Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Updated CAS and household funds

MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
edited July 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Not sure I saw anyone mention this.
After adding the new Story Mode in CAS I encountered the following issues:
1) When adding a Sim with a story into an existing household it overrides the existing household funds, which does make sense in a way, because that's what the quiz is for.
2) When adding a new Sim into an existing household with good old CAS (genetic option) without the quiz involved for any of them - the funds reset as well - which is definitely NOT ok.
3) When deleting a Sim from a household (added by merging households) the funds reset - which makes no sense at all.

(Sorry, posted in a wrong place. Please, move it to the Help Center section.)
Post edited by Morkovka on

Comments

• MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    Does anyone else have or is bothered by this?
    Do you think it's an oversight?
    Not sure if I should post it in AQH.

I add a grandma into a rich family and suddenly it becomes poor - shouldn't be like that, right? Grandma shouldn't eat all the money.
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    Morkovka wrote: »
    Does anyone else have or is bothered by this?
    Do you think it's an oversight?
    Not sure if I should post it in AQH.

I add a grandma into a rich family and suddenly it becomes poor - shouldn't be like that, right? Grandma shouldn't eat all the money.

I haven't experimented with this yet, but I don't think Grandma should eat all the money, either. It does appear wrong to me if I am understanding correctly.

This is off topic here, but I read the other day (and didn't respond there, lol): I love the color palettes you use for your sims! They look really good :)
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    This is not how I planned to make my first post on the forums, but I had this happen when adding pets (It's easier than the adoption action) to a family last night. I used the money cheat to fix it, but it was very disturbing to see the house's funds drop from 770K to 34K after adding a dog and a cat... I know purebreds are expensive, but...
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    edited July 2019
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    This is not how I planned to make my first post on the forums, but I had this happen when adding pets (It's easier than the adoption action) to a family last night. I used the money cheat to fix it, but it was very disturbing to see the house's funds drop from 770K to 34K after adding a dog and a cat... I know purebreds are expensive, but...

Bolding by me, made me actually laugh out loud :'D

This seems like a bug, not an intentional thing and should totally be reported on AHQ https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs !
    origin ID: adduapina
  • Blue_Rose596Blue_Rose596 Posts: 1 New Member
    When I start story mode in CAS, I don't get the silhouette of a person, I just get a random sim as if you just clicked create mode. Also the only question I get is what age they are. Is there a way I can fix this without erasing my current households and plots?
    @Blue_Rose596 I had issues also on one of my saves, I repaired the game on Origin and after that it's been working. Hope this helps.
  • Simqueen4Simqueen4 Posts: 2 New Member
    i also don't see the story builder in CAS - just the plain old create a sim.... I also don't see an answer here. Help?
  • Simqueen4Simqueen4 Posts: 2 New Member
    Just found it - I thought it was automatic - it's a button under the menu where you can add a Sim - just in case anyone else missed it.
    > @adduapina said:
    > DaWaterRat wrote: »
    >
    > This is not how I planned to make my first post on the forums, but I had this happen when adding pets (It's easier than the adoption action) to a family last night. I used the money cheat to fix it, but it was very disturbing to see the house's funds drop from 770K to 34K after adding a dog and a cat... I know purebreds are expensive, but...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Bolding by me, made me actually laugh out loud :'D
    >
    > This seems like a bug, not an intentional thing and should totally be reported on AHQ

Right... pull mods, test in clean game, take screen shots. Sigh. I've had a few other programs where I have to both talk on a techie level and like I'm talking to newbies in order to get through to tech support. It's left a mark.
    edited July 2019
    @DaWaterRat @Morkovka

I just tested on my game this issue for I have no mods or CC and it's still there.
    I found a subject already on AHQ, so go click Me Too if you're experiencing this issue.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Adding-new-sims-to-existing-households-resets/m-p/8030549/highlight/false#M97696
    @adduapina - thanks. I could have sworn I looked the other day, but I obviously missed it.
  • MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    @adduapina Thank you! Added "me too" and a comment. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.