Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weird Sims confessions

What odd habits do you have when playing? I don't mind playing slob sims but I still force them to wash their hands every single time they use the bathroom. I thought one of my non-slob sims left the bathroom without washing his hands (when in fact he was going downstairs to wash his hands in the kitchen because logic) and it gave me a literal panic attack, my chest got tight and I felt like I was going to scream (I contained myself, don't worry). I have absolutely no reason to care so much about what these virtual people do with themselves but yeah, cannot handle dirty handed sims. Like, at. ALL.

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited July 2019
    I actually turned off autonomous washing of Sims hands. It seemed annoying to me and it felt like they took too long doing it anyway lol so they haven’t been washing their hands in my game for years now.
  • SmileSluntSmileSlunt Posts: 39 Member
    I can't use the "OBLITERATE" option in apartments with mice/rats because mouse traps are just so inhumane. I had pet rats some years ago and they were the most special little girls I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.

I know it's just a video game and no real rats/mice are being harmed, but... I just can't. Why can't the solution be to board up the hole with the rodents eventually chewing through it? Why a mouse trap? :(
  • Rizzy394Rizzy394 Posts: 21 Member
    Sometimes I play in first person mode. Though I often regret it. ._.
  • Lilsim1013Lilsim1013 Posts: 13 New Member
    I cannot stand letting my sims make their own choices! They are all terrible decision makers. I constantly hit pause and line up a huge amount of tasks in the queue and shuffle through ALL of my sims and do the same. Then I press play and shuffle through the sims watching very closely. I freak out at the ones who disobey.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I play and or start to play wayyy too many evil sims that are criminals or scientists or some combo. They usually have some plan to gain riches or take over the world through genetics (especially if alien) or use other manipulation tactics to get their way.
    I do play other ways (I swear) but it's like my fall back for cackles. Send help!

egTcBMc.png
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I actually turned off autonomous washing of Sims hands. It seemed annoying to me and it felt like they took too long doing it anyway lol so they haven’t been washing their hands in my game for years now.

So glad I'm not alone! There are NO sinks in any of the houses I play. 23 saves with at 3-12 families each, that is a lot of houses. With no sinks. Washing hands is a waste of time (same as letting them brush their teeth), and it hardly does much for hygiene at all. I usually send them to the shower after toilet anyway. So its even more a waste of time. Sim days are short enough.
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I also often cancel out hand washing if it takes too long.

Once my sim had a baby that wouldn't stop crying even for a second no matter what I tried. It was well fed and clean and had a quiet room but probably glitched. I couldn't age it up as it was one of my 100 babies children. So I put the baby outside right down the back of the sims lot until it was time to age up (feeding it at regular intervals).

I felt very evil but the other sims in the house were able to sleep and function and I couldn't hear that awful crying. It seemed the only solution. It grew up to be the one child who just couldnt seem to get an A as a teen, 3 younger siblings aged up first.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited July 2019
    I rarely get a pregnant sim last trimester two without getting bored and deleting the save, only to regret it moments later and find I can't recover it.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited July 2019
    Kathykins wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »

So glad I'm not alone! There are NO sinks in any of the houses I play. 23 saves with at 3-12 families each, that is a lot of houses. With no sinks. Washing hands is a waste of time (same as letting them brush their teeth), and it hardly does much for hygiene at all. I usually send them to the shower after toilet anyway. So its even more a waste of time. Sim days are short enough.

No sinks at all? Now that’s dedication.

They should add toilet paper lol
  • LumikkaLumikka Posts: 25 Member
    > @Lilsim1013 said:
    > I cannot stand letting my sims make their own choices! They are all terrible decision makers. I constantly hit pause and line up a huge amount of tasks in the queue and shuffle through ALL of my sims and do the same. Then I press play and shuffle through the sims watching very closely. I freak out at the ones who disobey.

I do the exact same lol
    It's especially annoying when they are hungry or have to use the toilet und then disobey me when I want to take care of them. It's their fault if they're unhappy then :/
  • StarDreamerStarDreamer Posts: 101 Member
    This is weird, but I make my sims sleep until 6 A.M. and they can't get up any earlier.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    SmileSlunt wrote: »
    I can't use the "OBLITERATE" option in apartments with mice/rats because mouse traps are just so inhumane. I had pet rats some years ago and they were the most special little girls I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.

I know it's just a video game and no real rats/mice are being harmed, but... I just can't. Why can't the solution be to board up the hole with the rodents eventually chewing through it? Why a mouse trap? :(

Why a mouse trap, and no dog house?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    When I used to played Caleb Vatore, who is a foodie and loves to drink tap water despite that its plain quality makes him feel uncomfortable, I never had a single sink in the house.

I got so aggravated by his constant want for tap water that a some point I fenced him in and placed sinks all around the enclosure that he could see, but not reach. Boohoo.

Also drowned him a few times - happy with your friggin' water now, Caleb?? Hah, I'm getting tense now just thinking about the frustration he caused me.

I've also had my frustrations about Don Lothario. He was famished this one time and at the Sand Simoleon Beach in Sulani. The bonfire was lit and he kept abandoning his plate of food in order to do fire dance and hang out.

Something snapped. I caged him up there on the beach with the bonfire lit and food all around him. Until almost all of his needs were in the red. That quivering lip in adult Sims because mama didn't teach them the basics... *seethe*

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    This is weird, but I make my sims sleep until 6 A.M. and they can't get up any earlier.
    Why is that weird? I do that too. Can't have these simmies getting up at unearthly hours.

My weird sims confessions have slightly improved lately :D until recently I was unable to play a Lot with ceiling lights on. At all. Now I will consent to using the littlest round disc light, made the smallest possible size with the size cheat thing [

Also, I used to never ever rotate my screen, i would always play from front house view like a dollhouse. Now, i occasionally give it a little turn. I feel very daring rofl.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited July 2019
    I don’t know if this counts as a habit but it’s definitely weird.

I’m doing a 100 baby challenge with Vlad and uh... Instead of caring for the toddlers I lock them in his dungeon (which used to be the crypt) with a few popcorn machines and let them fend for themselves. They spend their toddlerhoods stuck in the following cycle:

Hunger enters dark red starvation zone - autonomously grabs a bowl of popcorn.
    Eats a few bites of popcorn - hunger recedes to merely light red.
    Energy dips into dark red - stops eating and passes out.
    Energy enters light red - wakes up with hunger in dark red.

And so on...

I should feel bad, but for some reason the sound of a sim toddler having a starvation- or exhaustion-induced tantrum fills me with irrational rage rather than pity.
    Post edited by MaggieMarley on
  • theaethanrealmtheaethanrealm Posts: 62 Member
    I guess this isn't super weird but it's definitely... not normal. In my opnion, my sims only having one or two or even three kids is so boring. I love watching my sims grow up and seeing what they'll be like as adults, and I also love adorable sibling relationships. That is why all of my families usually have four or five kids. I just like the challenge!
    origin id - theaethanrealm
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Why is that weird? I do that too. Can't have these simmies getting up at unearthly hours.

My weird sims confessions have slightly improved lately :D until recently I was unable to play a Lot with ceiling lights on. At all. Now I will consent to using the littlest round disc light, made the smallest possible size with the size cheat thing [

Also, I used to never ever rotate my screen, i would always play from front house view like a dollhouse. Now, i occasionally give it a little turn. I feel very daring rofl.

I do the same thing with playing from front view. If I have to build something that I can't quite reach I will tilt the camera before I ever turn it. :D
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • LollyGraceLollyGrace Posts: 20 Member
    I find making male Sims is really boring so I only really make female Sims and then send them out on dates with random male townies. 😂 only if they’re successful with my Sim do I take the time to cas.full edit mode them into someone who doesn’t look like they got dressed in the dark.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited July 2019
    Sometimes, my Style Influencer sets wacky or inappropriate Trends, just to get even at annoying neighbors. Here are 2 out of 3 of the Calientes sporting the season's hottest fashion trend - the Hot Dog Costume. One is sensibly immune to the irrationalities of fashion.

wOKEww0.png

And Alexander Goth wearing this cowboy hat/crop top/daisy dukes/cowboy boots fashion faux-pas I inflicted on my world another time. My heir later married him anyway.

y2VbOUe.png

• So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    I spend more time with the game paused than with it running at any of its three speeds.
  • SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    I don't let my Sim pets die, ever. It's too sad.
    I rarely let my Sims die. I didn't put all that work into them just allow them to die. Silly, I know.
    I am not a control freak but I can't stand half of the Sims autonomous actions so I keep autonomy off. They don't so much as touch a plate of food without my direction.
    I usually don't play my pregnant Sims. As soon as they get pregnant I switch households and go back to that one after the baby is born.
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Call me a generic Asian parent, but I just have to make my kids play piano or violin, even if my ears bleed from the screeching. All my played households with children I raised from birth have at least a 5 or 6 in one of those by the time they age up into a teenager. It's usually the first YA skill they end up having. I just find it really cute to see them play, and if I'm playing a household in my rotation for long, you bet that kid's a virtuoso. :pensive:
  • MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    Had Johnny Zest seduce Nancy Landgraab to see if that was possible (I joined TS4 late and didn't know the mechanics yet). Nancy happily went full Lannister with him. Kinda think they shouldn't have proclaimed them relatives unless there was a way to prevent this.
  • ElaineenicoleeElaineenicolee Posts: 95 Member
    I don’t know if this counts as a habit but it’s definitely weird.

I’m doing a 100 baby challenge with Vlad and uh... Instead of caring for the toddlers I lock them in his dungeon with a few popcorn machines and let them fend for themselves. They spend their toddlerhoods stuck in the following cycle:

Hunger enters dark red starvation zone - autonomously grabs a bowl of popcorn.
    Eats a few bites of popcorn - hunger recedes to merely light red.
    Energy dips into dark red - stops eating and passes out.
    Energy enters light red - wakes up with hunger in dark red.

And so on...

I should feel bad, but for some reason the sound of a sim toddler having a starvation- or exhaustion-induced tantrum fills me with irrational rage rather than pity.

I’m 100% down with this technique. Feeding toddlers can be a nightmare.

I ended up deleting the high chairs from my game save. Then I keep the fridge stocked so I can just pull food out as soon as they start to get hungry.
    Even better, if I have a sim who masters the cooking aspiration, I just leave meals on the counter for them to grab autonomously.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    This thread is a hoot. Love getting the goods on folks reading the responses.
    egTcBMc.png