Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

IF ea was still making new content for the sims 2 would you still buy it

sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
edited July 2019 in The Sims 2
EA was still making new content for the sims 2 would you still buy it for for your game..
Post edited by sweetface44 on

Comments

• lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes! I don't have a windows partition set up on my new laptop atm. But if they started putting out new content with support for Sims 2, I would set it up and re-install UC in a heartbeat. I've been saying for years that I don't think EA realizes what they could make if they updated and started selling their older games. Much of their fanbase is over 30's who loved those games and have the money to spend.

Side note: If you changed the title to include your question, you'd get more responses. Sims 2 is like the holy grail around here. lol.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Probably not due to the number of hacks that would break whose creators have moved on from the community and may no longer have the time to update them.
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    Yes, that could be awesome, but it depends on what they would make and if it'd match the quality of TS2.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    Probably not due to the number of hacks that would break whose creators have moved on from the community and may no longer have the time to update them.

One of the things that was great about Sims 2 though was that hacks and mods were never necessary. It was all fluff. Did I have some fluff I liked? Certainly. But I actually played it CC free until well after Sims 3 came out.
    And if EA updated the game and started selling new content, I think modders would do what they've always done with new content, it wouldn't stop.
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Yes, provided they stabilized the game a little bit as well. I still play TS2 and strangely enough, The Sims Medieval. lol
    However, in regard to TS2 I do run into frequent crashing when using apartments, so I would want them to stabilize the game a little more before they added content to it. I love the ridiculous humor and unforgiving consequences of the TS2, though. I'm constantly hounding the devs to put more of TS2 in TS4. lol
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »

One of the things that was great about Sims 2 though was that hacks and mods were never necessary. It was all fluff. Did I have some fluff I liked? Certainly. But I actually played it CC free until well after Sims 3 came out.
    And if EA updated the game and started selling new content, I think modders would do what they've always done with new content, it wouldn't stop.

No, not necessary for play.

But for me, they are necessary for how I like to play the game.

Which is why it's a probably because people might step up and update those old mods or create new mods to replace those mods from creators that don't return to the community.
  • VittaVitta Posts: 26 Member
    Honestly, TS2 just needs NPC aging, lifespan and story progression to be a fully-complete RP game on par with TS4.

Shame it won't ever be done for business and marketing reasons, though.
  • SimsxZelda_fanSimsxZelda_fan Posts: 179 Member
    If the expansions were as poor and overpriced as Sims 4 expansions/game packs then no.

But I would love to see new building types for the downtown area, new holiday interactions, new season interactions & items, and of course new family/Parent&child interactions.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    No, it was on my daughter’s system and we shared it till the computer couldn’t handle making magic, and it started crashing.
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    No, it was on my daughter’s system and we shared it till the computer couldn’t handle making magic, and it started crashing.

Making Magic wasn't Sims 2, it was Sims 1.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

You could make a discussion about it there: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-general-discussion
    I don't know how to help you on that. The only thing I can suggest is checking what programs work on background.
    Makin' Magic is an expansion pack for The Sims 1. The Sims 2 has witches in Apartment Life expansion pack.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    I can't play TS2 any more, I don't find a way to run it in 16:9.

You just have to change the graphics rules (something EA could easily do if they wanted to). The instructions are here:https://simsvip.com/2014/07/20/the-sims-2-ultimate-collection-increase-resolution-guide/

If you google, there's also a couple people who have done it and shared the file so you can just copy over yours with theirs, but it didn't work for me when I did it that way. I had better luck doing it manually.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Yes! TS2 is my favorite version. But I'd only be buying if new content was done in TS2 fashion and not however they do packs now, which often feel overpriced and limiting to me as a player.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member

You just have to change the graphics rules (something EA could easily do if they wanted to). The instructions are here:https://simsvip.com/2014/07/20/the-sims-2-ultimate-collection-increase-resolution-guide/

If you google, there's also a couple people who have done it and shared the file so you can just copy over yours with theirs, but it didn't work for me when I did it that way. I had better luck doing it manually.

Thank you! I have already tried this some years ago without success, but I should try again!!
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Yes! I love Sims 2 but I have played so many years - seems I have done it all - new stuff would be great. EA does not suppot it anymore though so can only count on CC and mods now.
  • mwonkiwonmwonkiwon Posts: 10 New Member
    i would purchase too if they would release new contents :D but i need help everyone where can i find ea official cool stuff's for sims 2?
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    No. I don't think I'd even be able to install my disks anymore, they're so old.
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    No, Unless it's stuff to make the game run better on modern PCs or maybe more aspirations, I think the Sims 2 has more than enough content both official and through mods. There's still stuff I haven't fully explored yet and I've had the game since release.
    The amount of mods I had to download to get it to work with my graphics card and to stop NPCs from breaking was pretty ridiculous. I remember even when the Sims 2 was new I had to download a hack to stop vampires from biting NPCs that would break your game when turned into a vampire.

• JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    I wouldn't, but I know a lot of people that totally would!
    edited July 2019
    No, Unless it's stuff to make the game run better on modern PCs or maybe more aspirations, I think the Sims 2 has more than enough content both official and through mods. There's still stuff I haven't fully explored yet and I've had the game since release.
    The amount of mods I had to download to get it to work with my graphics card and to stop NPCs from breaking was pretty ridiculous. I remember even when the Sims 2 was new I had to download a hack to stop vampires from biting NPCs that would break your game when turned into a vampire.

I had mods related to things I hated, like idle movements, NPC's biting people, no jealousy so I could complete the 20 lovers LTW, a few others. But none were ever such a problem without mods that I couldn't play. I guess I was lucky for 10 years. I didn't start adding mods until after EA dropped all support for Sims 2, and thus, all updates. And the graphics card issue was solved by changing text in the graphics file, one of the easiest fixes, and also just related to computers being too new.

In any hypothetical situation where EA started actually selling Sims 2 again, and selling new content, they would HAVE to do updates. At the very least it would have to be fixed to run with newer graphics cards and machines that didn't run 32 bit (I have no clue how they'd even address that.) I'm sure that was part of the impetus behind Ultimate Collection being free.
  • LemonCreationsLemonCreations Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Felicity1169 said:
    > No, Unless it's stuff to make the game run better on modern PCs or maybe more aspirations, I think the Sims 2 has more than enough content both official and through mods. There's still stuff I haven't fully explored yet and I've had the game since release.
    > lisamwitt wrote: »
    >
    > Seera1024 wrote: »
    >
    > Probably not due to the number of hacks that would break whose creators have moved on from the community and may no longer have the time to update them.
    >
    >
    >
    > One of the things that was great about Sims 2 though was that hacks and mods were never necessary. It was all fluff. Did I have some fluff I liked? Certainly. But I actually played it CC free until well after Sims 3 came out.
    > And if EA updated the game and started selling new content, I think modders would do what they've always done with new content, it wouldn't stop.
    >
    >
    >
    > The amount of mods I had to download to get it to work with my graphics card and to stop NPCs from breaking was pretty ridiculous. I remember even when the Sims 2 was new I had to download a hack to stop vampires from biting NPCs that would break your game when turned into a vampire.

I have to agree. It's pretty outdated. If they updated the game in itself it would be a blast. there's plenty of content we just need better graphics.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited July 2019
    Of course :) but not on Origin on disk.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • AleksandraAleksiaAleksandraAleksia Posts: 20 Member
    Absolutely not, because look at Sims 4. If they had kept making content for Sims 2, we'd get a terrible let down of a game eventually. The Sims 2 is perfect, or at least nearly perfect, as it is right now. Plus, we'd be forced to play with discs still, most likely, and since most desktops and laptops are being made without optical drives today, it'd be impossible to play the future discs for many of us.
  • WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    YES! It is my favorite Sims game and I always enjoy expansion packs.