March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 Discoveries !

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    It doesn't matter if the bills are high if they don't have anything when the Repo man comes. The repo man can't take anything if there isn't anything.
    I've played the Poverty challenge when they can't get a promotion without penalty, and no date rewards, no selling things they dig up, no earning money in town.... Selling fish and art. Still easy. It becomes repetitive once you know the secrets.

I've played the Homeless Sim where they can't come home until they earn 20k. Easy.

High bills mean nothing when they can get free food on a community lot, get free stuff from dates, have a great job. I know the ways to get endless money without cheats. Living on their business lot with a tent can earn them money. Having to make up more limitations to put on myself... the game is now boring and I really need TS5. :cry:
  • Lady_EarthLady_Earth Posts: 187 Member
    I found that dogs and cats will lick the bellies of kittens if they live in the same house as a sign of affection.
  • violaineTviolaineT Posts: 48 Member
    edited March 2019
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    It doesn't matter if the bills are high if they don't have anything when the Repo man comes. The repo man can't take anything if there isn't anything.
    I've played the Poverty challenge when they can't get a promotion without penalty, and no date rewards, no selling things they dig up, no earning money in town.... Selling fish and art. Still easy. It becomes repetitive once you know the secrets.

I've played the Homeless Sim where they can't come home until they earn 20k. Easy.

High bills mean nothing when they can get free food on a community lot, get free stuff from dates, have a great job. I know the ways to get endless money without cheats. Living on their business lot with a tent can earn them money. Having to make up more limitations to put on myself... the game is now boring and I really need TS5. :cry:

High bills+more... Graduate students can't afford a starter home for example that gives usefulness to apartments with cheap renting. You still don't want to let them stay because you block your wants with the "buy some basic stuff" ones.
    I do agree there are sideways making the game easy, but it's your choice to use them or not. Anytime just put a sleeping object on a community lot and you get a much longer life. By modding you can make things more enjoyable I find it was stupid that you can't improve your skills on community lots, neither the npc visiting so I change that. But at same time I use chance cards even if I can get fired from it. I feel I'm badly playing if many of my sims get their 7 skills maxed. I know it's not that difficult to get that before even sending then to the uni, what is more difficult is to not get that easily! To let them flirt or read more, or chat near a pinball machine. I aim more to a life simulation as to a race for supersim which is far too easy to achieve.
  • ataurusataurus Posts: 21 Member
    You can steal a pregnant sims baby.
    I had my sim invite over her pregnant daughter. I kept distracting the daughter so she stayed until she gave birth. Now my sim has custody of her granddaughter :D
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    ataurus wrote: »
    I had my sim invite over her pregnant daughter. I kept distracting the daughter so she stayed until she gave birth. Now my sim has custody of her granddaughter :D

That's weird. Pregnancies shouldn't progress when you aren't playing with the household pregnant sim is in.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    ataurus wrote: »

@ataurus Then you've posted in the wrong section as pregnancies don't progress in Sims 2 unless you're playing their house.
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,715 Member
    It's also possible @ataurus used cheats or mods to accomplish that though. 🤔
    Banner.png
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member

Sims 2 simply isn't designed to work that way, so there aren't any that I'm aware of. It'd have to be 3 or 4, though I've never had a Sim that didn't live in my house give birth there in either of those.
    It is possible to cheat and add the Sim to your household temporarily, so I suppose you could steal a baby that way.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »

Sims 2 simply isn't designed to work that way, so there aren't any that I'm aware of. It'd have to be 3 or 4, though I've never had a Sim that didn't live in my house give birth there in either of those.
    It is possible to cheat and add the Sim to your household temporarily, so I suppose you could steal a baby that way.

Yes, that makes sense.
    Hi :)

I don't order food much so it took this long to see the difference in the way Sims eat Chinese food!
    5 in neatness and 0 in neatness (which one?): :lol:
    aJVvbQ5.jpg
    Hi :)

I don't order food much so it took this long to see the difference in the way Sims eat Chinese food!
    5 in neatness and 0 in neatness (which one?): :lol:
    aJVvbQ5.jpg

Slobs will snarf everything down like pigs. They are more likely to eat right out of the refrigerator too, without even sitting down.
  • AleksandraAleksiaAleksandraAleksia Posts: 20 Member
    I haven't played Sims 2 in years (Sims 3 took up most of my time), but after reinstalling a few weeks ago I did find out something new to me.
    I thought I had already discovered everything as a kid and nothing could surprise me, but nope.

I was playing a random Sim I had made for Uni, just to get the hang of the school life and whatnot again. My Sim had a genie lamp, so I had her rub it and out popped a genie. I wasn't new to genies per say, I just never cared for them. They're the non-cheating way of cheating for me, and I don't like it. I'm the type of player who wants their Sims to earn everything themselves.
    But this was a throwaway Sim after I'd figured Uni out again, so I thought "Why not?" I had 3 wishes, so I asked for wealth for the 1st. I expect 1k or 2, but I got 10K. Um. Alright then. So, I asked the same for the 2nd wish. 50K. Uh.. That's too much. The 3rd wish, also wealth. 100K.
    I deleted that Sim right after grabbing the bags of money, and refuse to use the genie ever again. No thanks.
    But it was fun to see something new. The genie is so out of my comfort zone, but it was hilarious to see bags of money just fall from the sky and my girl get Bill Gates rich within seconds. I can see how that'd be fun for Simmers who were bored of trying to earn enough for a new house, but who didn't want to open the cheat bar. This is a "legal" way of cheating, meaning the game helps you cheat lol
    I mostly use the genie lamp to give perma plat to members of the household I'm not actively playing, to keep them content. I also use the Young Again wish on elders sometimes. (EA had a young again wish for the genie lamp that they never finished and just hid, and a modder on modthesims finished it).
    I just learned Firefighters leave with empty canister holders after putting out a fire. :lol:

HDnEoG5.jpg
    I just learned Firefighters leave with empty canister holders after putting out a fire. :lol:

HDnEoG5.jpg

I never noticed that!
    lisamwitt wrote: »

HDnEoG5.jpg

I never noticed that!

My Sim prank called the Firefighters yesterday and I noticed that it wasn't there as they jumped out of the truck, and then it appeared. :) It's a nice detail indeed.
    Banner.png
  • damselstonedamselstone Posts: 21 Member
    I had a single guy sim who got abducted by aliens, got pregnant, and gave birth to an alien son. Don't know if this happens a lot but it was certainly a surprise to me!
    Alien abductions are rare. As in, less than 1% rare. So consider yourself lucky, if it happened by circumstance. ;)
    Banner.png
    I had a single guy sim who got abducted by aliens, got pregnant, and gave birth to an alien son. Don't know if this happens a lot but it was certainly a surprise to me!

I always liked alien abduction babies. I miss that. I never had a Sim abducted in Sims 3, and never have in 4 either. Despite trying tips people gave.
  • damselstonedamselstone Posts: 21 Member
    Oh awesome! I didn't realise they were that rare, but yeah I never experienced anything like that in TS3, or again in TS2 for that matter.
  • BessiebooBessieboo Posts: 199 Member

If your sim has the logic aspiration you can be abducted by using summon aliens on the telescope, it might take some time but it usually does happen. I've also had my sims 4 sims get abducted when I used the science career satellite to summon aliens, only happened twice.
  • EcaEca Posts: 155 Member
    I don't know if it's been written here: Beau Broke's hair is actually not the same hair that can be chosen in CAS or Change Appearance menu. That hair allows him to have a hairstyle that is not available to any Sim when he grows up. If you change his hair, there is no way to undo this, without a mod to unlock it.
    giphy.gif
    Crystal Cover from Tumblr
    mrcnlbyrk wrote: »
    I don't know if it's been written here: Beau Broke's hair is actually not the same hair that can be chosen in CAS or Change Appearance menu. That hair allows him to have a hairstyle that is not available to any Sim when he grows up. If you change his hair, there is no way to undo this, without a mod to unlock it.

Alexander Goth's glasses are like that too. And if you look through family trees, there's a few hairs and outfits that aren't available in CAS. If you dig around on modthesims, some of them have been extracted though.
    Talking about assets Sims use that aren't normally available reminded me of the Skip Broke situation. It's only discoverable if you use SimPE to look at game files, genetics, and look through the photo albums and memories in game.

When you start the game, Brandi Broke has two boys, is pregnant with a third child and her husband Skip has drowned. But, it's much weirder than it looks on the surface.
    Brandi met Green Eyed Skip once. Then she fell in love with, married, and had Dustin and Beau with Blue Eyed Skip. Then Blue Eyed Skip drowned.
    Then Green Eyed Skip was inserted into her family tree, and can be presumed to be the father of baby #3. He also then drowned, but the family has no memories of it. And his file is unlinked, so baby #3 only has Brandi's genes.
    If you choose to resurrect Skip, Green Eyed Skip will be the one you get because Blue Eyed Skip's files are corrupt.
    mrcnlbyrk wrote: »

That reminds me of Romeo Monty from Veronaville, who uses that hairstyle but with a beanie on top of it. :)
    Banner.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top