Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Abuse of Report / use it as censorship

leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,063 Member
Really you should do something with users than use report function as a way to censor or silence other users
At a thread than we are discuss polite, yet 2 users said than use report, and by the quoted messages, report was used because the OP no think like they

Comments

• Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    I'm sure they do punish those people who repeatedly abuse the report system.

If you did nothing wrong, you shouldn't feel worried about people who use the report function incorrectly and repeated abuse will likely get the person or persons punished for doing so.

They do however have to give some allowance for people who got the wrong impression or misread something due to language barrier or just plain old human error in reading.
  • Options
    EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited July 2019
    Hi @leo3487,

There's something I want to clarify: every report is reviewed. Which means that it doesn't matter how many reports a post may get - the moderators and myself decide what requires moderation and what doesn't in every situation, and we don't decide so blindly.

Abusing the reporting system is indeed something we don't tolerate - but that's something for us to worry about ;)

That clarified, I'm going to close this thread as we won't be discussing moderation here. If there's something you would want to report, please, do so using the reporting system. If you have questions about your own moderation history, feel free to reach out to a moderator or myself.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top