Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sulani gameplay issues

Comments

• Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Wow, that's a new one. I knew the dogs will sometimes disappear into the water but this is the first time I have seen Sims lying underwater and apparently it's okay as long as they remember to come up for air! What a silly glitch.

@Paigeisin5 nah, they don't need air, ;-) they were under water for at least two SIM hours completely not bothered.

Our Sims. smh They are so strange sometimes. :p
  • Options
    @Hearts4u I found you have to spray only one before directing your Sim to do another one. I couldn't have more than one in the action qeue at a time or my Sims would go back and forth between them without actually getting rid of them.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

@Paigeisin5 Tried that before and it still doesn't disappear. The two that I was able to get rid off after repairing the game had to be cleaned twice in a row. I can have several actions in qeue for everthing else except these yellow patches. Sadly nothing works. Oh well.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    Well, darn. How many bugs do we have now? It seems I am seeing new ones being added to the list every day. :/@Hearts4u
  • Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    edited July 2019
    @Hearts4u - is this the issue you're having? If so, they need more input!

edited for visual clarity
  • Options
    @tiarella No, because I can clean up everthing else on the island. I've watched TheSimSupply clean these on his let's play with no issues. So, I'm just going to let it be the bug that it is. Thanks :D
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    My bugs

I built a community lot in Sulani , someone went sailing in the boat i had to put in with it being a beach lot and it's never come back , The same happened when i tried a jetski
    If i arrange for friends to go to Sulani (non sulani residents) with my sims they promptly leave as soon as they land on the lot
    My sims always swim miles away to leave a lot instead of just going to the nearest point , I have found its easier to send one home then switch to that character and then tp the others home
    I cancelled a sim scuba diving as i noticed they needed the toilet , then told them to go home and use the loo , they swam to the beach , walked home then promptly turned round and went back to the diving bouy to then wave their arms and complain they needed the toilet and i wasnt able to cancel them from doing it
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    @Hearts4u some save files I can clean those yellow piles, some I can't

• Options
    spivoskispivoski Posts: 299 Member

My sims are have trouble using the outdoor public restrooms on some lots. When I direct them to use the restroom, they will wander around for a second, then sit in the sand (as though building a sandcastle). I usually then just make them go to swimming and relieve themselves in the ocean.

...for dolphin water.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    My sims get buggy in the beach in Lani St Taz. They can't do anything and I have to use resetsim all the time.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    cloud-gazing under water:
    xZx8rmE.png

Okay, that's crazy-insane. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    @tiarella and @JojoMOMSTER
    I went back to those yellow patches and now I can clean them up. First, I took a sample, then analyzed it, then Send to Research Center, and then I cleaned it up and it is gone. I did this on all of them and I was able to clean them up. Maybe this will work for you @JojoMOMSTER ;)
  • Options
    latenellatenel Posts: 41 Member
    I hate the restaurant bug. The food stealing is ridiculous. I have two things I haven't seen mentioned yet. My sims keep putting everything they grill into their inventory instead of on a table. I don't notice it until they start eating spoiled food that they just pulled out of their pockets. The other is they keep putting books back in a chest across the house instead of in the bookcase right next to them.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Many many bugs discovered:

The Umbrella bug: I had to put away umbrellas because my sims keep either resetting themselves trying to swim with umbrellas or walking takes forever because they keep stopping opening and closing umbrellas.

Mermaids borked in general. Can't have a mermaid club because within two minutes they get stuck threading water and the only way to get out of it is to cancel the club meeting.

And of course the "1×1 square tables don't work " bug.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    latenel wrote: »
    I hate the restaurant bug. The food stealing is ridiculous. I have two things I haven't seen mentioned yet. My sims keep putting everything they grill into their inventory instead of on a table. I don't notice it until they start eating spoiled food that they just pulled out of their pockets. The other is they keep putting books back in a chest across the house instead of in the bookcase right next to them.

I just recently experienced this, too. I kept looking around the patio and the kitchen to see what became of the food. I'm not sure why I ended up checking that Sim's inventory. Must have been looking for something else, when lo, and behold, there was the tray of grilled food! She's pregnant, again, and perhaps so hungry this go-around, she really didn't wish to share …

Then another Sim on the same lot put the food into the inventory. It's a problem.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited July 2019
    Anyone else have to replace towels quite often? I am also getting a “it’s to dark to sunbathe” message on a bright sunny day at 2pm.
  • Options
    shellbeme wrote: »
    Anyone else have to replace towels quite often? I am also getting a “it’s to dark to sunbathe” message on a bright sunny day at 2pm.

Oh, dear, that's not good.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    If anyone is having issues with Sims eatting spoiled food, please post a note here. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-keep-eating-spoiled-food/td-p/7969088

I don't know if this is a Sulani issue or not. But, ever since they started having Sims put food in their inventory, they will pull out the food and eat it whether it is spoiled or not. I've had to go and remove every outdoor grill/bbq from Sulani households and beaches because it is irritating. I know it is happening in other worlds but since I'm only in Sulani, I can only focus on this island. Who wants Sims pulling food from their inventory at a party or if you invite them to a restaurant. Then, I had to go around and check everyone's Inventory in Sulani--annoying and time consuming. :/
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    shellbeme wrote: »

Please list this here
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • Options
    LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    For me, it doesn't matter if I have Private Dwelling for a lot trait. I still get random Sims wandering into my Sim's house, using the toilet/ shower, helping themselves to a meal or playing games on the computer. They stay as long as they want and normally I have to ask them to leave, so very annoying!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    LoriTSp wrote: »
    For me, it doesn't matter if I have Private Dwelling for a lot trait. I still get random Sims wandering into my Sim's house, using the toilet/ shower, helping themselves to a meal or playing games on the computer. They stay as long as they want and normally I have to ask them to leave, so very annoying!

In my case asking them to leave or saying goodbye doesn't help.
  • Options
    smashersaurussmashersaurus Posts: 28 Member
    I'm having a hard time finding anyone with the same issues as me.

My sim was able to successfully clean up the random trash around on the beaches once, but now I get a routing failure for every single one, even ones I've done successfully before.

Hoping anyone has some input?
  • Options
    lemonfunklemonfunk Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having a lot of minor bugs with the expansion, but I'm really annoyed with something in particular. I wanted to make my own thread about it but this is my first time on the forum so I can't. :/ It's the most related to this at least, so maybe I can get some help. I saw someone at least already mention it.

I'm trying to complete my curator aspiration and shells were the closest to being completed so I decided to go for them. 6 hours of gameplay later, and I STILL cannot find a pink Tulip Shell! Literally my sim beach combs for at least 6 hours each sim day, I try deep diving at the buoy, and she collects all the piles of shells on the beaches. I have found every other type of shell at least 50-100x now and I cant find that COMMON shell. What is happening??
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    edited August 2019
    As well as the spoiled food issue, I seem to be having some routing weirdness going on too.
    I directed one Sim to go open the door to someone knocking while she was taking a shower. She ended up spinning into clothes forever.
    Another Sim is unable to pass the bed, unless I make him "go here" in small parts around it.
    I also think I saw a townie walk through the house will my Sim was at work, but it happened so fast I wasn't able to verify.
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    @lemonfun I did have a household complete the shell collection. It required many days of children and toddlers playing in the sand for this. They are Off-Grid Island Living Challenge SIMs so they didn’t have a lot of toys and had to have fun playing in the sand. Not to discourage you but this was three young SIMs over many weeks before we completed the collection.