March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    edited July 2019
    Hi my real name is Donna, I'm from NY State of the wonderful USA (just kidding not patriotic) anyways I enjoy going to raves into the whole underground scene, have a beautiful 9 year old brat, I mean son. I'm gonna be 30 but I'm a huge kid at heart. I've been playing sims since the the first one came out. I currently have all the new Sims 4 besides 3 games. I never used any Mods or CC but honestly dying to do so since I really want two particular mods and I'm so scared of ruining my computer or life lmao jk but really no worried I'll download a virus with my luck corrupting my whole game. I'm not sure if I quote someone..sorry I'm relatively new to forums. Facebook and snap is more my expertise, just kidding, but no really I can easily navigate those, I'm still pretty puzzled to how forums are done. Sorry so long I talk extensively 😂

Hello @DeadInsid3_plur2EDM :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since the release of the original Sims 1 and own all the Sims 4 packs. You would have enjoyed playing a number of sims households over the time and seeing how their lives developed in your game. Simming is enjoyable and fun! Perhaps your son will become a simmer one day like you!
    Quoting someone means that you use the quote button which is the 6th button from the left in the bar of buttons above the forums post. It copies all the message of the other simmer into your own post.
    You will soon get used to how the forums work :)
    Happy simming! :)
  • ErisVaneErisVane Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi there :D I'm Eris (on the internet, at least) and I'm a university lecturer from sunny South Africa. I've been playing Sims since the good old days (literally since Sims was released back in like 2000) but I've just braved the switch from Sims 3 to Sims 4 (and my gosh, have things changed, right?). I have literally never posted to a forum, so I sincerely hope I'm doing this right and that I'm not about to post a random, out-of-context comment on someone else's post. LOL. So anyway - when I registered, it was suggested that I come and introduce myself. And now I have. So 'Hi' :)
    ErisVane wrote: »
    Hi there :D I'm Eris (on the internet, at least) and I'm a university lecturer from sunny South Africa. I've been playing Sims since the good old days (literally since Sims was released back in like 2000) but I've just braved the switch from Sims 3 to Sims 4 (and my gosh, have things changed, right?). I have literally never posted to a forum, so I sincerely hope I'm doing this right and that I'm not about to post a random, out-of-context comment on someone else's post. LOL. So anyway - when I registered, it was suggested that I come and introduce myself. And now I have. So 'Hi' :)

Hello @ErisVane :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming since the release of the original Sims 1.You would have lots of special memories of fun times spent simming over the years <3 It is nice that you are now playing Sims 4 as well as Sims 3. Each version is very enjoyable!
    I hope you will enjoy reading and posting on the forum threads.
  • AmeliaPlays1221AmeliaPlays1221 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm Amelia and started playing this year!
  • AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    Hello Amelia. Wellcome!

Hello @AmeliaPlays1221 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you started simming this year! You would be enjoying discovering all the fun features of playing, creating, and building in the Sims game!
  • PrincessAmyPrincessAmy Posts: 225 Member

Welcome to the forums!
  • KellyMarie69KellyMarie69 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi All,
    I'm Kelly Marie, known at the Mod The Sims community as HIM666 (after one of my favourite bands). I have played The Sims since The Sims 1 came out (a long time ago!) I used to be a creator of Sims 1 custom content, then I created a lot of content for The Sims 2, played but didn't create cc for The Sims 3 as we had that awesome colour and pattern wheel, and have just recently started to create again for The Sims 4. I'm a huge fan of Game of Thrones, and my favourite music is VAST. I play and create for The Sims 4 to relax and reduce stress, it's great therapy! I'm currently working on Game of Thrones themed custom content to add to the great collection of Game of Thrones sims content already out there!
    Hi All,
    I'm Kelly Marie, known at the Mod The Sims community as HIM666 (after one of my favourite bands). I have played The Sims since The Sims 1 came out (a long time ago!) I used to be a creator of Sims 1 custom content, then I created a lot of content for The Sims 2, played but didn't create cc for The Sims 3 as we had that awesome colour and pattern wheel, and have just recently started to create again for The Sims 4. I'm a huge fan of Game of Thrones, and my favourite music is VAST. I play and create for The Sims 4 to relax and reduce stress, it's great therapy! I'm currently working on Game of Thrones themed custom content to add to the great collection of Game of Thrones sims content already out there!

Hello @KellyMarie69 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since the original Sims 1. It was and is very kind and thoughtful of you to create cc items and share them with the simming community :) You would have enjoyed spending many happy and enjoyable hours over the time, playing and creating in and for the game!
  • KutterHaulerNKutterHaulerN Posts: 4 New Member
    Hello I'm new here and I just brought The Sims 4 Deluxe Party Edition on sale at PS Store and tomorrow I'll be able to start playing.
    Hello I'm new here and I just brought The Sims 4 Deluxe Party Edition on sale at PS Store and tomorrow I'll be able to start playing.

Hello @KutterHaulerN :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is exciting that you have bought the PS version of Sims 4 and will be starting simming tomorrow.! I hope that you will enjoy discovering all the fun features of simming!
    Carl's Sims 4 site is a very helpful site with many guides to playing the game. There is a " guides" button at the top of the site page, which will take you to a list of a variety of helpful guides to the game.
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com

• KutterHaulerNKutterHaulerN Posts: 4 New Member
    Thank you
  • latenellatenel Posts: 41 Member
    Hey all. I'm Laura and I've been playing the Sims since the first one. I have all of 1 and 2 but got burned out shortly after 3 came out. Came back to it about a year ago when I got a few Sims 4 packs for my birthday last August. I thought I was already a member of the forums, but that was probably for 2 or 3. :smiley: I love to play challenges and usually my 14 year-old daughter joins me.
    latenel wrote: »
    Hey all. I'm Laura and I've been playing the Sims since the first one. I have all of 1 and 2 but got burned out shortly after 3 came out. Came back to it about a year ago when I got a few Sims 4 packs for my birthday last August. I thought I was already a member of the forums, but that was probably for 2 or 3. :smiley: I love to play challenges and usually my 14 year-old daughter joins me.

Hello @latenel :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming since the original Sims 1. You would have enjoyed spending many fun and happy hours over the time, playing, creating and building in the game!
    It was a lovely and special birthday gift for you to receive the Sims 4 packs :) It is very special that your teen daughter is a simmer also <3 You would enjoy chatting together about the game!
  • latenellatenel Posts: 41 Member
    Thanks for the warm welcome @rosemow. I see you and your lovely comments all over the forum, so it's nice to meet you.
    latenel wrote: »
    Thanks for the warm welcome @rosemow. I see you and your lovely comments all over the forum, so it's nice to meet you.

You’re welcome @lateness00 :) Thankyou very much for your lovely words :)
  • RaichisimsRaichisims Posts: 61 Member
    Hi! I'm a creative perfectionist. I only build/decorate houses every once in a while, but when I do you can rest assured that they are highly detailed/cluttered with items. My most detailed build took 2 full days to make and has garnered over 3000 downloads over the years.

I only have the expansion packs and 2 game packs: vampires and jungle adventures.
    The packs that I like the gameplay the most of is vampires(because of the vampire skill tree), get together(because of the clubs) and city living(because of karaoke and appartments). I'm a little disappointed that mermaids have no skill tree, and I haven't really discovered much interesting stuff gameplay-wise in Sulani. As usual the game is stunning, but in the end I want to PLAY it and not be bored in a beautiful world. I also find the gameplay in jungle adventures so-so and hardly ever even book a vacation anymore.
    Raichisims wrote: »
    Hi! I'm a creative perfectionist. I only build/decorate houses every once in a while, but when I do you can rest assured that they are highly detailed/cluttered with items. My most detailed build took 2 full days to make and has garnered over 3000 downloads over the years.

I only have the expansion packs and 2 game packs: vampires and jungle adventures.
    The packs that I like the gameplay the most of is vampires(because of the vampire skill tree), get together(because of the clubs) and city living(because of karaoke and appartments). I'm a little disappointed that mermaids have no skill tree, and I haven't really discovered much interesting stuff gameplay-wise in Sulani. As usual the game is stunning, but in the end I want to PLAY it and not be bored in a beautiful world. I also find the gameplay in jungle adventures so-so and hardly ever even book a vacation anymore.

Hello @Raichisims :)
    I posted to you on the other thread. Congratulations on becoming a full member!
    Get Together and City Living are great packs! It it helpful to have our sims belong to clubs, and it is nice that our sims can enjoy living in apartments and attend festivals. It is enjioyable watching our sims having fun doing karaokeing !
  • 7d3h7d3h Posts: 36 Member
    Hello hello! It's been 15 years since I played Sims 2 and now I got Sims 4 in my hands, oh boy it's fun! I'm only playing with base game and trying to find all the possible ways to create houses, mostly rooms right now. I'm so happy to find Sims again. Nice to meet you all.
    edited July 2019
    7d3h wrote: »
    Hello hello! It's been 15 years since I played Sims 2 and now I got Sims 4 in my hands, oh boy it's fun! I'm only playing with base game and trying to find all the possible ways to create houses, mostly rooms right now. I'm so happy to find Sims again. Nice to meet you all.

Hello @7d3h :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that after having a break from simming you are back playing again, and are enjoying the game. Builds and furnishing is very enjoyable! It is a great way of expressing our creativity through the game!
  • KeidraKeidra Posts: 460 Member
    Hey howdy hi fellow Simmers!
    My name's Kendra, but of course, that name was taken, so I replaced one letter with another. I've been playing The Sims since... gosh, whenever the first one came out. (2000, seriously?? Wow.) Suffice to say, I've been around for a hot minute, and despite owning The Sims 4 since it was released as well, I've waited a long time to join the forums.

Most of the time when I was younger, it was playing The Sims for a few days and then forgetting it exists for six months, but now I've been playing a handful of families on rotation for well over a month, I think. I started many legacies. (Did you know The Sims 4 hates anyone that makes a Legacy, gosh, I've never had a game straight-up rebel against my plans as hard as TS4 does sometimes. One of my founders laughed in my face and turned out lesbian. xD Still love her tho.) I read the forums here a lot to find help and because there are interesting discussions, so I thought I might contribute sometimes. =)
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.
    I am autistic. Wording isn't my strong suit.

Stop player on player violence.
    Keidra wrote: »
    Hey howdy hi fellow Simmers!
    My name's Kendra, but of course, that name was taken, so I replaced one letter with another. I've been playing The Sims since... gosh, whenever the first one came out. (2000, seriously?? Wow.) Suffice to say, I've been around for a hot minute, and despite owning The Sims 4 since it was released as well, I've waited a long time to join the forums.

Most of the time when I was younger, it was playing The Sims for a few days and then forgetting it exists for six months, but now I've been playing a handful of families on rotation for well over a month, I think. I started many legacies. (Did you know The Sims 4 hates anyone that makes a Legacy, gosh, I've never had a game straight-up rebel against my plans as hard as TS4 does sometimes. One of my founders laughed in my face and turned out lesbian. xD Still love her tho.) I read the forums here a lot to find help and because there are interesting discussions, so I thought I might contribute sometimes. =)

Hello @Keidra :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since the original Sims 1, You would have enjoyed spending many fun and enjoyable hours over the time playing, creating and building in the game.
    I hope that you will enjoy reading and posting on the threads.
    When you are a full member and can edit posts, I would suggest that you edit out the comment you wrote about the legacy as it could hurt some simmers.
    Happy simming!
  • PrincessAmyPrincessAmy Posts: 225 Member
    edited July 2019
    Hello everyone! I thought I would come here for a bit and also welcome some new members too! I hope that's okay @rosemow if I join in!

@Keidra
    Welcome to the forum!
    I hope you are enjoying the forums so far, I love The Sims 1, I have many of the discs and I plan to install them to my PC when I fully move. Playing The Sims 1 always shocks me because of how far we have come graphically.. I remember thinking that The Sims 2 graphics were very realistic.

I am glad you are enjoying the legacy challenge! I have started the lite one yesterday (all rules apply but there is no point system!). There is actually a thread where you can share what happened in your game and post any stories that you want others to see!

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/888255/what-happened-in-your-game-today#latest

To post pictures you can use the [*img]*link*[*/img] tag (remove the starts inside of the []!)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top