Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Deprived, Let’s chat

tulipssimmertulipssimmer Posts: 89 Member
So this summer I somewhat being forced to be sims free because we don’t have service for over two months. I’ve been dying to play Island Living but I’m not gonna get to till the end of August, send help!! I’ve been getting my kicks with sims forum so if anyone what to talk sims with please do. What happening in your world?

Update: To all the peeps who have giving helpful tips on how play offline, thank you. But the real problem is I don’t even have my laptop to play the sims.
Post edited by tulipssimmer on

Comments

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    No Sims for two months sounds horrible!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • tulipssimmertulipssimmer Posts: 89 Member
    No Sims for two months sounds horrible!

The worst part is when I get back I have to go through all those updates! It’ll probably take a whole day updating my computer.
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Well, today I'm doing that fun thing where I divide my mods in half over and over again to try to find that one problem cc in about a million cc items. Not so fun, haha.

I've started writing my 1800s stories (posted on stories boards under "Back Then" and also on my Tumblr--link in signature). I also have a new piano teacher that is the hottie of the town and all the ladies want to take piano lessons from him or have their kids take piano lessons so that they can be around him. I'll start playing him today, which I've been looking forward to.

For a different project, I'm thinking about doing a life story for Alexander Goth who I played from teen to elder with grandkids in a previous save. He wasn't the main character, but I think I have enough screenshots of him to put together the story from his perspective.

I'm not going to buy Island Living until they get the bugs out, so maybe the end of August is actually a better time to get that pack anyway (trying to look on the bright side). I'm sorry you don't have sims. If you're into doing stories, maybe you could use this time to write out stories for previous characters you've played, text only. You wouldn't be limited by the game and could have them do anything you want. Could be fun.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited July 2019
    I know the feeling. There was a couple of times, when my computer had died, that I couldn't play.

I have several different game saves going on at the moment. One save is being built up, but playing with the age setting turned off. Mostly working on the different lots in that one. It's been an ongoing project for over two years now. That one I'm not playing rotational, but I am playing most of the families in that one. I keep waiting for a Univerity pack to be released to really start playing that on.

In another game save, I am playing a short life span, but my main sim is a vampire. I haven't given her the ability to create other vampires, other than getting pregnant and giving birth. In the story, she is supposed to be much older than Vlad, and it can be seen in her dark form.

67162218_1323680317782260_953957462447226880_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_oc=AQl6VqCIH9ZgjkZHVz6sogQtJONvWzCeo6TAwGQWGgbdXDGRKH3dkaxec1hWf6_LIhYNadzsbu2C_DDe9ZHCQISI&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=c63ffc8280c2655cd5c8db38a04db75b&oe=5DB4E045

Even though she is a vampire, things don't always go the way she wants. They eventually got married, but the first time she proposed to him, he rejected her.

67806444_1323242161159409_4355297550555676672_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_oc=AQm-X3ye_P5aTscvoC8BjP7Su8hBsoFnyL-Xl1Vaz0sD45I5UKa2AvB7l_EWTY1Tdmq62MCIJ6NGaCNTL9nOJHgd&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=f0a7a22d4d97599f95676908dfaa0191&oe=5DAEF007

She would have completely broken it off with him at that point but didn't because there was a little one in her tummy.

• HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    My internet connection was cut for a week earlier in the year, that was like torture. It wasn't any of my doing, it takes a week to get someone out to check it out with my useless ISP.

I haven't been able to play sims today due a 36'c heatwave coming through the UK. computer temps get substantially higher in warmer temps, not to mention how hard the fans have to work to extract the warm air as it adds to the warm breeze coming through my place. So.. not a very good idea. i could now its towards the end of the day and the temps are coming down but i don't want to sleep in an oven of a room.

So in someway i feel the pain of not being able to do what you want with such limitations.
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    edited July 2019
    So sorry you have to be without your sims so long. I couldn't do it. I feel so bad for you.

This makes me feel guilty as I am playing two different games and having so much fun.

The first family is a single mother named Verity Valentin. She has 8 children at home right now and 3 are normal, and 5 are aliens. After the last 3 were born I had no plans for her to have any more, but those pesky aliens wouldn't quit abducting her. Now along with the 8 kids she is pregnant with 5 more alien babies. 1 male and 4 female per the mcc mod. I have thankfully the ability to pause the pregnancy to let the children grow up into teenagers and move them out before she is allowed to complete the pregnancy lol. The three normal kids are name Felicity, Eleanor, and Jerome. The alien children are named Jeremiah, Aarav, Athena, Alina, and Rebekah. I am writing this as a story for my own purposes. I am playing them in disguise and with the premise, that these kids don't know they aren't human. They think they are human and haven't discovered their alien heritage yet as their mother has an amulet that keeps them in human disguise so they can have a normal life.

IuN1kFl.png

This is the mother Verity.

1ddduLo.png

This is Jeremiah he loves that play rocket ship (I wonder why lol).

qJLiHu7.png

Eleanor

CymV6p1.png

Felicity

cBVdpwd.png

Aarav

WfAPI4A.png

Rebekah

Hw8sFx2.png

Alina

NB1fTJy.png

Athena

2PFOp75.png

Jerome

The other game playing just for fun is a married Couple Dawson and Nadine Pennington. I went into a previous save and found this family which I had made myself, I put them in Oasis Springs but hadn't originally planned on playing them. So when I got bored the other day I decided to go back to this save and find a family to play in the save I hadn't played yet and I picked this family. When I started all the kids were toddlers. Turns out the mother is an alien in disguise and a few of her children are aliens in disguise and a few are normal that she had with her husband.

PL8aO9X.png

This is Nadine Pennigton.

2s6XDKJ.png

This is her husband Dawson.

XnEvlSM.png

This is their daughter Adelynn. She is human.

s2toH1E.png

This is Maximus an alien in disguise conceived during abduction.

XiReBWU.png

This is Zayne he is human.

X00r9fw.png

This is Aspen. She is an alien in disguise also conceived during abduction.

K3mx7Af.png

This is Crystal. She is an alien in disguise conceived during abduction.

tfG3cDJ.png

This is Solomon also an alien in disguise, but the only difference from the other three is he is actually the son of Dawson and Nadine. I guess he inherited her genes lol.

JgVFMrE.png

This is Jordon who is human.

tHYfaAq.png

This is Desirae she is human.

Well with this many kids I wasn't planning on them having anymore, but the aliens foiled me again. Dawson got abducted and came back pregnant with 2 male and 3 female babies.

bJc8SYT.png

Dawson currently pregnant in 2nd trimester although per mod I paused his pregnancy until the kids can age up into teenagers and I can move them out. That wasn't bad enough, Nadine got abducted again and she came back pregnant with 2 male and 3 female babies and her pregnancy is currently on pause as well rofl. Wow this game sure knows how to throw curve balls.

Well I sure hope you can find a way to play before the end of August. I hope this doesn't make your not being able to play feelings worse.
    Post edited by Colorist40 on
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I don't get it....you can play TS4 offline.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

I was under the impression that you needed the internet to at least let Origin verify that you owned the game. My experience comes from not having internet for a week from a freak lightning strike to our house that fried our modem by running up the phone line its plugged into (yea for living in the sticks and there only being one internet provider). When I tried to play the sims offline it wouldnt allow me to unless I connected my pc to my mobile hotspot on my cellphone and logged into Origin.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited July 2019

From what I remember, you have to select in Origin that you want to play offline in order to be able to play offline.

It sounds like OP never chose that option so Origin keeps trying to connect to their internet.

I lost internet before and when I wanted to play The Sims, I had to use my phone as a hotspot so my computer could have internet access and then all I did was open up Origin and turn off the internet option then I disabled from my hotspot and everything was all good.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Don't worry. Island Living isn't going anywhere. But if you want, I am working on a Bachelorette Challenge that might help. If you want the link it's in my signature :/
    funny-gifs20.gif

• LaurxoxLaurxox Posts: 4 New Member
    I feel your pain! I too have not been able to play but mainly due to work commitments. I'm stalking the forum daily to get my dose of TS4.. it fills me with such inspiration and a desire to play and I get so frustrated that I can't! When I last played months ago, I started a new save file where I bulldozed every lot and started all over again. I want to fill the world with new lots and new townies. Since I'm not a builder, I download lots from the gallery and then go in and edit the decor to my taste. Since I haven't been able to play, I haven't got very far with this project! I'm eager to get back on and fill as many lots as I can, then create my own townies and go in with MCCC to create relationships/stories so I have a really thriving world. THEN I will create the family I want to play with and start from there. I'm hoping to get back into it sometime in August!
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    @Laurxox That sounds very similar to what I'm doing right now--deleting everything and building up my own world. It's so much work, but I think it's worth it. I hope you have more time to play soon. :)
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • LaurxoxLaurxox Posts: 4 New Member
    It's definitely a lot of work and sometimes seeing screenshots/what people are upto in their own games makes me eager to just play! But I'm a bit of a perfectionist so I want the world and townies up straight before I jump into live mode properly! What ideas have you got for your world? I'm always eager to hear what others have done/lots created/houses and families they especially love and of course screenshots! Gives me ideas for my own world!
    edited July 2019

I was under the impression that you needed the internet to at least let Origin verify that you owned the game. My experience comes from not having internet for a week from a freak lightning strike to our house that fried our modem by running up the phone line its plugged into (yea for living in the sticks and there only being one internet provider). When I tried to play the sims offline it wouldnt allow me to unless I connected my pc to my mobile hotspot on my cellphone and logged into Origin.

Not at all. As long as Origin remembers your login username you can login offline and play your installed games. Just like on Steam. If it's a new Origin installation or if you are login in with your account for the first time on your computer then yes, you need to be connected to the internet, otherwise it won't let you log in.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • PlainConeyPlainConey Posts: 40 Member
    > @tulipssimmer said:
    > Rouenpucelle wrote: »
    >
    > No Sims for two months sounds horrible!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The worst part is when I get back I have to go through all those updates! It’ll probably take a whole day updating my computer.

have fun with this lol! jk. but seriously, have fun.

my sims are up to their usual shenanigans, which include not going to the bathroom even when their bladder has failed. Drinking and dancing to the radio when they're sleep deprived. Then starting a fire with some veggie burgers. On the side note, one of my sims just got engaged, and then her bestfriend trash talked the man she was engaged to. At a cookout. While strangers are listening on their convo! I love the sims ai.
    tumblr_pveqn05fFL1u5990do1_r7_1280.png
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Geek Moodlet *Need to play a computer game!!!*

I started playing sims from the Maxis gallery. It reminds me the Sim bins. It is sort of liberating. I realize I don't really like creating sims. If they look too much like real life, they're not fun to play. Same thing if they're too silly, it's hard to play them for a long time.

Maxis sims have the essence of sims. I have fun discovering them and I don't mind messing with them. Unlike premades who belong to a neighborhood and have a purpose.

I dropped them in New Crest and started building them houses as I play. Results are variable. Some are very weird, some are interesting.

And I gave a shot at rotation. I stopped in Sims 3 because of the weird story progression. But now, it's fun because they don't do much other than building relationships. One became friend with a merman. I plan to get them together. They also make enemies. It adds drama to Sims 4. Sims 4 don't have enough of it, so I take it where I can!
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • tulipssimmertulipssimmer Posts: 89 Member

Along with having no service I don’t have my laptop either so it’s kinda of a lose lose.

Along with having no service I don’t have my laptop either so it’s kinda of a lose lose.

Oh!.... :(
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1

Not at all. As long as Origin remembers your login username you can login offline and play your installed games. Just like on Steam. If it's a new Origin installation or if you are login in with your account for the first time on your computer then yes, you need to be connected to the internet, otherwise it won't let you log in.

I just trued playing my sims game without being connected to my wifi and it says I cant because "online login is currenyly unavailable". So I do need to be connected to the internet to play?
    edited July 2019

I just trued playing my sims game without being connected to my wifi and it says I cant because "online login is currenyly unavailable". So I do need to be connected to the internet to play?

Well I don't know. When I turn my wi-fi off I can log in in offline mode and play my game.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    @Jasonschick80 You don’t need to be connected to the Internet to play The Sims 4. It’s only required if you’d like to view online content such as the gallery and your news feed.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    @tulipssimmer I’ve been recreating all of the Sims from Sunset Valley into my game along with the correct family tree. It’s been quite the exhausting and rewarding journey so far!
    wB2Zykl.jpg
    Hestia wrote: »
    @Jasonschick80 You don’t need to be connected to the Internet to play The Sims 4. It’s only required if you’d like to view online content such as the gallery and your news feed.

It seems like I do because everytime I click on it a message from origin pops up saying I cant log in to play.

Example: I turn on my pc first thing in the morning, its not connected to the internet or the wifi and when I click on the sims 4 logo on my desktop the origin box pops up for me to sign in. My email, password are displayed and the box to keep me signed in is checked. But there is a msg at the top stating I cant login to play. So to me that sounds like I need to be connected to play a game I paid for.

However, if you guys dont need to be connected then thats great for you. I will peruse the EA help forums to see what Im possibly doing wrong so in case lightning ever strikes my house again and fries another modem I wont go crazy from not playing the sims :)
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    edited July 2019
    I used to log in offline and play but just out of curiousity I tried today and got an error message: saying no internet access
    First I tried offline but still logged in and game started.
    Then I logged out of Origin and went offline and got the error where I used to get the login (even tho' no internet) I don't know if they have changed anything or this is just a glitch but would be curious what others experience if they have the time to try it.

1. Stay logged in to Origin then turn off internet.
    2. Try to play game
    3. Log out of Origin completely then turn off internet.
    4. Try to play game again.

I don't even get a login screen when offline anymore so that is why I think it may be a glitch.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • KaeCee27KaeCee27 Posts: 41 Member

In my case, Origin updated on July 22 and since then has been "offline" so I can not play online or in offline mode. Five days now waiting for some fix or some magic to happen. Thanks to EA/Origin help who made me clear everything, reinstall and everything else under the sun I have no access to the game either way.

I am most definitely online, however. I miss the gallery and build challenges.