Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

'Sul Sul': Best bugs [Episode 2] - A Maxis podcast

EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
Hey Simmers, a new episode of 'Sul Sul' is now available!

7o5z4sgzpes4.png

This time @SimGuruGrant, @SimGuruMatt and @SimGuruRomeo chat about a handful of their favorite bugs, what happened, what they looked like.

Find it in:
PS. Wondering where's the first episode? >> https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958798/sul-sul-a-maxis-podcast

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited July 2019
    This comes across in poor taste. I know many Simmers who stopped playing due to the bugs in the game and many others frustrated they have to resort to mods to fix bugs so them making a podcast to joke and laugh about bugs just doesn’t come across as being enjoyable.
  • Options
    MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    edited July 2019
    Oh, we here have a number of our favorite bugs too, just lemme take out my list...
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    This was hilarious to listen to. These are almost all development bugs so as players we’ve never seen them and wow they have had some hilarious situations happen. Thanks for the laughs.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Bugs that happened in the past are funny now because we don't have to deal with them any longer. However, many of us are dealing with new ones in Sims4, the current iteration, that are quite serious. To the point we have lost the ability to play our games without mods. That isn't a laughing matter. I realize they were talking about bugs that sprang up while past iterations were in development but that doesn't change the fact a lot of us are struggling right now. There might be some Simmers who are not having problems, or can live with bugged features or annoyances, but I am not fortunate enough to be in that group. And all the pod casts, the Maxis Monthly streams and the Guru Garage streams, do not make Sims4 a better game. Those are meant to distract us, and lend a little humor to a situation that has quickly become less amusing the longer we wait for fixes. We can understand a couple of bugs and glitches being brought on by updates or new packs. It is part of the Sims experience and has been since the beginning. However, given the number of bugs that came out of the June 18th update and Island Living, the teams need to be focused solely on getting the game fixed, not on an attempt to entertain us. I was unamused, and disappointed someone thought it a good idea to make light of bugs and glitches when this community is begging for the game to be fixed.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Too funny. Wish there was video. :p
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Bugs that happened in the past are funny now because we don't have to deal with them any longer. However, many of us are dealing with new ones in Sims4, the current iteration, that are quite serious. To the point we have lost the ability to play our games without mods. That isn't a laughing matter. I realize they were talking about bugs that sprang up while past iterations were in development but that doesn't change the fact a lot of us are struggling right now. There might be some Simmers who are not having problems, or can live with bugged features or annoyances, but I am not fortunate enough to be in that group. And all the pod casts, the Maxis Monthly streams and the Guru Garage streams, do not make Sims4 a better game. Those are meant to distract us, and lend a little humor to a situation that has quickly become less amusing the longer we wait for fixes. We can understand a couple of bugs and glitches being brought on by updates or new packs. It is part of the Sims experience and has been since the beginning. However, given the number of bugs that came out of the June 18th update and Island Living, the teams need to be focused solely on getting the game fixed, not on an attempt to entertain us. I was unamused, and disappointed someone thought it a good idea to make light of bugs and glitches when this community is begging for the game to be fixed.

Exactly! Thank you.
  • Options
    LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    For anyone wondering why they can't find the podcast on their app, it's not called Sul Sul, it's called EA Community Team Cast.

That took me a while.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Doesnt matter whether the bugs are their favorites or not, they still need to fix them.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    VenusABatsonVenusABatson Posts: 929 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    This comes across in poor taste. I know many Simmers who stopped playing due to the bugs in the game and many others frustrated they have to resort to mods to fix bugs so them making a podcast to joke and laugh about bugs just doesn’t come across as being enjoyable.

I think they're talking about bugs that work in our favor. 😉
    ORIGIN ID: VenusARussell
  • Options
    minimonsterscottminimonsterscott Posts: 22 Member
    I would seriously throw my PC out of the window if I heard any of the 'devs' laughing about having dirt floors appear when building underground. Poor taste, indeed.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I know I'm still new here, and I understand the frustration with bugs. Believe me.

But the podcast is actually pretty funny - it's about bugs they caught before the games or expansions went out.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    This was fun to listen to. I enjoy hearing behind-the-scenes stories of things that happen during development.

I can't believe people are offended by this. That's a bit overreactive.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited July 2019
    LiELF wrote: »
    This was fun to listen to. I enjoy hearing behind-the-scenes stories of things that happen during development.

I can't believe people are offended by this. That's a bit overreactive.
    for real forums need to chill on that
    ''be angry at gurus for doing anything ever''

also the podcast was lit looking forward to more! :smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited July 2019
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    Hey Simmers, a new episode of 'Sul Sul' is now available!

7o5z4sgzpes4.png

This time @SimGuruGrant, @SimGuruMatt and @SimGuruRomeo chat about a handful of their favorite bugs, what happened, what they looked like.

Find it in:
    PS. Wondering where's the first episode? >> https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958798/sul-sul-a-maxis-podcast

The create a story mode seems buggy to me. I'd get sims who are in the Acting career but have no acting skill or Family-focused sims who aren't even Family-Oriented! D: I forgot: I'll also get sims who aren't even in the Acting career, but actually have the acting skill while employed elsewhere. Ack!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    People are seriously upset by this?? Good God.
  • Options
    SimChiSimChi Posts: 143 Member
    People are seriously upset by this?? Good God.

Of course they are, because this is an ongoing (years) issue where players (repeatedly) have to ask for bug fixes (not just a couple- rarely- but all-the-time-every-single-time). There are also far too many game-breaking issue which happen with every single "patch". This is unprofessional.

It's not funny to people who have to pay a lot of money for such an unprofessional product. That, by the way, is not saying the game doesn't have potential. It does- with the proper engineers.

The reason so many people are upset is because the game is currently marketed as a fully functioning (no issues) game. If EA?Maxis actually put the truth in the front page of each page: "This game absolutely comes with many bugs and issues, and we don't know if your computer will run it" (and advising people to go check the "Bug issues" and "Tech issues" pages on EA's official boards first- buyer beware, then there would be less uproar (though people would still wonder why the engineers can't make a game without all of these issues- and, yes, they would likely call for a better team to produce the game to its best iteration- without needing a highly expensive computer just to play).
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I don't see, or hear, any reason to be offended. The entire podcast is focused on bugs that popped up during development. Bugs that were subsequently squashed. They even mentioned a bug that happened during the development of Sims 3. Not once did they mention, or laugh about, or diminish the seriousness of any bugs that simmers are currently experiencing.
  • Options
    I don't see anyone really offended, angry or upset here (including myself), or aggressive enough for it to be called overreaction.
    We are sarcastic because we are frustrated, we are frustrated for a good reason.
    If you enjoy the podcast - write about it, no need to tell people off for not enjoying it.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Really? People are offended by this? Good heavens, is everyone here 6?
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    edited August 2019
    People who are "offended" take out their frustration on Maxis/Gurus (fairly or not), but not on other members of this discussion, they don't say "how dare you people like the podcast!".
    Once it comes to "everyone here" it turns into inflammatory content soon enough.
    Let's not do this.
  • Options
    doncassano10doncassano10 Posts: 2 New Member
    How comes people get offended by this? Lol...
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2019
    How comes people get offended by this? Lol...

Maybe because some simmers who laughed at the podcasts got a warning and called RUDE for thinking it was funny like I did. I am not offended by the podcast - but I am offended by getting a warning for laughing at something the Guru's shared with us in fun.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....