Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Multiplayer SIMS 5 : yes or no?

Comments

• MoaMoa Posts: 33 Member
    No! I couldn't even play if it was the case.
    Noooononono, def not
  • AjaGioAjaGio Posts: 262 Member
    I don't think I would like that, I don't want fees to play or things like that. I have enough to pay for.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    No! It would spell doom for the franchise.
    Cupid wrote: »
    I don't know how to put this without sounding arrogant or offensive, but honestly I don't mean it that way-
    I just wouldn't be interested in playing multiplayer with the sims community. I'm too old. I wouldn't be able to handle all the kiddies and their youthful shenanigans.

lol. :D
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,426 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    I don't know how to put this without sounding arrogant or offensive, but honestly I don't mean it that way-
    I just wouldn't be interested in playing multiplayer with the sims community. I'm too old. I wouldn't be able to handle all the kiddies and their youthful shenanigans.

lol. :D
    Especially watch for griefers too.
    9d1z2m12k175.png
  • XxSupremesassouxXXxSupremesassouxX Posts: 38 Member
    Maybe. I'm a fan of the franchise, so why not try?
    Everyone has such good reasons why and why not i can't decide ah my Libra self is going to explode bro.
  • MarilupeXMarilupeX Posts: 1 New Member
    Yes! I've always been curious anyway.
    I mean yeah I wouldn't want other people invading my space but if it can be a server like how minecraft & gta v you can invite people into your own server then yeah im all in for that. But if its going to be a clutter or random people like a normal server session would be then...no
  • OpperkastOpperkast Posts: 1 New Member
    Maybe. I'm a fan of the franchise, so why not try?
    I honestly think it could be fun. But I think it should still be possible to play alone/offline.

I think if it happened it should be a bit like a Minecraft server (I know it sounds stupid). You create a (Sims) world but you have to invite people to play with them because nobody is waiting for griefers and trolls you don't know. A Minecraft style world would also mean that you van only join if the "host" is online.

How I think it would be fun to play:
    You can control multiple people in one household or you can control 2 or more housholds at the same time with your friends.

I would play it with Friends if it was like this but I don't know if these requirements are even possible. Welp, I can always dream.
  • lilleefslilleefs Posts: 52 Member
    No, no, no; the minute they entertain this idea again is the minute the entire franchise dies a horrible horrible death. Just to reiterate: please no.
  • AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    I think it would be too far a departure. A lot of core features would have to be left behind in order to host a multiplayer experience - I would assume it would be a MMOPRG, almost.
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    edited October 2019
    Sims is not that kind of game. Trying to push it in that direction is why Sims 4 got off to a bad start with many long time players. And people complain about how they HAVE to be connected to Origin to even play. Imagine having no option to be offline at all because you are sharing your game? And what would have to be sacrificed for the games to be hosted on their servers?

They need to keep it the kind of game it has always been, and go back more towards their roots. A sandbox, dollhouse.
    If people want a multiplayer game, they can buy a multiplayer game. There are plenty. Why try to turn a game that has never been like that, into that? This franchise hasn't lasted 20 years because it was like other games.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • joshlikesbluejoshlikesblue Posts: 4 New Member
    Yes! I think the game would benefit from it.
    As someone who plays on console (PS4) I would totally love this. I wouldn't want full online servers, that would be messy. But to be able to invite your PS4 friends to your world and hangout would be awesome, and totally doable! I think it'd be great. Also if you could create a joint world with a friend and live together, get married, raise kids, that'd be so dope. The world would be accessible even if only one person is online. If multiple people are online then time controls are disabled, unless every player is sleeping. If one of you enters build mode, then every player that's in your household also enters build mode and you can chat and build together. If a friend is in your world but not in your household, then they can enter build mode separately. Don't hate on the online idea! It would completely supercharge the series. People are imagining massive MMOs, but if they actually implemented it it'd be like Minecraft or Stardew Valley, just close friends you invite. God I really hope this becomes a thing!
  • joshlikesbluejoshlikesblue Posts: 4 New Member
    [quote="MarilupeX;c-17172062"]I mean yeah I wouldn't want other people invading my space but if it can be a server like how minecraft & gta v you can invite people into your own server then yeah im all in for that. But if its going to be a clutter or random people like a normal server session would be then...no[/quote]

Yes that's exactly what I'm thinking! Definitely something like Minecraft, close friends by invite only, no more than 2-4 players. This needs to happen!
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    No way I was already banned from The Sims Online for making an FBI Training Academy 🤷🏽‍♀️
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    I think 2013's SimCity kinda proves that it's a bad idea. Seems awfully hard to implement without making a game that is online always; but absolutely useless once its servers go down.

But in all honestly, if it can be implemented in an optional way much in the same way as vacation worlds are in TS4; while still having a mostly offline game, it might be a neat feature.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited October 2019
    No no no no :#
    Online bullies, nasty people... no thanks..
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • rarrmussrarrmuss Posts: 16 Member
    I would absolutely looove it if it were online in the sense that you could join a friends world & have friends join yours. (not a open world with random online players like MMORPGs)
    Obviously it would be a separate feature but it would be awesome if you could build a town and then host it and let a friend join with their sim and play together. They could pick a separate house in the neighborhood to live in and you could play together, have your sims interact and such.
    It should be similar to "Farm Together", so you could set up a town, and then that becomes a closed world for you to invite a friend online and it would remain separate from your singleplayer game.
    Then you could load up the world when you and your friend are online and want to play, then when one of you needs to leave you both exit the world and it remains paused until you enter it again.
    "MySims" did a similar thing where you could visit the world of a friend from your friend list and check out their houses and layout.
  • sovereignsimmersovereignsimmer Posts: 35 Member
    It would easily become like Imvu, Second Life or V-side. I'm not here to judge but the current results of the poll shows that we all have a common idea about it. Online "life simulations" so often get corrupt and ruin the franchise with cheesy NSFW stuff and such. Don't get me wrong, I'd like sims 5 to take a lil more liberty to be just a tad less family friendly like Sims 2 (with cutscenes, burglars, charlatans and such) but I still like how it is the old way.
    And again, there is already sims social and if it was gonna be something like that, it really is not the gameplay experience majority of the people has been asking for. I'm hoping that EA & Maxis put together all the best parts of the existing games and bring new features with the sims 5.

Sims 5 should bring back:
    burglars, cars, bodyshop, semi-open world, cutscenes, social bunny, aspiration rewards (like ts2 ones & ts3 ones), wants & fears, likes & dislikes, hobbies, interests, memories (ts2 style for sure), fan fav. features like occults (and maybe add new ones like demons, angels)
    ...should include:
    SEASONS (sick of static base game weather), laundry, all terrain tools/pools etc, all appropriate age groups, LAUNDRY, GALLERY (like ts4 gallery), MORE TRAITS AND PERSONALITY TYPES, MORE BEARDS and bodyhair etc...
    ...should introduce (with expansions):
    faith (like sims medieval jacoban/peteran faith), new occults (like demons!), more immersive RPG options and such...
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Didn't they try that already, and it flopped hugely? Sims 4's base game was made from the scraps of that.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • VailsVails Posts: 50 Member
    I don't have a constant internet connection. If I had to have a constant connection to play TS5, I doubt I'd play it. Plus integrated social features in games always felt super forced.
    6h978o3aneec.png
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    BlueOvale wrote: »
    This is mostly speculation, but I learned that The Sims 4 is a resource hog for our computers, so a Sims 5 could probably not have an open world with the machines we have now and keep the same quality, unless they go with the multiplayer concept where a lot of data is processed by servers instead. If that happens, would you roll with it? Would you do your best to stay loyal to the franchise? Would you be hyped about it? Or would you ultimately let go of this game?

"but I learned that The Sims 4 is a resource hog for our computers" What kind of potato :worried: ... are people mashing their potatoes before attempting to run apps? o:) My machine runs real games well, thank you, and I can update its components later. Many people and simmers have decent computers, we're not all like the segment (however large or small) of the Sims 4 base that goes without. Basically everyone eventually gets a new computer, too.

"a Sims 5 could probably not have an open world with the machines we have now and keep the same quality" That's so not true, and many Simmers demand higher quality.

---

The poll answers are not quite right for me so I don't know if I'll vote.

Details: I give a HUGE no to a base game being online. I need mods, control and an offline option, thank you. Something added later that is an optional busy downtown to visit? Maybe, but that depends on its specifics. As for "doom?" Maybe, maybe not. Sims 6?! lol

---

I'm still "loyal" to the franchise playing and sharing The Sims 3 and retain a fondness for Sims 2 (which I'll probably play again but for now I'm consumed by TS3). I'm no less "loyal," not that loyalty really matters in this case.

I won't let go either, I'll start publicly pining for The Sims 6!!! :Do:)B) I'll keep playing TS3 too; mostly happily but I'll keep longing for 64 bits. Those extra important bits won't keep me from buying new Sims games, in fact I'll be so grateful to Maxis, I might give MORE money to EA (for Sims 5). ;) Which ever way things go, I won't let go, however frustrated this or that makes me.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
    BlueOvale wrote: »
    Thank you for your answer!
    Sorry I couldn't find many reasons, we're kinda limited in terms of answers anyway. I just chose the most obvious ones.

I highly doubt that EA would have private servers though. I don't think that's how game servers work. But what do I know lol.

Are "yes" and "no" too short?

The way the poll is structured, it could make "maybe" seem more popular than it is. I also don't see much of a difference between the two "yes" options.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    Movotti wrote: »
    No! I do not want to share my dollys!
    My game, my rules.

Given the way that EPs and GPs and SPs work, how the heck would that work in a multi player setting? If you don't have the same packs as others, does that mean you can't play with them?
    What about CC?

I think it could show the other content, with BUY THIS DLC ads hovering above. If it's not intrusive, I might not mind that idea, but I'm guessing many would.

Again, that would work better if we visit an online city, not as well if it's integrated into our overall towns. I picture micro-transactions with Sims (and us) shopping for Sim things in the online city, maybe even approved custom items could be downloadable, maybe those ones for free. Like the ts3 store (and exchange) in spectacular (or annoying) 3D and whatnot.

Most people would probably hate it but I might consider it.

It'd be annoying to require some vanilla Sims, etc., just to go there though, that might be my deal-breaker. It would at least mean that wouldn't be my main game. I want to mostly play something that's modded to the hilt, then playing vanilla might be annoying if I think the game "needs" a lot of tweaking. I'd be curious to try, but I think if it were required for the base game I'd hate it.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Much as I'm intrigued and much as I'd like to try it, I had to vote "would spell doom for the franchise" because I can just see that happening. I hope not, but I suspect so. But I hope not. If they did it, I'd be first in line to try it, so long as there's an option to NOT play it that way.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Way to make me laugh! Dying to know what "youthful shenanigans" you couldn't handle! :D
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg