Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do your married sims carry a ring?

Comments

• ElDimentioElDimentio Posts: 38 Member
    I have to say I honestly did not even think about it. But now I kinda want to go back and give my married Sims rings!

If the rings worked like in TS2 (auto-added), maybe we could have an Angry "Impulsive Divorce" interaction where your Sim throws their ring at their spouse before storming off! :tongue:
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I actually got a mod to do it. Thought it was such a nice detail. Small as it was when sims wear their rings they exchange at the wedding.

So, now when sims marry they have a proper ring on. :)

This is why I'd like to see an update to weddings with sims in the base game.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    I give them rings, plain gold ones, unless I forget :)
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Who else has gone cc shopping specifically for wedding rings?? Or is it just me?
    I do that too!
    To answer the question, all played married couples in my game have rings.
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    I never noticed it messed with eyebrows. I just had a Sim propose, so I will check that out.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    ...serious question, which rings are the ones that go on the marriage ring finger? I don’t know which they are in CAS. I see some go in the pointer or index...
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    There is a mod to give a ring automatically after the wedding. Mine don't because I use cc eyelashes and the rings conflicts.
  • sueplayssimssueplayssims Posts: 126 Member
    I've never even noticed and to be honest with myself, I'm probably too lazy to update every Sim's outfits to include a ring. I do wish it was included, but I suppose by not having them as standard it leaves you free to celebrate a marriage however you want to. Some couples don't give rings.. so it may open up some doors in customisability for some simmers?
  • Abc12Abc12 Posts: 11 New Member
    I was thinking about that! No, I’m usually too lazy....
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    Yes, most of the married sims I play have wedding rings.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    ...serious question, which rings are the ones that go on the marriage ring finger? I don’t know which they are in CAS. I see some go in the pointer or index...

usually the left or right hand the 4th digit out between the smallest finger and longest finger. @Siliclone signature picture has a good angle of the ring on the correct finger as an example.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I’ll give them a ring if I remember.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I have, but I think the rings are too big and clumsy especially on females whose hands are more delicate.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• TheLastStarTheLastStar Posts: 164 Member
    I've never even thought about it, but maybe I'll do it in the future now that it's been brought into my mind :p
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    edited July 2019
    I almost always give my married Sims rings! Some Sims only wear them for special occasions, some wear them with every outfit. I almost always use the plain band in silver for my male Sims and the emerald ring in silver/diamond for my female Sims, but now and then something else goes with their style. (Some of my Sims aren't interested in diamonds at all!)
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    No, because I use the skin detail eyelashes. And even before I used CC, I would usually forget and/or get too lazy to actually give them rings. I did have one couple that I gave them to, they were a gay male couple so I gave them both the silver band.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    If I don't forget to add the rings, then they have them. Most of the time I do forget though. Not sure if I'd want to make it a thing controlled by the game as not everyone wears them & I like the freedom of choice. It'd be nice to have a "for all outfits" toggle though, so if you add a ring to one, it applies to all the others too.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    I wish it were automatic or toggleable. I can't be bothered to set rings for 2 sims on all of their outfits... and as some have mentioned it conflicts with CC nails and I prefer to have nails in game.
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    I always forget... I liked the Sims 2 automatic ring. It bugged often and went through the finger though.
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,176 Member
    I do almost always give rings to married couples in CAS, unless it's not their kind of thing. But played Sims, I almost always forget to do it.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • sofasimsofasim Posts: 128 Member
    No they don't. I rarely use any kind of accessories because I don't wear this stuff IRL and forget it's a thing when I dress my sims ^^
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    No, they don't. IRL I don't like the marriage institution so in my game I don't go by the marriage rules/traditions. I still marry my sims because of the gallery's lack of other types of romantic relationships (like boy/girlfriend) and because of the family trees. But I don't care for wedding ceremonies nor rings. My sims always elope.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Yes, I like my married couples to wear rings to signify their union. I usually use the traditional gold ring on the ring finger of the left hand or for females I sometimes use the gold ring with the white diamond on the same finger/hand. I add the ring to all outfits apart from swim, sleep and sports wear. I do wish that there was an option for this to happen automatically in the game rather than the ring disappearing after the proposal and ceremony interactions. I hope we get something like that and more rings to choose from in a Romance pack.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    edited July 2019
    I did that in Sims3. What I have found in Sims4, however, is there is no way to give them a ring under Formal. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't remove my wedding/engagement ring when I get all dolled up to go out! What is up with that?

ETA: That is to say, that there is no way to adorn the left ring finger, which in American culture, at least is the wedding finger.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    I always give my married sims rings for every outfit except sleep and athletic. The same one and the same swatch. My females get the diamond one with the gold band and white diamond. The males get a light gold band. Those are the only ones that I think look close enough to actual traditional wedding rings.

:open_mouth: I don't take my rings off even when I'm doing the dishes! Why would someone take off their ring when sleeping or jogging? I'm totally baffled at your logic. Unless, of course, the game won't allow it, as in the Formal category.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/