Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lifespan vs Seasons...How Many Years Will Your Sim Live?

QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
Do you take into account or ever think about how many years a sim will live with various lifespans vs. season lengths when you're setting your lifespan or season lengths?

Here are my calculations (I'm really bad at math, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). Based on long lifespan = approx. 336 days, normal lifespan = approx. 84 days, and short lifespan = approx. 43 days. Seasons: long 28 days, medium 14 days, short 7 days. Four seasons = 1 year.

*Edited for bad math (I told you, haha)...*

long lifespan, long seasons -- Your sim will live 3 years
long lifespan, medium seasons -- 6 years
long lifespan, short seasons -- 12 years

normal lifespan, long seasons -- 3/4 year
normal lifespan, medium seasons -- 1 1/2 years
normal lifespan, short seasons -- 3 years

short lifespan, long seasons -- 1/2 year
short lifespan, medium seasons -- 3/4 year
short lifespan, short seasons -- 1 1/2 years
BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
Post edited by QueenofMyshuno on

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited July 2019
    So in other words, for a sim dying of old age as an elder.. Long life span medium seasons is most realistic. But mine never seem to get through all of the seasons 96 times and that's how I play. How are you doing the math?

I'm only getting 6 years lol. (14 days *4 seasons =56 days a year...

336/56=6 years..). I def could be doing something wrong though... Have barely slept lately lol
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    @SimAlexandria I multiplied when I should have divided. :p I edited to correct it. Thanks! You were right. :)
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Haha no worries. I was sitting there forever trying to come up with the same answer. I KNEW it didn't seem anywhere close to 96 times through each season that my sims were living for LOL... but like I said, I've barely slept lately (my kid has been having some nightmares so she gets into my bed lol) so I really wasn't sure if it was you off, or me.
  • PrincessAmyPrincessAmy Posts: 225 Member
    I have to say.. it must be horrible for the Sims to know that they will only experience 1/2 of a year on the short lifespan.. :s imagine knowing you were born in Spring and will see Summer but Autumn and Winter is something you'll never see..
    I have to say.. it must be horrible for the Sims to know that they will only experience 1/2 of a year on the short lifespan.. :s imagine knowing you were born in Spring and will see Summer but Autumn and Winter is something you'll never see..

I know!!! That is a pretty awful thing to do to the poor sims.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I like to make sure any given life stage lasts for a full year so they can experience all the holidays at that age, which is a big reason I play with the long lifespan now and use a planned rotation. I also like to use 14-day seasons so it’s not constant holidays and that was taken into account.

But matching their years to real years would be a nightmare and I would run out of things for them to do (already do).
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Yeah.. I use a custom lifespan where I fixed the length of the age to the length of the seasons... My span are pretty long, YA is 560 sims days for example. But I rotate household often and this way I rarely have to turn aging off anyway.
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    Sounds pretty tragic... My sims live 10 years but I use custom seasons length (3 weeks) and age my sims only once in 1-2 (even 3 for adult) years depending on the life stage. Overall the lifespan of one sim is 840 days.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Using potions of youth with mine, one has already had hers, her child and his girlfriend have gotten their first, so when the time comes, the one who has had her second will have lived an extra 48 days longer than she should of and the other two at minimum are going to live 24 days later than they should of. if their elder years increase and they get bonus days.

There you have the ability to stare the grim reaper in the face and say "not today buddy!" as he walks off arms down all dejected.
    Hoverael wrote: »
    There you have the ability to stare the grim reaper in the face and say "not today buddy!" as he walks off arms down all dejected.

-What do we say to death?
    -Not today.

Haha, I think someone is a Game Of Thrones fan.

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Huh... I guess Sims mature faster than the average human :D You think they might be the last of the Neanderthals? :D
    funny-gifs20.gif

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited July 2019
    My sims live for only six years. :o I guess I better help make them good years. :D
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »

-What do we say to death?
    -Not today.

Haha, I think someone is a Game Of Thrones fan.

hah! so say we all! :tongue:

(btw Tyrion Lannister ftw!)

But yeah, it's an option to add an extra element to the formula above.

• mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I don't really think it like that because I play a huge rotation and I feel there must be some time passing even when the sims aren't being played/aging. Interesting calculations though.
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    I use MCCC for age spans in my save, so my sims actually live around 80 years (2 week seasons too, sp not egen the shortest ones). I play rotational though, it would probably get boring quite quick otherwise.