MCCC, some KawaiiStacie mods, some LittleMsSam mods, Playable Pets, Parenting Skill for Teens, some Sacrificial mods, a mod that adds more social interactions that I forgot the name of, and TwistedMexi’s mod that reverts the UI to pre-update.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    @citysimmer I have a lot. MCCC, some KawaiiStacie mods, some LittleMsSam mods, Playable Pets, Parenting Skill for Teens, some Sacrificial mods, a mod that adds more social interactions that I forgot the name of, and TwistedMexi’s mod that reverts the UI to pre-update.

Do you have Slice of Life? Of the mods ypu listed we have that one and MCCC in common. Also the SimDa app by LittleMsSam, if you have it.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• simsluvr90simsluvr90 Posts: 3,030 Member
    Anyone else have an issue with Bienchens Bear Phase Tweak? It was making it so children feet would disappear in the swim suit category of CAS. They would be wearing shoes and if you removed them, the feet disappeared. I had recently done a batch fix to disallow CC for random. Wondering if that is an issue?
    I also tried with just that mod so I know for a fact it was that one.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    simsluvr90 wrote: »
    Anyone else have an issue with Bienchens Bear Phase Tweak? It was making it so children feet would disappear in the swim suit category of CAS. They would be wearing shoes and if you removed them, the feet disappeared. I had recently done a batch fix to disallow CC for random. Wondering if that is an issue?
    I also tried with just that mod so I know for a fact it was that one.

Try deleting the mod and the localthumbcache.package file and then install a fresh version of the mod.
  • Rosa1991Rosa1991 Posts: 6 New Member
    > @SimChi said:
    > Rosa1991 wrote: »
    >
    > > @Rosa1991 said:
    > > Does anyone know what could be causing a few issues I'm having? 1st in game (and once in CAS so far) my sims become stretched and warped. Also, the intro loading screen freezes and the game crashes every time I go to close it. I have to save 1st then close. I'm about to do a process of elimination check but wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing any of these problems to help me narrow the search.
    >
    > So I removed my mods, made a backup folder, and reset my game. It is still crashing when I close the game and freezing on startup. Is anyone having these issues??!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I am having this issue as well (on a vanilla game), and added mine in a report over at EA HQ. You should click me too on that report, they are saying it is likely a bug.

Hey. I finally got my game working again, I think. I did the reset. I entered the game a few times with the same issues continuing (With no mods). It finally crashed and froze so bad I had to restart my computer (It's pretty beastly BTW). I tried the game again and it started running smooth. Added all mods and CC back into the game slowly (MCC, UI cheats, KS SOL, Better Schools, and....IDK... more) and all is working great. So IDK what caused it. But FOR NOW, it seems to be back in working order....?
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    I can't wait for the update to hit the consoles.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited July 2019
    I'm back, and refreshed with countryside drives and family visits. Thank you to all of you who kept things going here! And now, here's a summary of what's new, excluding mod updates that aren't related to this patch or the one just before it. You'll find anything previous to July 16 here.

Broken Mods
    • Fitness Controls (roBurky)
    • Pointy Ears Unlocked (Khitsule) - broken for Toddlers in Details mode

Possibly Broken Mods
    • Social Media Addicted Trait (SarahFall) - throwing blank last exception files

Updated Tools
    Updated Mods and over 60 mods by Bakie, especially for Island Living compatibility

Updated Careers
    Broken CC
    • Organic Hairline (Pixelore)
    • Baguette Crystals Engagement Ring Left (NataliS)
    • The Collector's Set (DrGreenie)

New and of Possible Interest Finally, Sasha/SimSonic is taking on a version of what Scarlet was doing for mod tracking. I don't think I can link it here for site rules reasons, but it should be findable.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Broken CC:
    • Old Windmill Animated (Asyli)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    From @helen912's report, Careers are fine :)
    New and of Possible Interest TheKixg plans to stop making loading screens.
  • __Jasmine____Jasmine__ Posts: 1 New Member
    🐸🐸🐸🐸, I have none of them cc/mods and my game is still not loading. I FINALLY get it to work after the June 2019 patch and then this happens. Outstanding. It is definitely my cas cc because I took out each folder I had organised and all of them (aside the cas cc one) was fine so I kept taking a handful of them out depending on the time I downloaded it and everytime they still didn't work. I have over 700+ so I doubt that every single one was a issue
    plum, I have none of them cc/mods and my game is still not loading. I FINALLY get it to work after the June 2019 patch and then this happens. Outstanding. It is definitely my cas cc because I took out each folder I had organised and all of them (aside the cas cc one) was fine so I kept taking a handful of them out depending on the time I downloaded it and everytime they still didn't work. I have over 700+ so I doubt that every single one was a issue
    plum, I have none of them cc/mods and my game is still not loading. I FINALLY get it to work after the June 2019 patch and then this happens. Outstanding. It is definitely my cas cc because I took out each folder I had organised and all of them (aside the cas cc one) was fine so I kept taking a handful of them out depending on the time I downloaded it and everytime they still didn't work. I have over 700+ so I doubt that every single one was a issue

Time for a 50-50 on that CC: https://www.patreon.com/posts/finding-broken-4-23751034

Thanks! This one - moregroceryshopping - looks like it adds IL material.

Re. whimoverhaul:
    Note: All packs are required. If you still like to use this mod (with restrictions) though you don't have all packs installed, consider to only install the base package and delete the emotionwhimsets package as this package seems to lead to Last Exception Errors if you don't have all packs installed (which is expecially annoying if you use the MCCC-Mod).
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

Re. whimoverhaul:
    Note: All packs are required. If you still like to use this mod (with restrictions) though you don't have all packs installed, consider to only install the base package and delete the emotionwhimsets package as this package seems to lead to Last Exception Errors if you don't have all packs installed (which is expecially annoying if you use the MCCC-Mod).

Hmmm, I'm getting LEs thrown by the latest whimoverhaul even with all packs installed...
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

Time for a 50-50 on that CC: https://www.patreon.com/posts/finding-broken-4-23751034

i heard you say that before not sure what you mean so i'm asking before i need to know.

Re. whimoverhaul:

Hmmm, I'm getting LEs thrown by the latest whimoverhaul even with all packs installed...

That's something to let Bienchen know.

i heard you say that before not sure what you mean so i'm asking before i need to know.

See the link. It explains how to pull out CC in batches to isolate problem CC.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

Re. whimoverhaul:

That's something to let Bienchen know.

See the link. It explains how to pull out CC in batches to isolate problem CC.

oh i don't have issues. my friend gifted e eso so i haven't even opened sims in over a week it was just a question
    edited July 2019
    Career Update:
    Wedding Planner Career & Baker Career (Piscean6)
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Nineteen mod updates and one new mod from Bienchen, 26 July:

https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/update-26-juli-2019/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top