Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A mod to reduce townies?

GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
edited July 2019 in General Mods Discussion
I'm looking for a mod that reduces the number of game-generated townies and lets me meet more of my own people instead. My save contains roughly 150 played sims in 40+ households, more than enough to fill any public lot I travel to, but I rarely see them there. Sure, it's more realistic not to run into familiar faces everywhere you go, and I don't want to disable townies completely (still need the occasional randoms for food stalls, services, etc.), but I don't like it when my sims become friends with those hideously dressed individuals and subsequently forget their relationships with actual friends and family due to relationship culling.

I hear MCCC has an option like that, but I'm only very slowly getting into that (and very unwillingly, because it keeps doing things to my game I don't want), so any help would be appreciated. This mod is unfortunately broken.

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited July 2019
    NPC Control does that: http://modthesims.info/d/604590/npc-control-v-1-2-2-5-jul-2019.html it has not yet been updated for Island Living so you will get generated Sulani sims.
  • SomebodySomeplaceSomebodySomeplace Posts: 62 Member
    edited July 2019
    I hear MCCC has an option like that, but I'm only very slowly getting into that (and very unwillingly, because it keeps doing things to my game I don't want), so any help would be appreciated.

You really have to take the time to set MCCC up to your liking if you don't want it to affect your save in certain ways. All you have to do is click your sim's in-game computer and select the MCCC option, and go through every category and sub-category. If something doesn't make sense, try the "documentation" tab on the MCCC website. It sound like a lot, but some of the options you'll probably skip, like body part sizes, and if you follow the update instructions on the website, you won't have to reset your options ever again (unless you remove the mod completely). I think it's really worth it to take the time to go through it if you have the mod in your game and really like things a certain way (like me lol).

The "number of homeless sims" option is what you are looking for, if you decide to go through the mod options

• SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I tried a lot, the only one that stops the townies is NPCC.