Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Stan Got In The House...?!

Okay, I never post here and I couldn't find a post through google search with this exact issue... so here goes:

I was having issues with a stan constantly hanging out in my yard. To fix this, I just got done adding a fence around the whole property with a little alcove for a gate, mailbox, and trash can (maybe about 2 hours ago).

Next thing I know, I'm telling my boyfriend good bye, doing some things upstairs, and suddenly look down (open floor plan) and see the stan at my stove in my kitchen! I've never had the stan come into the house before and I didn't think they could even come into the house!

I thought for sure the gate would stop people from being able to enter. I looked at the lock options, and I'm concerned that if I use "lock for everyone but household" my sim's boyfriend won't be able to get in with the residency key.

Can sims with keys get in through locked doors? And are stans supposed to even be able to enter the home uninvited? I didn't think they were supposed to be able to do that.

Feedback/Help is greatly appreciated! Thanks. :)

Comments

• SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    A stan?
  • EnderGamer87EnderGamer87 Posts: 248 Member
    A stan?

☝️☝️ yeah what is a Stan?
  • l3rokken4ngell3rokken4ngel Posts: 97 Member
    A stan is basically your stalker fan that you can get in the Get Famous xpack by becoming a celebrity. It's a quirk you can get where you get a stan that basically rummages through your garbage and such. It also advises not to invite them inside because they will steal you stuff. Thing is, I never invited her inside and I always run her off. That's the weird part.
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Oh. I don't play with celebrities, so I've never experienced that. D:
  • EnderGamer87EnderGamer87 Posts: 248 Member
    I have heard of all the Paparazzi having the swiping items trait and stealing stuff. I would assume if he has a key he should be able to get in, but this is EA and you never know.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yeah the stans will get in. I tried locking the front door but my sim’s stan still managed to get inside. He liked to steal things too - apparently cat bowls were his favourite. The cat’s bowl went missing so I replaced it. A few minutes later, the new bowl was gone. At that point I put two and two together and realised it was the stan. I got rid of that quirk with the quirk-b-gone potion from the rewards store because it was so annoying to not be able to lock the guy out. It would have been amusing were he not able to force entry...
    The paparazzi haven't been bad at all. They stay outside and mind their manners. My sim doesn't mind them at all. The stan was a minor annoyance, but I figured I'd put a fence up so they weren't deep into my yard (that and I wanted to add a pool and stuff outside). Seems to have had the opposite affect on the stan as she is now IN the house! D:

I really didn't think they could come in uninvited, and I can't find any kind of confirmation anywhere about it.
    Yeah the stans will get in. I tried locking the front door but my sim’s stan still managed to get inside. He liked to steal things too - apparently cat bowls were his favourite. The cat’s bowl went missing so I replaced it. A few minutes later, the new bowl was gone. At that point I put two and two together and realised it was the stan. I got rid of that quirk with the quirk-b-gone potion from the rewards store because it was so annoying to not be able to lock the guy out. It would have been amusing were he not able to force entry...

See I don't really mind my other quirks. I guess I could do the quirk be gone and force my sim to do things to get the less evasive perks back. I managed to get Vain Street, Paparazzi Darling, "Fan Mail", and A Stan!... the Stan is the only thing cause me issues. :(