Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

August Patch Speculation 2019 (Now Out)

Comments

• jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    Oh, and all the stealing and game creating way too many kleptomaniacs hmm.. maybe burglars are coming! :o

Maybe not B)
  • jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    My wants for this patch would include:

Bug fixes
    especially genetics
    and cold spot in water bug

Improving IL

-that missing counter option

- added active water areas

at least for Brindleton Bay
    and Windenburg

as those worlds have ISLANDs

-hammock

that slipped out of IL files
    since well we saw that already don't just hide it in files

- hula and haka

since why can you do it in IL event but not in IL?
    that is just... why u do that

-ladder stairs
    what up with that ladder u cant use as stairs?

Improving Off Grid

- ''furniture style'' category for it to make the objects easier to find
    - Off Grid Objects?
    - getting water from some source like well or waterfall or something to use water related objects would be neat

Yes all of this, please!

I think they are opening(?) waters (or at least some areas there) in some other worlds at some point. It's now possible to go different areas in water now in most of the worlds, so we can wish that that will happen at some point. It's nice that you can play with sand in other worlds too than just Sulani, at least you can in Windenburg, haven't tried all places yet. This I found about by accident, didn't even thought about it being a thing.
  • MarvinKoshMarvinKosh Posts: 20 Member
    I don't expect to see many bug fixes in the August patch. Just look at all the other 'major bugfixing' patches.

There's no apparent logic behind how many things get fixed, which things get fixed, or when.

I get conflicting stories about how many people actually work on The Sims 4 - I could understand there being a problem keeping up with bugfixes if there is just ten people working on the game, but not if there's several dozen.

Historically, it doesn't seem like there's a lot of human resources dedicated to keeping the game in good working condition.

There are bugs that have been reported eight months or more ago and still have not been fixed, suggesting that low-priority bugs are routinely ignored.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    edited July 2019
    jj_____ wrote: »
    Bug fixes are needed, at least for those bugs that affect game play the most!

There is not so much hurry with little/funny/not game breaking ones. Like sim swimming in roads of Windenburg country side on way back from work to home is ok, for a while.. (not really, but it's funny since it does not happen all the time) but that layer of dirt that appears in basements that you can't remove affects game play and building, please fix that as soon as possible.

Also some improvements are always welcome!
    Patrice wrote: »
    Not only the island counters, but please create the upper cabinets to match the bottom one, because the new island living counter doesn't match the other ones. thank you :/

Agree with this also.

I think they went with ''we made wall shelves instead because those look cooler'' so idk if its gonna be thing to have cabinets to match though one can always hope
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    MarvinKosh wrote: »
    I get conflicting stories about how many people actually work on The Sims 4 - I could understand there being a problem keeping up with bugfixes if there is just ten people working on the game, but not if there's several dozen.

There are well over 100 working on the game.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • godfatheroz2godfatheroz2 Posts: 87 Member
    I just really really want them to fix mermaid genetics :(

Well looking at the patch notes for the console, they fixed mermaid genetics...just waiting for the pc fix
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member

Well looking at the patch notes for the console, they fixed mermaid genetics...just waiting for the pc fix

The pc patch could be as early as the sixth, but the console one had to come earlier because of the build mode crash that doesn’t happen on pc.

I hope they also fixed vampire genetics.

And I also hope they fix the stealing food thing because my sims do it to each other sometimes.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Did console just get new update that fix mermaid?
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member

They did in Today's Console Patch. Consoles got that fix before PC.
    izecson wrote: »
    Did console just get new update that fix mermaid?

Yes.
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Hopefully it adds the matching island counter to the Island Living one. I wish they would add matching cabinets as well, but I don't think they will. Also, I hope they do another swatch update, but this time for windows. I really want the base game windows in dark colors such as brown and black, and most of them are white, at least on the inside. Also, there's a small modern bathroom window that never got a black swatch when the other modern windows were updated to have a black swatch.
  • GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited July 2019
    We probably get the patch on 6th.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    lexus20 wrote: »
    Hopefully it adds the matching island counter to the Island Living one. I wish they would add matching cabinets as well, but I don't think they will. Also, I hope they do another swatch update, but this time for windows. I really want the base game windows in dark colors such as brown and black, and most of them are white, at least on the inside. Also, there's a small modern bathroom window that never got a black swatch when the other modern windows were updated to have a black swatch.

I want all of that too (there's two modern windows that never got the swatches but now they are all missing the new wood colors)! I have made a thread to suggest that, but honestly I don't believe they will. Or if they will, it'll be later next year, because we all know that feedback takes years to get to them for some odd reason. Probably some space time distortion.

Unlikely. They'll probably wait till the release of the Moschino SP to release a patch so more to the middle of the month or later even. But hopefully I'm wrong.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Goosey wrote: »
    elelunicy wrote: »

ROFL. There are 100 people working on Sims 4 and this is the quality they produce? My god, my god. I've seen games with a small handful of people fix bugs within days of a patch, and it takes the Sims 4 "special" team months to fix 1 bug.

I'm still waiting for them to fix this awful flooring dirt bug for basement floor cutouts which has ruined all my houses. Its been since June and they haven't done anything to fix it. I fear the special team they got is too special and won't be able to figure it out, so I quit the game since then. I may have to permanently stick to the pre June patch for good.

:D:D:D:D
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited July 2019
    Goosey wrote: »

ROFL. There are 100 people working on Sims 4 and this is the quality they produce? My god, my god. I've seen games with a small handful of people fix bugs within days of a patch, and it takes the Sims 4 "special" team months to fix 1 bug.

I'm still waiting for them to fix this awful flooring dirt bug for basement floor cutouts which has ruined all my houses. Its been since June and they haven't done anything to fix it. I fear the special team they got is too special and won't be able to figure it out, so I quit the game since then. I may have to permanently stick to the pre June patch for good.

The vast majority of people on the team do not work on bug fixing. For example an animator is only hired to animate stuff. A concept artist is only hired to draw concepts. An audio editor is only hired to edit audio. These people cannot and will not fix your bugs. Even those who are capable of fixing your bugs, most of them are tasked to work on new content. They also do not fix your bugs.

Also there are over 100 working at Maxis’ main studio in Bay Area alone. EA also has QA teams in both Louisiana and India working on the game. The total number of people working on the game is close to 200, just like Grant said.

Post edited by elelunicy on
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!

Hope it fixes a lot of Island Living Bugs.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited August 2019
    Also there are over 100 working at Maxis’ main studio in Bay Area alone. EA also has QA teams in both Louisiana and India working on the game. The total number of people working on the game is close to 200, just like Grant said.

In 2016

https://simsvip.com/2016/07/13/behind-scenes-lyndsay-pearson-developing-sims-4/
    How many talented people make up the development team at Maxis?
    LP: Maxis is proud to employ several hundred developers here at the Redwood Shores studio.
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    Sim Guru Frost tweeted last night that there isn't going to be an August Maxis Monthly because they are now going to keep those for months when there is something new to share and there isn't anything for August, does this mean there won't be a patch?
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    LMcGE wrote: »
    Sim Guru Frost tweeted last night that there isn't going to be an August Maxis Monthly because they are now going to keep those for months when there is something new to share and there isn't anything for August, does this mean there won't be a patch?
    No, there will be a release for the fashion-themed stuff pack called Moschino Stuff, and have a new loading screen and some bug fixes.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    @LMcGE nope, there is supposed to be one. They are supposed to update the loading screen to a darker one.

I really hope they will do as they said. I want to finally play my game without worrying about my eyes.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQGzjs0CPgWz4wx8YZ-zRnX1Y4U-T-kWfAeRdjXNpKOKYcpAuSS

There are so many bugs, I’m not sure a single exterminator could handle them.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    edited August 2019
    LMcGE wrote: »

There will be no Maxis Monthlies only if there isn't something free to share. It doesn't necessarily mean that there won't be paid content coming in August. They've already mentioned that there will be a patch in August.