Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I remember when people hated the White menu (the previous one before the update)

So its funny to see that menu winning the poll, because when it came out a majority was saying they didn't like it at all.
"Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."

Comments

• lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    "Pick your favorite of these choices I'm presenting" is not the same as "I actually like these choices".
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    It might be a case of people not liking it, but then not liking the new one even more. The lesser of two evils.

White is easier on the eyes for me, but I know others have issues with it like I and others did with blue for various reasons. It would be nice if Maxis incorporated some way to choose a colour for the menu, or if they added some sort of dimming option, as that way everyone could be happy.

In terms of content, I found the previous white menu much more organised and less hectic. The new one is a bit all over the place and the use of space doesn't seem very efficient. The unique icon colours going seems like a silly decision too, both aesthetically and practically.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    "Pick your favorite of these choices I'm presenting" is not the same as "I actually like these choices".

And yet when that menu was released , most of the responses definitely considered it worse than the previous menu which didnt show the collection at all. And called it pandering as well. But now "everyone" likes it so much more than all the others.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Are you questioning people’s honesty with this topic? Or... what’s it about?
    5JZ57S6.png
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Are you questioning people’s honesty with this topic? Or... what’s it about?

Not their honesty, just amused at how this community often flips and flops sometimes. From one extreme to the other.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited July 2019
    Why's that funny? Liking one thing more than another doesn't mean you actually like it

And could this have not been posted in.. I dunno, the topic with the poll in it? Did it warrant a whole new topic? :D
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I never disliked the white menu. It was simple and clean to me. I never really paid much attention to when it changed to that though. I'm not that fussed about the new menu, but I must admit I prefer the previous one. I am biased though since I've never been a huge fan of blue, particularly dark blue. Oh well. People often dislike change (I know I am guilty of this), but I'm sure I will adjust.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »

It is if you also have the option of "Don't vote in a poll that doesn't represent your opinions". You can even chime in on the thread without voting and say as much.

I think the hyperbole around rebranding is out of hand, and while not all of the design choices are the ones I would have made (The Sims masthead logo color is not hurtful to me, but I do find it odd and distracting), some of the discourse has been unnecessarily rude.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited July 2019
    Why didn’t you post a link to the poll you’re talking about?
    My favorite color is blue. If you presented me with a poll that said to pick your favorite from black, red, green, and purple. I would pick black. And all that would tell you is that of those choices, I prefer black. It doesn't tell you that I'd actually prefer blue. The poll is just like that.
    I think you're reading more into the results than what's actually there.
    Cupid wrote: »
    Why's that funny? Liking one thing more than another doesn't mean you actually like it

And could this have not been posted in.. I dunno, the topic with the poll in it? Did it warrant a whole new topic? :D

Except that when the last menu premiered , they said the one before it was better. Now its the best one. Thats where it just shows inconsistency.
    edited July 2019
    Sindocat wrote: »
    It is if you also have the option of "Don't vote in a poll that doesn't represent your opinions". You can even chime in on the thread without voting and say as much.

That's true. And I didn't vote in the poll because I don't like any of them. But, it is okay for people to choose one if they want to. To let it be known that of those, they prefer a particular one. The forums are about discussion, and a poll is usually a good way to have an interesting one.
    All I'm trying to say, unsuccessfully apparently, is that I don't think the poll results actually show what you think they do.

Now, the poll that specifically asks people's thoughts on the new screens, that one's pretty clear.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member

Except that when the last menu premiered , they said the one before it was better. Now its the best one. Thats where it just shows inconsistency.

Who's to say it's the same people and not completely different ones? And even if it is the same people, who's to say that anyone isn't allowed to change their mind? I'm just not seeing the conflict or the problem here.

I've personally always like the previous one, but I do remember seeing people say they didn't like it because they didn't like having all their unowned packs shoved in their face like that. But it's always possible that those people got used to that, or that they bought more packs since then and don't mind it as much.. I mean yikes, Imagine a world where your opinion isn't ever allowed to change, even if it's from years ago. Scary.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)

Who's to say it's the same people and not completely different ones? And even if it is the same people, who's to say that anyone isn't allowed to change their mind? I'm just not seeing the conflict or the problem here.

I've personally always like the previous one, but I do remember seeing people say they didn't like it because they didn't like having all their unowned packs shoved in their face like that. But it's always possible that those people got used to that, or that they bought more packs since then and don't mind it as much.. I mean yikes, Imagine a world where your opinion isn't ever allowed to change, even if it's from years ago. Scary.

The thing is that im not talking about a single person. Im talking about the majority of the feedback I saw about the last menu we had. Me personally, I don't see the problem with taking notice of reactions that I see. There are plenty of other discussions about the rebrand and related topics, so im not sure why anyone should be overly bothered by this one.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    That is why it never matters what these people say. They don't know what they like themselves. They just complain to complain.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    Okay, now we're getting posts that are basically mocking others. Hasn't the forum had enough of this? Please stop. Please?
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Tiarella wrote: »
    Okay, now we're getting posts that are basically mocking others. Hasn't the forum had enough of this? Please stop. Please?

lol yeah cause bashing the company and simgurus is so much better and "constructive", I agree.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    There are plenty of other discussions about the rebrand and related topics, so im not sure why anyone should be overly bothered by this one.
    I agree. I don't see why anyone would be annoyed with the OP for making a simple observation. Everybody's talking about the rebrand, so... Personally I prefer the white, and always have.

InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    edited July 2019
    There's a difference between talking about the rebrand, and gossiping about other simmers. Ditto on criticizing the company, & criticizing fellow simmers. :wink: In each case, the forum rules allow the former, but frown on the latter.

edit: added 'in each case,' for clarity.
    There's a difference between talking about the rebrand, and gossiping about other simmers. Ditto on criticizing the company, & criticizing fellow simmers. :wink: In each case, the forum rules allow the former, but frown on the latter.

edit: added 'in each case,' for clarity.

I haven't mentioned any members here @Tiarella

what are you talking about? this comment is so over the top weird and dramatic.
    Simpkin wrote: »
    That is why it never matters what these people say. They don't know what they like themselves. They just complain to complain.

It's just very confusing, because when that menu showcasing all the packs came out the majority consensus was that it was bad and also boring.
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Alright I'm locking this thread up, it's not exactly been made in good faith. Please do not remake it.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top