Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone else experience the game stuttering? Is this normal? (PS4)

PrincessAmyPrincessAmy Posts: 225 Member
I am posting this here because I am unsure if this is a bug or something very normal!

I have a PS4 and the game is extremely laggy even on brand new save files (this has happened to me on two different PS4s so far), especially in public lots it keeps freezing for a moment and then going back to normal. Just a lot of stuttering but it is becoming a bit unbearable and I am considering moving to PC even though I want to play The Sims 4 on the big TV..

I wanted to find out, is anyone else experiencing this? I am also interested to know if this problem is non existent on PS4 Pro

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I have both a PS4 and a PS4 Pro and it lags on both. I have all packs installed. The Pro just has TS4 installed.

I think it's a game issue. They just need to make the game more stable thru a patch.

Now if you have Island Living and your placing a door or walls your game will crash. Their working on an emergency fix for that and yes it's a bug.
  • SousChefSanjisSousChefSanjis Posts: 10 New Member
    The game runs like absolute garbage on my Pro. Constant attempts to report this to the Gurus on Twitter and the bug forum have just led to them ignoring the issue. It's depressing and I feel as though my money is misspent.
  • PrincessAmyPrincessAmy Posts: 225 Member
    edited July 2019
    Thank you so much everyone.. I think I will be switching to PC. It's super sad because I liked the console controls and I already spent so much money but I can't spend more on a version that isn't working. It really isn't right towards us considering that we pay so much money.. we don't have a working game currently. We honestly deserve some sort of compensation or a very quick fix because right now I will need to be rebuying everything because the product I paid for isn't working. I know the PS5 is coming but if this is the game and not the PS4.. I doubt it will be much better.
    Thank you so much everyone.. I think I will be switching to PC. It's super sad because I liked the console controls and I already spent so much money but I can't spend more on a version that isn't working. It really isn't right towards us considering that we pay so much money.. we don't have a working game currently. We honestly deserve some sort of compensation or a very quick fix because right now I will need to be rebuying everything because the product I paid for isn't working. I know the PS5 is coming but if this is the game and not the PS4.. I doubt it will be much better.

I'd wait. They've fixed the lagging before and will probably fix it again in an update.

I'd wait. They've fixed the lagging before and will probably fix it again in an update.

The lagging has been happening to me ever since I bought the game, it just got worse and worse since then.. reading online this issue was also happening to many before I bought the game.. I don't really have hope.. this is quite sad for me.. for my birthday someone is gifting me Island Living, I don't want to make the wrong choice and end up with a laggy game forever if it isn't fixed as well as put someone's kindness to the bin. As a university student I just don't have money to be re-buying all packs later on and I feel like I would be mean to the person gifting me the gift! :( so I really can't take the chance
  • shanetra09shanetra09 Posts: 31 Member
    It has happened to me since the beginning but i just play through it and sometimes absolutely nothing happens. I play on my PS4 and i would go to pc but i have gotten almost all of the dlc and don't look forward to buying everything over again.
    Exactly. I've got hundreds into this game on PS4. There's no excuse for it to run like it does. I have video examples of the lag on YouTube that would make your skin crawl.
    The game at time lags on PC as well especially one of the 50x50 lots in Sulani. That's been an issue on even high end PCs.
    And it stutters violently on my PS4 Pro in a small apartment lot with one sim.
    edited July 2019
    The game at time lags on PC as well especially one of the 50x50 lots in Sulani. That's been an issue on even high end PCs.

I have been playing the PC version and it's actually much smoother for me everywhere so far and I can enjoy the game finally so I am happy with it so far! :) I haven't encountered any lags on my PC with it so far.. and if I will encounter any lags in the big areas (haven't so far so yay) it will be much better than the game dying in one small apartment with one Sim haha
    We have a hotfix patch coming Tomorrow on consoles to address the crash that happens when you try to place doors and walls in build mode. There are some other fixes too so maybe one of them is the lag issue. I will say this the lag on my PS4 Pro wasn't as bad as it was on the regular PS4.
    edited July 2019
    We have a hotfix patch coming Tomorrow on consoles to address the crash that happens when you try to place doors and walls in build mode. There are some other fixes too so maybe one of them is the lag issue. I will say this the lag on my PS4 Pro wasn't as bad as it was on the regular PS4.

That's good! I hope it will be addressed, I won't switch back really as I have been enjoying The Sims 4 on PC a lot since I have had 0 lag and I also enjoy the nicer graphics.. and easier controls.. and already got the Island Living pack haha but I hope it will be fixed for all the other PS4 members!
    Well, as someone who has spent hundreds on the PS4 version of the game, I'm not letting this issue die. I have been reporting this to them since January, giving them video evidence, and at one point gave them a save file. Have heard NOTHING in the way of it even attempting to be fixed.
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I experienced stuttering the other day on my PS4. I restarted the console and that took care of it. My new save seems to be fine so far after four hours.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • WesnicWesnic Posts: 4 New Member
    My game keep crashing. Like 3 times last night. Appears to be mostly during load screens, but happens when travelling, managing households, Cas loading, and lord help me even during saving, SAVINNNGG. This has been happening for weeks now. Everything is up to date and I wasnt having this issue until island living was purchased. PLEASE HELPP! Or fix it
  • BfeverBfever Posts: 40 Member
    edited August 2019
    Wesnic wrote: »
    My game keep crashing. Like 3 times last night. Appears to be mostly during load screens, but happens when travelling, managing households, Cas loading, and lord help me even during saving, SAVINNNGG. This has been happening for weeks now. Everything is up to date and I wasnt having this issue until island living was purchased. PLEASE HELPP! Or fix it

I've been having this same crashing problem too now for over a month especially with the game crashing when I travel, managing households and exiting the game. Do you play on PS4 Or Xbox? I play on PS4 so each time I get the blue screen I enter "travel crash" as the reason. I also reported it on twitter to SimGuruLegacy and SimGuruJoystick -SimGuruLegacy is the one who suggested I report it on my PS4 using the word "travel crash" so they could find it in the logs. My suggestion to you and anyone else who has this issue is to report it through your console each time it happens and to report it on twitter (if you have one) to SimGuru Legacy, Joystick and SimguruNick so we can't get as many people on them about this so that they hopefully fix this in the next update. It's making the game excruciatingly unplayable.
    Post edited by Bfever on
  • WesnicWesnic Posts: 4 New Member
    I also play on the PS4, I've been reporting this everytime the blue screen shows up, but do not have Twitter to report that way. It's made the game very unplayable