Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Genetics glitch

I wanted to create a few of my Sim's relatives, so I went into CAS and clicked "play with genetics". I decided to create his mother first, so I did that, and everything was fine until I checked to make sure the game remembered that they were related, and the only options available for him were "roommate" and "brother". What? I definitely clicked "parent" in the genetics menu and not "sibling". I even tried creating a new Sim from scratch and setting the relationship myself, but the same thing happened. Has anyone else seen this?

(By the way, this is the same save file with the relationship glitch. Why, game? Why? :/)
#ConsistencyForAliensTS4

Comments

• TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    edited July 2019
    I'm searching answers.ea bug reports for this-- is this what you're experiencing?

eta: looks like this person had something similar, and used MCCC to fix it up afterwards? I'm skim-reading, so may be missing fine points.

If neither of those help, I only made it through a few pages of the bug-report search results. If you like, you can fine-tune your own search there--I have to go! :smile:
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    The second problem looks more like it, but I don't really understand how MCCC works (I'm not a huge fan of mods anyway). If there is no other solution (apart from the one about deleting the Sim and then adding them again - this Sim happens to be one of my favourites), I guess I'll download it. If I do that and then uninstall it, will it mess anything up?
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
    I resisted mods for several years, but finally started using MCCC after the patch that eliminated some of the original cheats, 'cuz I needed to restore some broken relationship bits, if possible. So I hear you!

I've never had MCCC break anything. I pull the Mod folder out of the TS4 folder (move it up one level to the EA folder) before I get the latest patch, & of course I wait until the mod's updated or verified as compatible (I get that info 1st from SimsVIP & then from the MCCC website). Once I've verified or updated, I move the (updated) mods back into the TS4-level folder.

It's less work than updating NRAAS, as there are fewer modules.

Hope this info is helpful!
    edited July 2019
    It is, thanks! :)

Unfortunately, it looks like it's not just that Sim or that save file. I just tried to edit one of my other households and apparently, the mum wasn't related to any of her kids either. (Somehow, she's still related to her granddaughter, though. 😕) I created this household weeks ago, and this is the first time I've noticed a problem.

In my case, the glitch only seems to affect female Sims who were created from the genetics of relatives who were created in a different household. I hope EA fixes this in the next patch.
    Post edited by AyKooChao on
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
    I'm sorry! I'd try to help you troubleshoot your game if I knew enough. All I can do is sympathize (& bump your thread, hah!) & suggest that you could, if you like, add a post to the bug-report that's most similar to your own, or post a bug-report of your own over at answers.ea, or ask for help on the technical issues forum over there. I don't know which is most appropriate.

Wishing you luck, & the notice of someone who is experienced with troubleshooting!
    That's okay, MCCC seems to be helping. Thanks for recommending it to me! :)
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4