The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What will be new in Sims 5?

The sims 5 will probably happen after 2021
I wonder what they will focus on in sims 5.

-Sims 1 was completely new and they advertised how you can do “anything” you can do in real life(make a house, eat, sleep, have a job, make friends etc)
-Sims 2 they focused on different design, different camera angles, more customization in CAS, lifetime aspirations.
-Sims 3 introduced open world, more powerful customization(color wheel and create a style), personality traits.
-Sims 4 emotions, quirckiness, improved CAS without sliders, small closed worlds to improve performance.

What will be new in Sims 5?

What will be new in Sims 5? 135 votes

Improved Build Mode without grid, place anything anywhere
13% 18 votes
Paint mode in CAS(like the one for cats and dogs in Sims 4)
8% 11 votes
Big world map, you can build anywhere, no lot required
18% 25 votes
Sims age gradually, no specific age group
17% 24 votes
Neutral gender, not restricted to male/female
6% 9 votes
Sims can live anywhere, don’t have to move in a house in order to play
5% 8 votes
Something else
29% 40 votes

Comments

• Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    They've already said that they have 3 years worth of content at LEAST for sims 4. They comment almost every month now that the sims 4 isn't going anywhere and sims 5 isn't in development yet.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    They've already said that they have 3 years worth of content at LEAST for sims 4. They comment almost every month now that the sims 4 isn't going anywhere and sims 5 isn't in development yet.

I have the feeling that I've been seeing this statement of 3 more years for at least a year by now.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • ModseyModsey Posts: 1,468 Member
    Since it's a base game and because computer code can only do so much, I'm going to guess that half this stuff won't be included/possible for Sims 5. Gender Options, including gender-neutral, are most likely to be included in base game because Sims has already done that as a free patch. It would make the most sense for them to have that right away.

Making Sims 5 have open worlds would make sense, but I doubt it will be lot free. Because of the gallery and the Sim communities' love for sharing their builds, they need to keep a lot system to simplify how simmers share their stuff.

Build mode will definitely be improved, it always is, but I don't know about completely removing the grid system for things like walls and fences. Plus we already have the alt button to move things outside of grid, and have had that since Sims 3.

I think (in order) the most likely are: Gender options, Improved Build Mode, Something unexpected, Open Worlds
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

I have the feeling that I've been seeing this statement of 3 more years for at least a year by now.

Specific words are very important, they said at LEAST 3 years more years, not 3 more years. Then they recently said the same thing again this month that the sims 4 isn't going anywhere, hence the new design.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    I really like the ideas of #1 and #6 :)
  • tmcevoy1121tmcevoy1121 Posts: 304 Member
    People stop talking about when Sim 5 is going to released and then start complaining about it.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    They have never said that the sims 5 isn't in development. they have only said that the sims 4 has a lot of life left and at least 3 more years. This does not rule out the sims 5 being in development as it takes years to create a game. So with that in mind, the sims 5 is very likely in some sort of development.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,818 Member
    All of the choices!
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    I just thin sims 5 will look slightly different with different graphics but the game play and game/expansion/stuff packs will be the same as always, nothing new..
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019

The Sims 4 doesn't have a finish date planned. With the rebrand we can assume they have multiple years of TS4 ahead.

As for that statement, it's no longer true, and people shouldn't bring it up. And yes it's already 1 year old, so it would be two years instead of three.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I'd like without the grid the most on this list. But more than that, I would like graphics like GTA, and a more grown up version than what we have now. This is just my opinion. I know others want something else. Been thinking about buying GTA6 when it comes out.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I'm hoping flying as the newest form of transportation - not teleporting like in TS3, real flying across the world and being able to see the view from up there. Also learning to do loop-de-loops and other stunts as a skill. I'd like all kinds of ways to fly: by all type so aircraft, super hero power, hang gliding, parachuting from a plane (try to land as close to the mark as possible).

It would be nice to also be able to live in the clouds as well as community lots, or under the sea for merpeople and underwater homes for people, plus underwater community lots.

• invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Better AI. The possibilities of AI have grown exponentially in the past decade. If we have cars that can drive themselves, at very least, we should have Sims that don't walk through the entire house to sit on the toddler bed to eat dinner.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    washers and dryers in base game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Toddlers in base game.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    I'm assuming expanded gender settings will be present from the beginning (it'd be a little weird to go backwards in that regards, right?) and our sims will be even better at multitasking and (hopefully) navigating around things. tbh I'm not super hopeful for anything else...
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    What I hope:
    -Layerable clothing (like in TS2 for console, where you could chose jackets and shirts separately)
    -Laundry in the base game (it's such a basic thing for me, and most people have washing machines at their homes, so I think it should be in the base game)
    -Gridless build mode (there would be a grid for easy placement but it would be optional and you would be able to build walls and place doors/windows outside the grid)
    -Diagonal walls of any angle (not just 45°)
    -Curved walls
    -Tattoos that can be placed anywhere on the sim's body, kinda like Create a Pet (and also resizeable)
    -Stair landing tool so we can create our own L-shaped or U-shaped stairs
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    lexus20 wrote: »
    What I hope:
    Layerable clothing (like in TS2 for console, where you could chose jackets and shirts separately)
    It's funny how that only went on PS2 even chest chair was on PS2 and fans act like this happened first time ever when it was released after TS3 generations.

However, personally I want more body adjustments, I am happy with the progress with TS4 had but however there is a certain, hip, leg, butt, waist that doesn't meet my standards the way I want it to have in my mind. Like if I want a big butt, it doesnt look well in other body parts that are thinner.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited July 2019
    Sims 5 needs to actually focus on DEEP personalities. We need traits that are very in-depth and differentiate each sim from each other. We need the return of Wants/Fears. The game's primary focus should be on the Sims themselves. Master the Sims' behaviors first and work outwards. The environments should be secondary to the artificial intelligence of the Sims themselves. I want deep lot traits in the base game that actually show noticeable differences in the lots that have them. I desperately want Create-a-Style to return! Sims 5 really needs to be a huge step forward so the base game does not feel empty and be a meaningless sequel.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Gradual aging would be nice.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • TheLastStarTheLastStar Posts: 164 Member
    I really would like a height slider. I understand that one has never been included because programming interactions with so many different heights would be extremely difficult, but I have never been able to make a proper sim of myself because I'm a very short adult and all adult sims are quite tall in comparison. I would love the sims team forever if they made it possible to alter the height of adult sims!
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited July 2019
    Gradual aging would be nice.

I don't think this is possible, and I still fear for TS5 to become Olympus 2.0 with no focus on a whole life simulation whatsoever including stupid online features nobody wants to use except for some tweens.

But putting that aside for the moment; what I would WANT for TS5 to be like:

I would like to have some things in base game that are - well - basic to me for a LIFE simulation: weather (it was planned to have been included in TS3 base game, but wasn't, do I remeber that correctly?), pets (cats, dogs, small pets), swimming in natural waters, pools, playgrounds with enough basic play equipment, and laundry.

Most important of all features mentioned: WEATHER! Come on, the fourth weather EP in TS5 after 3 years of sunny weather in game? No thanks. Please include weather in base game! I don't want to wait another 2-3 years until my sims can have some rain on their plants outside. And why not give us snow with basic interactions in base game (snowman building, snowball fights, etc.) and then a "snow fun" EP/GP with lots of fun activities such as snowboarding or skiing as new sports, new christmas stuff, sledding, snowhouse building, yeti sims for occult play, etc.. Wouldn't that be awesome?

Just build on the base game with gameplay enhancing features that provide replayability, and please stay away from "storylines" such as strangerville that get boring once you played them! I know lots of people loved strangerville and they could keep selling "story DLCs" for those people, but please don't make The Sims all about "stories" that can't be replayed once you're done with it. There are plenty of games out there which provide just that. The Sims was always a sandbox game to do whatever one pleases and "stories" are so much not sandbox.

They say "play with life", but it's not sandboxy enough to do that right now the way I would want to play. I do like the game, I'm no hater anymore since we've got toddlers, but I still feel there aren't many replayable features and there is not enough for my sims to do with each other.

As gradual aging won't be possible (I am pretty sure it's too advanced to program), I would love to have more lifestages: newborn, baby, toddlers like we have them now, Kindergartner/preschooler, children like we have them now, preteens, teens (still shorter and younger looking than adults), young adults, adults, elders; so basically there would be 3 more lifestages: baby, kindergartner/preschooler and preteens. And I'd hate teens looking like adults once again. I don't think any teen looks like YA irl, perhaps some that are around 18-19, but then they're almost no teenagers anymore. Teenage years go from 13 to 19, so our teens right now look like the last 2 years of those years. Just not realistic. And I would like the option to switch off those life stages if some people don't want all of them in their game.

And I want my sims in base game to have lots of things to do as a group of friends or as families. Basic things like cooking together, doing basic sports together such as ball games, jogging, etc. (not next to each other, together!), playing board games together, doing crafts together, playing in the snow/in water TOGETHER. I want them to know each other, I want them to have in-depth personalities, I want a nice genetic system.

If they do it like that, then it will be fun as everyone can work with their playstyles. It shouldn't be restricted to one playstyle only and it should keep it's sandbox features as a center aspect of the game.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Big world map maybe? Possibly a good idea?

I will add though that some of these suggestions are okay but there is one that I very strongly disagree with and know others will back me up as well. I will not say what that is but it is a controversial subject on here
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Toddlers in base game.

They won't exclude them next time. Trust me! :D
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    WaitWhatYT wrote: »
    I'm assuming expanded gender settings will be present from the beginning (it'd be a little weird to go backwards in that regards, right?) and our sims will be even better at multitasking and (hopefully) navigating around things. tbh I'm not super hopeful for anything else...

I deeply disagree.

A sensitive subject however, I shall say no more of the subject
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg