Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom Content Hair textures are not right (?)

looby12looby12 Posts: 26 Member
This problem only began recently, and it had been perfectly fine before, using the same custom content hairstyles. Last week, I was playing the Sims 4 as usual, made my sim, the lot etc. Her hair looked fine, no messed up texture at all during CAS. When I put her onto the lot, her hair had gone from black to blonde/brown streaks that didn't look the right texture. I tried again with a few different custom content hairstyles (from different creators) and different sims - it came up with the same result.
I played again today and I still had the same problem - it had worked about a month ago and the hairstyles were the correct textures. I haven't changed anything in the settings of the game - all of them are on high/very high so I don't think the textures aren't right because of low settings. I also haven't downloaded any other custom content, so it isn't that which is causing the problem unless I have downloaded something without remembering and it has messed up the textures of other custom content (?)
All of the hairstyles look fine in Create A Sim, just not when playing in the actual world. I'm not sure if anyone else has had the same issue. Is there anything I can do to solve this?

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    Hello.
    Since the last game patches, there have been some conflicts between cc/mods and the game. Perhaps it might be good to go back where you got your cc from and see of there has been an updated version of the cc.
  • looby12looby12 Posts: 26 Member
    I'll definitely check to see if the creators have updated anything since the last time I looked. Hopefully it'll solve my problem. Thanks!
  • AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    edited May 2015
    @looby12 -- I'm not sure if this is the same problem you're experiencing, but I've had something like that happen myself with one of the CC hairs I use. As far as I can tell, I think in my case, it's a problem with the 'LOD' or 'level of detail.' That's basically a system that lowers the detail the game needs to render as your camera gets further from the object.

The behavior I've noted is that I have a hair where the black color goes to a sort of 'striped' or 'banded' appearance of blonde and dark stripes/bands -- but only when I zoom out to a certain distance with the camera. Zooming in, there's a point at which the color/texture 'pops' and looks as it should again. That's a LOD issue, as far as I know. Still something that needs to be fixed by the creator, I believe, but that may help to narrow down what's wrong, which could be useful for posting a comment to the creator explaining the problem.

Edit: One other thing you might check -- I read that having 'Laptop mode' turned on can cause streaking that sounds a bit like what you've described. Might check to see if that's turned on, and if so, see if you can run the game with it off, if it fixes the hair issue.
    Post edited by Ayradyss on
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • BrownieBunnieBrownieBunnie Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey I had this problem too. (Mainly from me being an idiot an messing with settings) I had 'Uncompressed textures' off and when I turned it back on my custom hair went back to normal again.
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/946943/necroposting#latest

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top