Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Been a while... how often do you use the 1st person mode?

Comments

• MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    Never cause I don't want to/like it
    Same as many others here, can't see any reasonable use for it, just don't need it.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    I've never even tried it. I got nauseous when I watched the live stream and I don't want to experience it again.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I've never even tried it. I got nauseous when I watched the live stream and I don't want to experience it again.

Same here. Very nauseous.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    Ocassionally check it out
    used it recently with sulani while my sim was on the boat. very relaxing.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Only in certain situations
    Didn't think to try it on the boat yet... gonna go for it next time. I will never use it on the swing again though. Bleh...
    egTcBMc.png
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    With my severe motion sickness I have never even tried it. I was sick for hours after watching the live stream. The Sims has been one of the few games I can even play (for any length of time) because of this issue.
  • SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    I’ve never used it. I’ve seen it demonstrated on YouTube and I felt sick after, so I avoid it.
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I love it! I tend to jump into it at random times or especially when I'm trying to take some interesting screenshots. I wanted first person back when I was playing Sims 2.
    #Team Occult
  • fereldenherofereldenhero Posts: 10 New Member
    Other (maybe comment?)
    Honestly have never used it, but I've always liked the idea of doing a simself save where I play exclusively in 1st person. I'm sure it would be nausea inducing haha!
  • simgravessimgraves Posts: 291 Member
    Never cause I forget it's there
    I completely forgot this feature exists. It's probably because I see no use of it
  • MidagereMidagere Posts: 67 Member
    Keep forgetting that I have this option. And still, if your sim is in a small room, there's no way to get out of it since we can't play them with keyboard.
    giphy.gif
    After all, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named did great things. Terrible, yes. But great.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I mean, I don't really know why it was ever included? It just feels like a pointless gimmick to me. I think I've even forgotten how to access it?
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I mostly use it when I think the Sim is enjoying a particularly lovely view at that moment. Could be while they are sitting on a park bench, at the breakfast table facing a window, penthouse view in San Myshuno or in a lounge chair at the beach. I rarely use it for more than 20-30 seconds at a time. It is not necessary and doesn't enrich gameplay or anything, but I rather like it and I am glad to have the option.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I love it but in small doses, lol. WE, go jogging, go dancing, just about anything that I think would be interesting to see from their eyes. I have yet to be in 1st person during woohoo...eww. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I might try it with one of my single sim households soon.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    I used it once or twice when it first came out so I could see what it was about. I haven't used it since.
  • puffyamiumi22puffyamiumi22 Posts: 77 Member
    I not only forget it's there, but I forgot the button combination to even use the first person mode. It might also be me, but I get a headache when using it too.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    edited July 2019
    Almost never. I use it as a perspective tool for some screenshots. I hadn't considered using it while they're jogging, though!
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I don't think I've ever used it. I always forget it's there. But if they added third person view with direct keyboard control (like the mod or TS2 console) I would probably use it a lot.
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    It's fun for some screenshot, but I often forget it's there.
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I checked it out once of twice after the patch it was introduced, but after that I'm not really interested in it. I've even forgotten what buttons to bring it up. I'd much rather be interested in a button that toggles fading of objects - like trees, lamps etc.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • ierolovrr31ierolovrr31 Posts: 52 Member
    I'd like to use it more, just to see what my sims see but it triggers my motion sickness reeeeeeal bad
  • AnisaerahAnisaerah Posts: 26 Member
    It's interesting, but every time I try to use it, it's so wobbly, and sometimes I have a hard time getting back to regular view.
  • CodexMortemCodexMortem Posts: 104 Member
    I try it when I remember it's there, tbh. Or sometimes when my sims are doing some activities that make me wonder how it looks from a first person pov, like jogging or such.
    gGelhII.png
  • PrinceSarahPrinceSarah Posts: 18 Member
    I still think it's super weird. It's a no from me!