Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking Forward To the End Of TS4

Comments

• caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    I totally respect everyone's opinions, but I, personally, am pleased with the sims 4... and for those who think it should be like the Sims 3 or the Sims 2 why not play those games? I still play them and I find every iteration very fun to play with... just a question, not attacking anyone :smile:
    he/him
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    FlpAmaral wrote: »
    I totally respect everyone's opinions, but I, personally, am pleased with the sims 4... and for those who think it should be like the Sims 3 or the Sims 2 why not play those games? I still play them and I find every iteration very fun to play with... just a question, not attacking anyone :smile:

In addition to what sk8rblaze said, some of us do still play those games. While I still find enjoyment in them both it's only natural to want to move onto bigger and better prospects. Unfortunately for some Sims 4 didn't fit the bill so what choice do they have other than to hope Sims 5 does?

Also I see nothing wrong with wanting certain aspects of a game to continue over or even improve in the next game. For example I really love the search feature in Sims 4 - I want to see it return in Sims 5. I love the cast feature from Sims 3 - I want to see it return in Sims 5. So on.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    It's not about TS4 being similar to the games, it's about being better, bigger, improved, revolutionary etc. The Digit in it's title should live up to it's name, no? TS2 retain many of TS1 features, and while somewhat so do TS3 from TS2 it was a bit mediocre but things like Open World and CAST and whatever were logical steps the game took for a sequel?
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member

I think what gets confusing for those who don't understand where those of us not satisfied with Sims 4 are coming from is that often times when we bring up Sims 4 or even Sims 5 having features similar to any of the previous games we don't want it to be like that game. That's like the bench mark. That's what the team should strive to outdo.

I don't nor have I ever wanted Sims 4 to be like Sims 3, because I can play The Sims 3, but I have gotten accused of wanting that simply because I think features should've carried over. If one game did something the best then why is it too much to expect them to make it to or beyond that same mark?

Forget being like my favorite Sims game, try to be better than all the Sims games. That's what I want.
    It's not about TS4 being similar to the games, it's about being better, bigger, improved, revolutionary etc. The Digit in it's title should live up to it's name, no? TS2 retain many of TS1 features, and while somewhat so do TS3 from TS2 it was a bit mediocre but things like Open World and CAST and whatever were logical steps the game took for a sequel?

This. So much this. We want it to take those previous games and improve on them, not make the same game or one that doesn't live up to them.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

I do. But the problem for me is, I stopped playing or buying for TS4 in summer of 2017. I've been waiting on bug fixes, read the patch notes every month if it contains bug fixes and there is one, and wait to see what they do next. However, I was never going to buy C&D. Pets in TS1 and TS2 was enough for me not to want to play that again or not my favorite things to do in these games. And any pet EP would have to be better than Unleashed (which at the time was amazing) and or TS2 Pets which wasn't as amazing. So, I thought o.k. maybe the nex thing will make me put up with the bugs and buggy Origin (which I had to reinstall often and told by Orign to go back to an older version etc.)

But the next thing wasn't some amazing EP with amazing weather, to me it wasn't as special as Vacation from TS1, or TS2 Seasons, and or TS3's Seasons which actually had way more in it than TS2's Seasons. So, I waited and still no bug fixes or find out there would be even more bugs if a new patched was installed or a new EP.

So, time past, and past, no new GP or EP to interest me, especially not Strangerville, nor did Get Famous seem to be beyond or as amazing as TS1's Superstar. And not as broad and or as much as TS3's Showtime...so again more time passes waiting on them to show me something that would make be put up with more bugs and that buggy Origin.

Nothing came out that seemed better, bigger or more depth than the previous games already have. Now, I liked TS4 some of it, but things were going down hill. More and more bugs, more broken packs I do have, and more and more things released that didn't seem to be as amazing as the past ones.

TS4 is five years old. My TS1, is nineteen years old. (Still have it still load it). My TS2 is fifteen years old, have played it for fifteen years. My Ts3 is ten years old, still play it from time to time. I can't play TS4 because if I do I will have more bugs than I had when I quit, according to legitimate bug list and I would have to deal with buggy Origin, so, I think five years was long enough to see what they did and how they did it, and whether it should keep on this road or not. It's not that I didn't like a lot of TS4 it just seems it's a very small game, doesn't out shine the older games, and has many more bugs than I had in those so, yeah, I do play the older games more than I am willing to put up with this game and it's problems. Every month there is a new problem for this game because there is a new patch, or forced new content or a new pack, and maybe if they ended it then someone could start to fix it, and those who quit could play it again without the hassle of having to patch it every month. Maybe after University players will see it has all the packs and really I didn't get farming in TS2 nor amusement parks, but we did in TS3 and maybe TS5 can go where this game does not.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • simsdesertersimsdeserter Posts: 7 New Member
    The question I want to ask is if anyone who rejects the cost of the packs etc are developers themselves. I would love to know how big the team is. I think it costs a lot to make what we have. Sure it needs to get better but there are so many moving parts and interactions. I think what they have achieved is amazing. Mass rejection equals people losing their jobs. Where is all the profit going? I doubt it is going to the hard workers.
  • MaxieMixMaxieMix Posts: 194 Member
    It looks like sims 4 is just a downgrade from sims 3 with all the features they took out

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2019
    The question I want to ask is if anyone who rejects the cost of the packs etc are developers themselves. I would love to know how big the team is. I think it costs a lot to make what we have. Sure it needs to get better but there are so many moving parts and interactions. I think what they have achieved is amazing. Mass rejection equals people losing their jobs. Where is all the profit going? I doubt it is going to the hard workers.
    I doubt it’s all going to the hard workers, the devs, as well. So I don’t really understand your point I’m afraid ;) It’s also not really what this topic is about, I’d love to throw my money at them like I did in the past. My problem actually is that I don’t feel any urge to do so anymore.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • altg1229altg1229 Posts: 89 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Then why do people pay 600-900 dollars or even more for a decent graphics card for gaming if graphics is not part of gaming? Maybe not in your world - but in my world - graphics matter.

There are also plenty of players out there spending money on games like Minecraft and Stardew Valley. Those games look like holdovers from the early eighties, but they've got lots of fans.

Know why?

Because the gameplay is there, including plenty of customization.

TS4 Sims look great, I find the rest of the art style meh. But at this point most of EA's budget and time are clearly being spent on building worlds rather than creating gameplay and improving player choice.

off topic but stardew valley <3333333333
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

To my knowledge TS4 started out with over one hundred on it's team according to Rachel and Ryan in 2014. Since then Grant (previous lead producer who recently was transferred) stated it has even more than that, now. I have no idea how many actually build TS4. And sometimes I think all that money TS3 is still making (billions) and all that billion TS4 has made goes to finance other EA games. But I would have no idea about that only what I read in financial news etc.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

To my knowledge TS4 started out with over one hundred on it's team according to Rachel and Ryan in 2014. Since then Grant (previous lead producer who recently was transferred) stated it has even more than that, now. I have no idea how many actually build TS4. And sometimes I think all that money TS3 is still making (billions) and all that billion TS4 has made goes to finance other EA games. But I would have no idea about that only what I read in financial news etc.

And now Grant is off working on another "mysterious Maxis project," when it was twice before he was moved to become the lead producer of the next Sims game. Hmm..
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

And now Grant is off working on another "mysterious Maxis project," when it was twice before he was moved to become the lead producer of the next Sims game. Hmm..

I just hope this time he'll make the right choices... :confounded:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • TheSillyArchitectTheSillyArchitect Posts: 17 Member
    The only thing that I don't want in the new game is for "Internet connection required to play" 🐸🐸🐸🐸 because the sims do not require to be online but no with all the new games they have to have an internet connection, don't treat the buyers like Pirates.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »

I don't think TS4 should have been like TS2 or TS3. It should have been better, much better, considering it was years newer, and IMO it was worse. Limited, ugly, and childish.

I think you just hit the bullseye with that.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

I just hope this time he'll make the right choices... :confounded:

We are doomed.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

In February simguruGrant stated that “We actually have a bigger team on TS4 than we had on TS3”.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited July 2019
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

In February simguruGrant stated that “We actually have a bigger team on TS4 than we had on TS3”.

Yes, he also said on the 15th March that the sims4 team are around 200 people. That's a lot of people to pay each month...which is also why I am very critical about the latest expansions. It doesn't feel like the effort from 200 people.

I also suspect the senior programmers have been moved to work on sims5. They still have the designers working on the sims4, because they do not need them yet. And to give them something to do...they will release a pack that seems to be mostly CAS items (moschino pack).

I think a lot of money are going to just pay the people honestly, and it is possible that they have so little time to work on each pack that they need that many people to be able to make it in time.

That, and I think that they are worried that if they would add some really advanced features to the game it will be too unstable (like the end of the sims3), and they have no senior programmers to work on it because they are not assigned to the sims4.
  • Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member

Must be one hell of a break room.

raw
    edited July 2019
    logion wrote: »

Yes, he also said on the 15th March that the sims4 team are around 200 people. That's a lot of people to pay each month...which is also why I am very critical about the latest expansions. It doesn't feel like the effort from 200 people.

I also suspect the senior programmers have been moved to work on sims5. They still have the designers working on the sims4, because they do not need them yet. And to give them something to do...they will release a pack that seems to be mostly CAS items (moschino pack).

I think a lot of money are going to just pay the people honestly, and it is possible that they have so little time to work on each pack that they need that many people to be able to make it in time.

That, and I think that they are worried that if they would add some really advanced features to the game it will be too unstable (like the end of the sims3), and they have no senior programmers to work on it because they are not assigned to the sims4.

200 people probably counting the forum moderators and community managers and marketing personnel. Plus around 20 producers. The rest would be the art team, sound engineers and then programmers. I don't think Maxis has any internal 3D modelling people since they outsource hair and things.

If they are worried they should have hired or assigned someone to be a senior programmer for the whole lifespan of this game, or made a better engine to start. Wasn't this game suppose to whistand more complex better features? Isn't this game a sequel? Why are there such extensive limitations? For what it's worth, TS3 runs okay on my computer. It's not crazy optimised but I don't have a lot of lag, considering I'm not playing in Isla Paradiso ahaha
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top