Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Home foundations disable camera bob

PrincessAmyPrincessAmy Posts: 225 Member
edited July 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Hello everyone!

I love playing The Sims 4, however, I suffer from quite extreme motion sickness. I have ever since a young age and it is something I need to deal with a lot. Medicine causes me to feel quite sleepy and doesn't prevent my motion sickness from being triggered unfortunately. I noticed that in The Sims 4 when I move while in build mode or in live mode, if a house has foundations, there is a bob when I come up to the home. This unfortunately has been causing motion sickness for me since I do need to move around the lot a lot, I have Googled this and found some other people suffering from motion sickness who experienced the same issue with this. I know that I can avoid foundations.. but I really want to be able to use all features of the game!

I would really love if we had a setting in settings to turn off the bob with foundations and make it into another level that we can cycle through if we want to (the same way we can change the floor we are on). Of course I am not saying for this to be the default, just extra options in the settings to help the people with motion sickness that are experiencing this.

Comments

• TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    Hi! I hear you--I've had similar issues, including in earlier versions of the game, when playing lots that backed up to the game's mountains or walls. I get queasy using of a number of lots in Windenburg because of the camera-bounce whenever I rotate the view. The game has trouble recognizing which elevation the camera should be at, and bounces about unpleasantly, just as you say. My spouse, who was in game-development for a couple decades, tells me this is a common problem, not unique to the Sims-series. Apparently it's very difficult to get right; I got the impression that, technologically, we simply aren't quite there yet--again, in handling this kind of elevation change.

Is it any better for you on flat lots, in flat-terrain neighborhoods? (I'm guessing the answer is no.)

I hope they can make this better. With that in mind, if you're on twitter, this'd be a good thing to post on a sim-guru's twitter!
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @PrincessAmy I posted this in another thread, so I cut and pasted it here, but maybe this solution another Simmer found could help...

The camera bounce supposedly has something to do with the 'IgnoreLotLevel' setting in the camera.ini file according to Mustikkapensas on a thread about this issue at Answers.EA.com. Here's what they say:

"You can disable the camera drift for some degree from the game files. Locate you game folder (can be found in Origin > App. settings > Install & Saves > Game library location) go to \The Sims 4\Game\Bin\res and edit Camera.ini with any text editor. Find every "IgnoreLotLevel" (without quotes) and change them all to true and save.

Only drift I could see after that was on foundation level for some reason but it's barely even noticeable. Hope this helps."

Source: Camera bouncing uncontrollably

I would copy and save the camera.ini file's original contents first and copy them back if needed in case it doesn't work. Note that the author of this fix does say there's still a bit of bounce at foundation level, so perhaps this won't fix the problem you're having, but could be worth a try anyway? *shrugs*

Happy Simming! <3