Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you ever accidentally necroposted?

BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com

Have you ever accidentally necroposted? 135 votes

Yes, but only when I was new.
9%
zagboorulespeterskywalkerFebruary11duhboy2u2phantasmkissDoloresGreymikaHopeyStarrMindsimscreateAriaMad2QueenofMyshunoMaddieplaysgamesSimmingal 13 votes
Yes, on rare occasion.
32%
GoldmoldarGalacticGalHejixLaBlue0314IceyJEIisabettanekotlclisamwittWritin_RegAnmirlaMariefoxprice83JadedJaneMindofycatloverplayermlmeadowsKLAlexistaydevwormstache999AlbaWaterhouseannaliese39 44 votes
Yes, more often than I like to admit.
2%
SindocatChazzzynerdfashion 3 votes
No, I've never necroposted.
51%
auroraael14icmnfrshstoryyColorist40mcruddMeteoraStormStrangerthanelanorbretonsimgirl1010WyrrenSeera1024fruitsbasket101GageasekojranaVuloriSimplyJenPegasysHestiaDillynJamesDragonAge_300905 69 votes
What's a necropost?
4%
jonilla1asimbsimcrispcrunchgirlTodilooThemrsg4422Patrice 6 votes

Comments

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Goodness, yes. Mostly, when threads are already resurrected, but occasionally when a topic still seems germane to my gameplay, and not all that old by my standards. If a set of circumstances still prevails that people want to discuss, why not continue a thread, which can provide a context over time? I can see where someone asking for help on an issue in, say, 2011, no longer needs an urgent reply. But if it's something more general, like "What do you do with your Elders", I can't see how old threads are less useful than new ones.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited July 2019
    Technically no, but like @Sharonia I’ve been the second or third to post after a necro, not realizing the thread had been necro’d.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    I too have posted in a necro'd thread without realizing it was necro'd.
  • purplexbutterflypurplexbutterfly Posts: 597 Member
    Yes but only when it has already been necroed.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I see a thread that looks interesting after searching, click it, forget to look at the date, turns out the last comment is from 2015 :#
    funny-gifs20.gif

• gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    what's next? A poll about whether (and if so) how many times you've polled? :(
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Haha, I just love polls. :p
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Nope.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Yes, on rare occasion.
    I've only done it once on purpose, but I was the one who originally started the topic. I did it because I had found some new information pertaining to the subject. I added the information for those who do a Google search on the subject.

Now I have been guilty of commenting on a post that has been necroposted, only because I didn't realize that they had been until after I added a remark. Now I try very hard to look at the original date of the post to make sure I don't anymore.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Yes, on rare occasion.
    Yes but only after someone else did, as I read this forum by "recent discussions".
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Yes, on rare occasion.
    I won't be the first one to resurrect it but sometimes I chime in then have a smack my forehead moment that the thread died years ago. Now and then though I have no shame if the subject is interesting and someone other than me resurrects it.
    egTcBMc.png
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes, on rare occasion.
    I wasn't sure how to answer this, because I've never been the one that started it.
    Like a lot of others, I've commented on threads when someone else already did it and it popped up in current discussions. I just browse through discussions and comment on the ones that look interesting, I don't generally look through the dates. Just this past week I had commented on a thread and the next post was a mod commenting that it was necroposted and closing it. I've often wondered why they don't just automatically close threads that are past a certain age, then necroposting couldn't happen.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    Yes, on rare occasion.
    I do what I want. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    I wasn't sure how to answer this, because I've never been the one that started it.
    Like a lot of others, I've commented on threads when someone else already did it and it popped up in current discussions. I've done that probably a handful of times, because I just browse through discussions and comment on the ones that look interesting. I don't generally look through the dates. Just this past week I had commented on a thread and the next post was a mod commenting that it was necroposted and closing it. I've often wondered why they don't just automatically close threads that are past a certain age, then necroposting couldn't happen.

They did that and then people in the building/creative forums got upset when they came back to post a new creation in their showcase thread only to find that it had been locked. So they undid the batch locking they had done. And now close threads as they get necro'd. It does not appear that they can have different rules for different sections.

I wonder if they could do something like what MTS does and put a "this thread hasn't had a reply in X months" to help prevent necro'ing there.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    Yes, on rare occasion.
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    I wonder if they could do something like what MTS does and put a "this thread hasn't had a reply in X months" to help prevent necro'ing there.

You'd think. It works pretty well on that site.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Yes, on rare occasion.
    On the rare occasion but as @Sharonia said when someone else ressurected a thread and I haven't realised it was a necropost.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    As everyone here has said, only after someone else has necro'd (usually a newer member) without me realizing it. I tend to check dates more often nowadays. I've been seeing a lot more necro'd posts lately with the influx of new players from when the game was free for awhile.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Yes, on rare occasion.
    Pretty sure I must have at some point or another, often from search. So guilty of being a tag-a-long though on already necro'd posts! I'm another one that lives on the Recent Discussions page, and I hardly ever check dates.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    had the urge to post on a thread from when i googled something but realized it was a thread back in 2017 so i just skipped on making a comment haha. so no.
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I used to all the time when I started out. I didn’t read the rules properly back then..
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    Yes, on rare occasion.
    Yes but only after someone else did, as I read this forum by "recent discussions".
    Same.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    One of the first things i do is check the OP date and keep looking until i see that break point of inactivity between replies, after that it is a simple matter of posting or not, either way it is reported on before hand.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I’m on mobile so it it’s shows me the number of views of a thread and the comments. When a thread has about 10-15 comments but 1k+-11k+ views it’s almost sure it’s been necroed, so I try to avoid commenting. When on pc version, I have to check to make sure it’s not a necropost.
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    I was just thinking how funny it will be 3 years from now when some newbie comes along and comments on this post.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com