The latest update addressed the crashing issue that some of you have been experiencing, Click here to found out more!
November 27 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here.

Is The Sims 4 Dying?

Comments

  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,102 Member
    No
    Clearly not since they just re-branded it.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,361 Member
    No
    No it's doing just fine. Some people just really want you to think it is because they don't like the current game/EA/ or other things it's like a job for them. It will run it's course like the other games did. Only it will do it for a longer time :Do:)
    egTcBMc.png
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 884 Member
    No
    they've rebranded to attract gen z and the upcoming generation thats about to get out of its diapers, which ❤️❤️❤️❤️ a lot of current and older players off but its not something that would cause them to leave. its definitely not dying.
  • Hyper_KeyHyper_Key Posts: 26 Member
    Yes
    For me it is.
    After that latest update I am done with it.
    Good Job EA, you made someone who's been with the franchise for 13 years, turn her back to it.

    It was little things that slowly but surely added up.
    I am fed up, and i am not afraid to say that out loud.
    Either EA works on their ❤️❤️❤️❤️, or they'll never see me buy another game (pack) again.

    I know a lot of other people think the same. EA still doesn't care.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 594 Member
    Friday at my local game store, looking at the German PC game top 10 charts: Island living at #2, base game #6, IL sold out.

    It's interesting that it's at #6 given how often EA puts it on sale for free, or at an extremely cheap price ($5-10), via Origin!
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 4,804 Member
    No
    Friday at my local game store, looking at the German PC game top 10 charts: Island living at #2, base game #6, IL sold out.

    It's interesting that it's at #6 given how often EA puts it on sale for free, or at an extremely cheap price ($5-10), via Origin!

    Base Game has been free, once, for a week, in five years. I think some people are still salty about that, but EA isn't. They picked up a lot of players who had yet to make the jump from TS3 who are now seeing $10 and $20 packs as nice things to pick up to expand their play, so I think they can call that a win.
  • OhMyHemsworthOhMyHemsworth Posts: 8,159 Member
    No
    No, I think it's thriving right now, probably the most popular one so far. The hate going around doesn't mean anything, haters who complain yet still play the game, it's like you must not hate it as much as you say. I think they are all talk and just want to fuss because they can. It's not perfect but it's one of the best in my opinion.
    8NLEQWU.gif
    And then, Chris smiles and it's all ok.
    -Tom Hiddleston
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    No
    Not at all.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 761 Member
    *sigh* Someone has to ask this question in every game.
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    This isn't Siege, or DoTA, or Overwatch, or World of Warcraft. It's a single-player game. Concurrent player population is meaningless.

    This is dead on.

    One of the best things about single-player games is that it doesn't matter how many other people are playing it, one million players or one player, the game plays the exact same way because you aren't dependent upon other players like you are in MMOs.
    Another thing that is great about single-player games it that you can still play them even after the game is no longer being updated. I still play Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 every once in a while and I know people who still play Icewind Dale.
    Enjoy playing The Sims 4 and try not to worry so much.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,062 Member
    No
    LiesSim wrote: »
    It lost fans, it gained new fans. Not dying at all.
    Not everyone is negative about this game, the forum doesn't have that many active people on it compared to the actual amount of sim players.
    I'm not sure but I suppose a lot of players are young and are experiencing TS4 as their first installment of the game. They have nothing to compare it to and I'm sure the game is impressive and enjoyable to them. If I hadn't known the previous versions, I would love TS4 with a passion.

    That is exactly how I would feel if I never played the other versions.
    AMD 2700X 32 GB Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super 8 GB Rosewill Rise Full Tower SB THX Trustudio LG Ultrawide 34"
    Intel 6700K 32 GB ASUS RTX 2070 Strix 8 GB Stryker Full Tower SB Z-Series Samsung Curved 32"
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,062 Member
    edited July 2019
    No
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    Simpkin wrote: »
    The complainers don't matter, never have, never will and it says zero about the game quality or popularity.

    I wouldn't say complainers don't matter. And complainers can speak to game quality. Burying your head in the sand when people voice their complaints and pretend they don't matter and have no impact on peoples' decisions to buy or not buy the game is bad for companies to do.

    If people didn't complain about the redesign and give valid reasons to change it, EA wouldn't have changed the color to be less likely to cause migraines.

    If people had not complained about the lack of toddlers for as long as they did, I highly doubt EA would have given them to us. Toddlers took money and time to develop. If EA thought the player base was fine with no toddlers, we would not have had toddlers.

    Those that complain and just say that the game is horrible but gives no reason are the ones that are expecting EA to be mind readers and there feedback doesn't make any difference because EA can't figure out why they don't like it.

    Now there are people that say they don't like the game because of X, Y, and Z even if they know that EA can't change the game at this point. But that's because one day Sims 5 will be coming out and they want to make it known that they don't like X, Y, and Z so that maybe Sims 5 will have made X, Y, and Z better or removed them. Like the people that complain that Sims 4 doesn't have open world.


    And depending on what the complainers are complaining about it can speak to a game's quality. A game riddled with bugs is of lower quality than a game that only has a few bugs.

    And let's be honest here, Sims 4 does have a decent number of bugs that have been hard for EA to fix. And that does speak to the game's quality.


    That all being said, Sims 4 isn't dying. EA wouldn't have been putting money into rebranding Sims 4 if it was. They would be putting money into Sims 5.

    I endorse this post and also agree with it. :):)
    AMD 2700X 32 GB Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super 8 GB Rosewill Rise Full Tower SB THX Trustudio LG Ultrawide 34"
    Intel 6700K 32 GB ASUS RTX 2070 Strix 8 GB Stryker Full Tower SB Z-Series Samsung Curved 32"
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,319 Member
    No
    If The Sims had competing franchises, it would've been dead a long time ago... however, since The Sims is the only major life simulation game out there, it's thriving. For what EA and Maxis constantly do, they're LUCKY to have such a loyal fan base... they've ripped off their fans so many times... and yet, here we are... still giving them our money.

    The only reason I still buy Sims games from EA is because there isn't a life simulation game out there that even compares to it (at least not yet).

    Overall, if The Sims wasn't in a unique situation like this, it would've been dead long ago... however, since it's a unique type of game that hasn't really had much serious competition, it's able to keep thriving, while EA continues milking everyone's wallets with as much DLC as possible, while also ignoring the major gameplay issues that players are having. They don't care about anything... as long as they're making money.

    Again, EA is lucky that 'The Sims' is even in this kind of situation... because if there was another life simulator out there, I wouldn't even be bothered to play this game anymore. Just like when Cities Skylines officially destroyed SimCity for good.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Backyard Stuff
    Sims 4: Dine Out Game Pack

    78MB6Gb.jpg
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,319 Member
    No
    No, I think it's thriving right now, probably the most popular one so far. The hate going around doesn't mean anything, haters who complain yet still play the game, it's like you must not hate it as much as you say. I think they are all talk and just want to fuss because they can. It's not perfect but it's one of the best in my opinion.

    Complaining about issues with the game isn't the same as hating it... just saying. Why do you find it unreasonable that we'd prefer to have a playable game, especially considering how much we've spent on it? When I buy a game, I expect it to function... not be broken. Again, especially considering the amount of money EA asks for everything.

    For example, 'Dine Out' is literally unplayable right now... because of that bug they keep ignoring that allows other Sims to steal food at restaurants... the pack is $20... and yet, the central feature of that pack is broken and unplayable, which basically makes the entire pack useless.

    Are we supposed to just accept paying money for something we can't even use? Again, if I purchase something, I don't expect it to be broken or unusable.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Backyard Stuff
    Sims 4: Dine Out Game Pack

    78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    No
    Only for people who quite playing it - for the rest of us many years more to come... MANY, many more.... it is rumored anyway.

    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 4,804 Member
    No
    But it isn't "unplayable". It is perfectly playable. It just has an unintended interaction (food theft) to be aware of, and be prepared to interrupt.

    If you like the game, you'd accept that bugs do happen, and fixes take time. I just raised three kids from infancy to childhood with the "sticky hands" bug. Was it annoying? Yes. Was I able to play around it? Also, yes. Did my Toddlers have a chance to fully develop all Toddler Skills, and make a basic start on their Values? Also, yes.

    Adjust your expectations. Cut people some slack. Of course they want to fix it and, as soon as they can, they will.

    Speaking abusively of the design team is not only unhelpful, it's impolite, and that is what suggests you are hostile.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    No
    Sindocat wrote: »
    But it isn't "unplayable". It is perfectly playable. It just has an unintended interaction (food theft) to be aware of, and be prepared to interrupt.

    If you like the game, you'd accept that bugs do happen, and fixes take time. I just raised three kids from infancy to childhood with the "sticky hands" bug. Was it annoying? Yes. Was I able to play around it? Also, yes. Did my Toddlers have a chance to fully develop all Toddler Skills, and make a basic start on their Values? Also, yes.

    Adjust your expectations. Cut people some slack. Of course they want to fix it and, as soon as they can, they will.

    Speaking abusively of the design team is not only unhelpful, it's impolite, and that is what suggests you are hostile.

    I know - I rarely have the problems with the game a lot of people complain of. I have seen a food thief or two recently but on Sulani that isn't a problem as I have no restaurants - they either get bar food or go to one of the barbeque gatherings on the Islands. Since we got Island Living I have not been back to the "mainland" at all to play with my other Sims - but I do now and then take my Island Sims to a festival in MyShuno and no stealing goes on at any of those either. So not a problem for me.

    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,466 Member
    No
    Sindocat wrote: »
    But it isn't "unplayable". It is perfectly playable. It just has an unintended interaction (food theft) to be aware of, and be prepared to interrupt.

    If you like the game, you'd accept that bugs do happen, and fixes take time. I just raised three kids from infancy to childhood with the "sticky hands" bug. Was it annoying? Yes. Was I able to play around it? Also, yes. Did my Toddlers have a chance to fully develop all Toddler Skills, and make a basic start on their Values? Also, yes.

    Adjust your expectations. Cut people some slack. Of course they want to fix it and, as soon as they can, they will.

    Speaking abusively of the design team is not only unhelpful, it's impolite, and that is what suggests you are hostile.

    It might not be unplayable to you, but maybe to other Simmers having to watch for the food theft to interrupt it ruins the fun enough that it makes them not want to play with that feature. Meaning the bug has made the key feature of Dine Out unplayable. People have different tolerance levels for bugs and their effects. Dismissing their tolerance levels because yours is higher is rude.

    And maybe for some of us we have adjusted our expectations a number of times. But at some point you stop moving the goal post. And maybe a number of us have reached that point. The point where we're done adjusting our expectations and will get vocal about our expectations not being met instead of just adjusting them to where we are satisfied.

    I saw nothing hostile at all towards the devs in the comment I think you are referring to. So calling them rude for expressing that they expect a game pack to work as advertised is not called for.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited July 2019
    Catzilla wrote: »
    *sigh* Someone has to ask this question in every game.
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    This isn't Siege, or DoTA, or Overwatch, or World of Warcraft. It's a single-player game. Concurrent player population is meaningless.

    This is dead on.

    One of the best things about single-player games is that it doesn't matter how many other people are playing it, one million players or one player, the game plays the exact same way because you aren't dependent upon other players like you are in MMOs.
    Another thing that is great about single-player games it that you can still play them even after the game is no longer being updated. I still play Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 every once in a while and I know people who still play Icewind Dale.
    Enjoy playing The Sims 4 and try not to worry so much.

    I mean to be fair, the OP wasn't making the argument that it mattered how many active players there were (though I disagree, I do think it matters in this type of game where it seems as though its lifespan is very much influenced by its success or failure.) But anyway, they were just asking the question.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • StarDreamerStarDreamer Posts: 82 Member
    No
    Nope. If anything, it's being renewed.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 585 Member
    No
    There is nothing like the Sims 4. ;)
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • theaethanrealmtheaethanrealm Posts: 62 Member
    No
    nah, with all the new packs they're releasing it just keeps on going haha
    origin id - theaethanrealm
  • WingardimLeviosaWingardimLeviosa Posts: 201 Member
    No
    Nope, it's probably the opposite.
    C0gfE.gif
  • MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member
    No
    I believe Sims 4 is not dying. It needs adjustments but it's well being. Complaints and critiques are good because they help the devs team to adjust their aiming.
  • MollyDTheSimsMollyDTheSims Posts: 21 Member
    No
    I think Sims 4 is doing well, and there's no place to go but up.
  • HeyHeyyHeyHeyy Posts: 455 Member
    My computer has been broken for over a month. I tried fixing it, was gonna wait it out and buy a new computer. But my bf ended up getting one and letting me use his. I installed the sims 4 & all my packs (without any CC at the moment) & I found a whole new appreciation for it. so far, I’ve been having so much fun and created a house that looks just like my past houses with CC bc I guess I have a certain building style haha. the sims isn’t going anywhere !
    GALLERY: jdm14_xx
    LIKE my page on FACEBOOK. @jm.violetsims14

    <3
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top