Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Higher quality honey?

My bees only give poor quality honey. Is there something I need to do to get a higher quality?

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Mine only gave poor until my sim maxed out her relationship with her bees. Now they give her a very high (forget at the moment the exact name) quality of honey.
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Mine only gave poor until my sim maxed out her relationship with her bees. Now they give her a very high (forget at the moment the exact name) quality of honey.

I thought it would be something like that. Unfortunately most of my bees hate my sim.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    What keeps my bees happy is they love classical music (station). Before I put a radio in their greenhouse, they were constantly attacking everyone who they saw.
  • Options
    IllandryaIllandrya Posts: 87 Member
    Thanks for the tip about the classical music, they are so calm now!
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Oh wow...thanks for the tip @LaBlue0314. So what does honey allow your Sim to do? I saw one recipe for a honey cake....but is there anything else....or is just to sell?
  • Options
    KityyKatty519KityyKatty519 Posts: 24 Member
    > @Sha2520032003 said:
    > Oh wow...thanks for the tip @LaBlue0314. So what does honey allow your Sim to do? I saw one recipe for a honey cake....but is there anything else....or is just to sell?

You can also make bee-tea with the teamaker (or whatever it is called) :p. but from what i have seen thats it(?)
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Oh wow...thanks for the tip @LaBlue0314. So what does honey allow your Sim to do? I saw one recipe for a honey cake....but is there anything else....or is just to sell?

You can eat it too and it fills your hunger bar pretty well.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Thanks @Pamtastic72
  • Options
    Sonshine77Sonshine77 Posts: 197 Member

If your sim consumes the honey, they will get the moodlet "life is sweet." I don't remember of the top of my head though how many pts it is. Also, personally, I clean and feed my bees each time I want to harvest the honey. When I chose to just feed and collect the honey, it was less quality (I think it was "excellent" instead of "perfect"). So if you want perfect honey all the time, you have to do all three actions each time you want to harvest.
  • Options
    ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    Sonshine77 wrote: »

If your sim consumes the honey, they will get the moodlet "life is sweet." I don't remember of the top of my head though how many pts it is. Also, personally, I clean and feed my bees each time I want to harvest the honey. When I chose to just feed and collect the honey, it was less quality (I think it was "excellent" instead of "perfect"). So if you want perfect honey all the time, you have to do all three actions each time you want to harvest.

That would be right for the Sims 3 but this is the Sims 4 section and the interactions between the 2 games are not the same.
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    What keeps my bees happy is they love classical music (station). Before I put a radio in their greenhouse, they were constantly attacking everyone who they saw.

And all of this time I thought you had to fully bond with them. Thanks for the tip!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    Drinking honey also removes temperature threats, like if your sim is too hot or too cold.
  • Options
    Rhiannon1307Rhiannon1307 Posts: 147 Member
    Classical music didn't work for me at all, strangely. But my Sim's relationship to the bees is quite high now, and they produce "normal" quality honey, at least.
  • Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited July 2019
    Do your bees have mites? Nothing enrages bees like having mites and this can really impact both honey quality and relationships with sims in a negative direction. Oddly enough, bees in Sulani seem to get mites almost constantly, while in Windenburg and Brindleton Bay they hardly ever got them. I am starting to wonder if temperature is the cause — maybe the warm weather and constant sunshine in Sulani breeds mites.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member

wow...LOL who knew?!?! Guess you do..lol