Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thank You EA Team

Well I realized when it is broke I will bring it up, so when it is fixed I really need to say thank you! The highchairs are not a nightmare anymore, and I love that you can attach them to the table so the toddlers can socialize and eat with the family. There are times that more than adult decides to feed the toddler but it is not lagging to the point of frustration or starvation.
Just wanted to say thanks :)

Comments

• Sagittarius_Dreamer4Sagittarius_Dreamer4 Posts: 23 Member
    Wait high chairs are fixed now? WHAT??!!
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    This is a call for celebration! 😜🙏👏
    funny-gifs20.gif

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I think I'll give them a try soon then. Thank you for posting about it.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Are they though?

9ZOgqGO.png

mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Just in time for my newest toddler! Great news!
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Are they though?

9ZOgqGO.png

Maybe it did, somewhat in-deliberately. May not be the case for everyone's machine. Luck I guess.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Are they though?

9ZOgqGO.png

Lol right? Someone else should open up the game and test em out. Would be wonderful if true
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Seconding the thanks, I've been feeding toddlers in the highchairs since the last pats (I've avoided them before) and they work just fine :D
    There's also no more of the issue of adults randomly putting toddlers into the highchair when it's absolutely unnecessary.

So yep, thank you, bug-fixing team!
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Omg I gotta try it now lol thankyou EA!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • ArbutoArbuto Posts: 1 New Member
    I want to thank you so much EA and Maxis for all latest expansions:
    Thank you for Sulani Island Living and mermaids.
    Thank you a lot for Realm of Magic and for incoming packs that seems to be University and maybe horses.
    For Horses I really hope in somenting like old west and country.

Thank you all from Italy.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Ohh...

I had given up on those and just let my toddlers eat carrots. Might give them a try now :)
    AND a flash bug patch on the 17th! Keep up the good work Maxis! I was loving RoM anyway, but not losing progress to CAS exit crashes is even better!
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Well I am going to thank the OP for finding this out. At the very least, the devs could have said something...you know in the patch notes?? Unless I missed it....sigh
  • JediMuppetJediMuppet Posts: 98 Member
    edited September 2019
    I've actually noticed that the parent/toddler interactions seem to have all improved lately.
    My Sims will autonomously help teach my toddler whenever they can and it's so cute. I never had that happen until this week.

Will definitely have to try out the highchairs again.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    FYI, the fix was listed in the patch notes. However, toddlers do not finish food from counter or chair. DO is broken because Sims won't finish food when dining out. One step forward, two steps back.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2019
    Cinebar wrote: »
    FYI, the fix was listed in the patch notes. However, toddlers do not finish food from counter or chair. DO is broken because Sims won't finish food when dining out. One step forward, two steps back.

They ARE all fixed in my game. DO is fixed. Haven't taken my sims out to eat but twice since DO was fixed but eating out went fine... finally, both times with two different households. I did not notice if they finished the food at my couples table (They sprinted off to something happening at the Buffs), but my other sims finished their food at the family table - and then proceeded to take the kids to play on the restaurant kiddie and toddler park after their meal. I loved it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

If your toddlers aren't eating full meals, but only until their hunger motive is green (rather than full), manually prompt them to continue, and also level up their thinking skill. Without it, they run on instinct and stop eating when they stop feeling hungry. All those developmental skills matter. It's not broken. They are just unused to caring for themselves. Teach them how.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    If your toddlers aren't eating full meals, but only until their hunger motive is green (rather than full), manually prompt them to continue, and also level up their thinking skill. Without it, they run on instinct and stop eating when they stop feeling hungry. All those developmental skills matter. It's not broken. They are just unused to caring for themselves. Teach them how.

This.
    Toddlers will eat their full meal when in a highchair (unless they're in a tantrum mood & throw their plate/bowl).
    Also, they're toddlers. They will go do things that are of more interest to them irl, so to me the not finishing meals and only eating until their hunger need rises to non-emergency levels unless they're in a highchair is perfectly reasonable behavior.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    AND a flash bug patch on the 17th! Keep up the good work Maxis! I was loving RoM anyway, but not losing progress to CAS exit crashes is even better!

I like the wording here, like not crashing in CAS is a bonus improvement, and not how the game is supposed to work.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2019
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »

They ARE all fixed in my game. DO is fixed. Haven't taken my sims out to eat but twice since DO was fixed but eating out went fine... finally, both times with two different households. I did not notice if they finished the food at my couples table (They sprinted off to something happening at the Buffs), but my other sims finished their food at the family table - and then proceeded to take the kids to play on the restaurant kiddie and toddler park after their meal. I loved it.

It's a bug noted over on the bug forum. And toddlers not finishing food is also listed as a bug there and still open since June threads have been merged there and I can't log in for some silly reason to report Me too about Sims not finishing food at restaurants (if you visit the same one twice in a few days) may work the first time but not if you revisit. But that complaint and the toddler complaints are still open.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-won-t-eat-a-full-meal/td-p/7958693