Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited July 2019
    Um, my sim wants to take an athletic class, when I click the stadium it says "Tuition fees are part of integral programs...sorry" and is grayed out.Happening to every single class....acts like my sim is at uni and they aren't
    edited July 2019
    Alrighty so my sim Darren got corrupted...Somehow....so I had to recreate him, I used a photo for inspiration.I'm not very good at creating sims from pics XD But I had to attempt lol...

67147777_342292196695039_3402560168058159104_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_oc=AQn_-2t_VXiqz_oRjpQEU_WN5nh_uUFUUyjw6ZFuM4uEAapXbMi0uYmB_wKqHPhZsAE&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=a016485bfaa6e11b3da1f6917545bac8&oe=5DE0F707

67417865_342293493361576_3519090997394931712_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_oc=AQm0-p7J7vWSxH9vF8DKbssJ4OBNUQqKJa7I9GNMyXSqe4n8eZrXAcigm1JCY4gGFLQ&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=b80eb54e5023ed845b71334ad582572e&oe=5DB6C930

67454333_1655046801295529_6881379078184632320_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_oc=AQmAerVWW62wzVyq08zAkoHapogm00A7RZ6VPPsJHiPr9-MwXjziPC1hOlRVfAyzzo8&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=a6ddfa6d8abd4d2188a5fe031b1c6258&oe=5DB5D19F
    Inspiration!!!
  • cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    pg. 3597
    @bekkasan Thanks for the lovely comments. Sarah's eyes do look a bit freaky! :lol: I love the idea of a fairy party. I guess their presence was enough to prevent the zombies from showing up in the first place :smile:
    @PalmArrow Thanks I love it too :smile:
    @CravenLestat Is that a challenge? :naughty:
    68f21f5fee9f03ba642f3a8d34872197.gif
    @king_of_simcity7 I enjoyed all of your updates in the last week. I think Nick is trying to maneuver Humara so that Simon doesn't get to spend much time with her. He really needs to tell her how he feels because at this point he is starting to look clingy. If Nick has friends like Warren and Dom we know he's bad news!
    @ZhakiraP Ouch... good luck! :sweat_smile:
    @Emily4331 Ahh dang it. I hope you really didn't have to reinstall the game because it's such a big pain. Sounds like you found the issue? :smile:
    @jonny522 Thank you, I am alright now. I enjoyed reading all of your updates. I'm just glad Alex made it back home safely again. It's sad what happened to Don :frowning:
    @sassygray5 That is hilarious that the site went down. I hope they get it back up and running soon because it's a lot of fun to play with :smile:
    @mikezumi It's good that River already knew a bit about gardening, he will fit right in. The multitab podcasts save so much time. Aw you are denying Mikezumi and Shannon a second baby :lol: Bizarre that Keanu and River chose the bed when they were kissing right next to the outdoor shower.
    I always forget that I can send sims to concerts and sports games. Everyone looks very serious in the car. That's a huge blockage of sims but at least they finally got free. Shannon and Mikezumi are probably giving that toddler more care than it gets from its mother :lol:

pg. 3598
    @GraceyManor I have no clue at all about this one. I assume you still have all the normal Nraas mods in play because it does sound like something has gone seriously wrong :frowning:
    Darren looks very handsome, you did a great job on him. Who's the inspiration guy? Wow is all I will say :lol:
    @coco
    I searched up "good looking firemen" XD cause when I think of firefighters, I picture handsome guys and lovely ladies.XD
    And that's who I got LOL
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @GraceyManor , that's a VERY good looking fireman! :)
    I've had an overabundance of llama mascots in my Bridgeport game.

At one point there were two llamas waiting outside Belinda's flat, but neither had any interactions available when I clicked on them. I reset them both with Master Controller.

tPpG5Sv.jpg

A few seconds later, they reappeared again.

xrrz0LC.jpg

I reset them again, and this time THREE of them reappeared!

6Xwsjb5.jpg

They only disappeared and stayed that way after I reset the whole lot.

I sent Belinda to the library to read a skill book.

jnaItAb.jpg

But the camera suddenly moved to the home lot because a mascot was visiting again!

This one seemed to be normal, though - he just hung around for a while and then went away.

RUA870b.jpg
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited July 2019
    @PalmArrow Belinda's outfit is really cute :love:

@coco :rage: Yes it's a challenge,you have to use 3 of my newest patterns in a photo shoot.My challenge part is..........................

One model must be a redhead,One a brunette,and One a Blonde

If you manage something awesome you win her :o

c1y0H7e.png

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
    This game is very frustrating.I can see why @Brandontaylor gave up.
    My sim is a firefighter and every time he gets a call, it ends before he can respond.
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    If any of you are Nvidia users, they have a cool new feature called Freestyle that allows you to achieve pretty effects in your game in real time. Like you can change it in game. It's awesome.

Anyway, I'll probably still tweak the settings about a million times, but I like the difference I've made already.

Without my Freestyle...style:
    SeEBjFg.jpg

With my Freestyle style:
    YyMBRio.jpg
    Oh! You can also have multiple styles saved so you can switch between them quickly. I might make a different one to suit other times of day better. :3
    @Emily4331 , I have Nvidia, but for some reason I only managed to get Freestyle to work with my Sims 4 game, not with Sims 3 although it's mentioned on their list. I wish I could find out the reason for this and use it. Your second picture is lovely!
    @PalmArrow Did you make sure Sims 3 was in your Gforce Experience? If not, try having it scan the location of the game so it will recognize it.
  • stephenhamburgstephenhamburg Posts: 315 Member
    My old games computer suffers a small trauma everytime I load up games, so I'm in the process of building a new one. Meanwhile I was getting withdrawl symtoms from my sims, so onto the "store bought" computer to satisfy my fun bar.
    I decided to try something different with my sim self, rather than playing the standard game starting at adulthood. So I loaded him into CAS and took him back to toddler age, let CAS randomly choose two parents for him, and so play an almost entire sim life with him.
    Cute toddler, don't know if I was that cute in real life...and only the second time I've played in Riverview, forgot how simply pretty it is.
    Happy simming to all simmers.

wishlist free since 10th June 2015
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @coco Thanks for the comments and feedback :smile: Nick is able to play these games as he has nothing to lose while Simon feels like he could lose everything!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@CravenLestat Whose wardrobe don't you like? :cry: I'm so sad now. :cry:
    Yep, you big old 🐸🐸🐸🐸....I've missed your posting even if you are mean to me and call my friend a scaredy cat!! :tongue:

@ZhakiraP Good luck with that! That's why I dislike rules and love that I can play my way with my nraas mods in. :grin: I do so admire those of you who can play a challenge with all those rules though. It makes for interesting reading.....maybe someday I will try one.

@Emily4331 You are too young to be having brain farts like that! I'm old and that is my perfect excuse. :tongue:
    Those are very pretty changes.

@Mikezumi It's nice that River has joined the household!
    What a fun day for the family getting out of the house and lol....playing with toddlers.

@GraceyManor That is strange, is that one of the custom worlds? You can try resetting the venue, but it could be the way the world was coded as a vacation world if it is a custom one. Also, If you have nraas traveler change the settings to treat as vacation to false and see if that helps.
    :heart: the inspiration and the sim!
    The firefighter career is very glitched no matter how good or bad a puter you have. I've not even tried it yet because I heard so many bad things about the career.

@coco That was the first time I've never had a zombie pop up during a full moon so that was weird. Maybe there were already too many sims on the lot for zombies to pop up.
    oh, my, I love cats, but that one would be really hard to love!! :confounded:

@PalmArrow Jeeps, one uni mascot is bad enough, three is a nightmare waiting to happen!
    The more I see Belinda the more I like her! I do love that dress too.

@stephenhamburg I do understand withdrawal symptoms! I too would love a better puter so I can have all my stuff in it.
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    Today, Rachel found Hunter Cottoneye at his home:
    Screenshot-6751.jpg
    'What do you want?' Hunter asked, irritated. 'How dare you end the lives of my three nieces!' Rachel angrily responded.
    Screenshot-6753.jpg
    'Oh, so you think I did it, huh? Well, I didn't. Now leave me be' Hunter replied, getting really annoyed:
    Screenshot-6754.jpg
    Rachel found that insulting. Hunter had lied to her face, and It's not wise to lie to a demigoddess. 'You lying, cold blooded cur! Did you know your leader, Shane Snaith had taken his life in prison? Because when the guards found a note underneath the mattress of his bed, they found out that he couldn't live with the guilt of extinguishing three young lives. He was remorseful. REMORSEFUL!' Rachel blasted.
    Screenshot-6755.jpg
    'Oh, and who told you?' Hunter said, raising his eyebrow. 'My father. The Llama God' Rachel said, confidently. 'Oh, so you're saying your dad, who is imaginary, saw what happened? Pull the other one' Hunter said, truculently. Suddenly, the Llama God appeared above. 'Oh, now you've done it. On that note, was your name, HUNTER COTTONEYE! LET HIM HAVE IT, MY DAUGHTER!' The Llama God boomed with fury. Hunter Cottoneye went white with fear. 'Wait, I'm sorry! I did end the lives of your nieces. The cats, too! Please, spare me!' Hunter said, pleading for his life. 'That's not going to work. I've gone through heck because of your actions! And you expect me to let you live, after what you said to my father? Give me a break' Rachel said, wild with fury.
    Screenshot-6757.jpg
    Rachel started to cast a spell. Hunter was not going to survive this:
    Screenshot-6762.jpg
    Suddenly, he burst into flames, and his clothes, except for his pants, had disintegrated:
    Screenshot-6763.jpg
    Hunter started to walk away as fast as he could:
    Screenshot-6767.jpg
    'OH NO YOU DON'T!' Rachel yelled:
    Screenshot-6771.jpg
    Casting a long range ice blast, Rachel froze Hunter in place:
    Screenshot-6774.jpg
    'G-get me out of here...' Hunter said, muffled. Rachel appeared in front of him. 'You left me with no choice' She said, shaking her head.
    Screenshot-6775.jpg
    Rachel snapped her fingers together and Hunter Cottoneye's life was extinguished. He simply ceased to exist.
    Screenshot-6772.jpg
    Rachel teleported back home:
    Screenshot-6777.jpg
    'Today, a weight has been lifted off my shoulders...I can live my life with Iris and Drake in peace...' Rachel said, weeping. She hadn't cried for a long time, and the feeling of closure was overwhelming. She felt her brother's hand on her shoulder. Looking up, she saw Advarius, his spirit shining. 'There, there, my dear sister. It's all over now' he said, comforting Rachel. 'Cindy, Candy, Cinnamon, Belle and Marty can all rest easily' Advarius added. 'Thank you my brother. Thank you for watching over me, Drake and Iris. Thank you, father, for all that you've done' Rachel said, drying her eyes, and feeling grateful. 'You're welcome, my dear' Advarius said. Rachel gave him a kiss on the cheek. 'Goodbye Rachel, I'll always protect you!' Advarius said, his spirit dissipating. Thus, Rachel, Drake and Iris can now get on with their lives, without trouble.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
    edited July 2019
    .My sim has not gotten paid for either day he's worked because the jobs keep canceling out.Its annoying as heck.He's completely broke.

Googled the issue and it said it has something to do with homes on foundations, in which most of this world is all homes with foundations, its beach city by Rflong7.But its the only custom world I like that has all the expansions and doesn't use CC.

Gonna try moving to another town, but I really like worlds with night clubs and such.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @PalmArrow Might be a minor glitch with the llamas! :D It couldn't be as bad as the deadly glitch in TS2 where the came could spawn continuous service Sims until it bloated you files and crashed your game. Happened to me twice. Once it was with gardeners! :no_mouth:

@CravenLestat Cute Sim :love:

@Emily4331 Nice scenery with the freestyle :smile:

@DeafSimmer Nice pictures in the boat :smile:

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    Recently, Rachel continued working on the Inventor Trilogy:
    Screenshot-6781.jpg
    At 7:00AM, sim time, Drake and Iris woke up. The pair made their beds and got changed. 'Good morning, bro! Did you sleep well?' Iris asked. 'Sure did, sis!' Drake replied. 'That's good to hear!' Iris said, smiling. She gave Drake a big hug and a big kiss on each cheek:
    Screenshot-6792.jpg
    Drake blushed. Iris had left a pink lip print on each of his cheeks. Iris smiled fondly at her brother. Later, she and Drake did some exercises downstairs in the living room:
    Screenshot-6873.jpg
    Back upstairs, Rachel was still working on the masterpiece:
    Screenshot-6878.jpg
    She was determined to get it done, and nothing was going to stop her. A few sim hours later, Drake and Iris were finishing up on their exercises:
    Screenshot-6925.jpg
    Screenshot-6926.jpg
    Several sim hours later, Rachel had finished typing up the Inventor Trilogy:
    Screenshot-7057.jpg
    'Phew, that's done. Think I'll take a few days break before I start on the Fantasy series. It's going to take a while till I know what to name the new series' Rachel thought to herself as she saved and shut down her laptop:
    Screenshot-7059.jpg
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    edited July 2019
    Ok, so after taking @soocoolsim 's second piece of advice (adding a second floor to use as the roof for routing issues) I redid the girls' wagon again, and then finished the others. I have to say I'm quite pleased. I'll have to remember to take a screenie at night to show the Romani camp all lit up :)

here's some screenies of the new camp, though :smile:

j0vVdoX.jpg
    N3Gpcrg.jpg

Tiny George's wagon front left, Selina and Rummy's wagon on the right. Back right is the girls' wagon and back left is Peaches' wagon
    jUf5QjP.jpg

Selina and Rummy's wagon
    WgJbCOy.jpg

The twins' wagon
    IXhiq2C.jpg

Peaches' wagon, excuse the poorly painted ground by the trash can, that's been fixed since lol
    hEcAkGs.jpg

from the back
    nqXdmvK.jpg

The insides are basically the same, though they all have had their wagons widened by 1 (for a better curve to the roof.) The twins wagon has been set up slightly differently to accommodate the entrance at the end vs the side. It flows better this way, too.

Now for comments next post :)
    Post edited by AbellaKellaher on
    Belinda got a very plain outfit for her first day in the movie career, so I added my Pop Art pattern to it to brighten it up.

bdhOrep.jpg

When she got home from work she paid the bills. There was also mail for her: a love letter from one of the University mascots from yesterday. It's not going to happen, llama mascot!

94jAxvX.jpg

She visited Waylon's haunt, but it was empty. She sat down to read the newspaper and find that night's hotspot.

qmh12BX.jpg

It was The Prosper Room. Will they let her in? Let's try!

Wbq4KFb.jpg

She changes into formalwear and tries to walk in confidently.

kpKuFav.jpg

Although the bouncer had hearts for her AND she gave him a medium bribe, he wouldn't let her in. She didn't miss much though - there was nobody in there except for the employees. Some hotspot!

bbtGcmS.jpg
    @AbellaKellaher , the wagons look stunning! Did you make them using the ConstrainFloorElevation cheat? I never even attempted to understand that one!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top