March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your favorite main menu iteration?

13...Next

Comments

• elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited July 2019
    4 (July 2019 - Present)
    February11 wrote: »
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Currently. I hate how the pack icons occupy half the screen and how small the render is.

I've adjusted the amount of space the pack icons take. Does it look better?

Cad3CYh.jpg

How did you do that, I've not actually studied it yet?
    I like the present main menu.

It's modded. Originally the pack icons take up 43.17% of the screen and I adjusted it down to 30% :)
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • WynnoxWynnox Posts: 43 Member
    1 (September 2014 - February 2015)
    the animations were fun to watch!
    Gallery Name: 12Wyvern
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I liked when we got info on packs owned, but I don't really need that info as I know what packs I have installed. I welcome the changes, and like others said, it's just a loading page, I don't sit back watching it any way. The new one feels a bit empty bottom half centered, but as I have not installed the patch yet, there might be info that is not showing on this example screenie.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    3 (February 2017 - July 2019)
    I would be fine with the current menu if they hadn't messed up the pack icons. They're all the same, now.
  • AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    edited July 2019
    I might be able to get behind the new one but the icon colors are just dreadful. Also does anyone else feel like they are playing a game for toddlers with the bouncing llamacorn ans freezer bunny?

Oh and someone on twitter called the blue used [in the Your Collection banner and play buttons] 'basic hyperlink blue' and I can't unsee it. Spot on needs to be a different blue.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    edited July 2019
    2 (February 2015 - February 2017)
    I hadn't realised or had forgotten that the main menu UI had changed so drastically.

I like 2 the most. 1 is waaay to white and there is a bit too much advertising in 3. 4 is by far the worst, it feels like 3/4 of the screen is devoted to advertising and it has those offensively oversaturated blues. But it would almost be on a par with 3 if they used the same blues and background pattern to disrupt the solid white in it as the earlier versions.

And I don't know why, but the whole rebranding project looks cheap and rushed to me and the new Sims 4 logo looks especially cheap and rushed to me.

Strangely I miss the ability to rotate betwen background images they gave us in the final iteration of the UI
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • sassygray5sassygray5 Posts: 545 Member
    I have to agree the installed packs area is WAY to prominent and takes up way too much space. It also makes me feel like their main focus is trying to get my to buy packs and highlight packs I am missing rather than actually playing the game.
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    2 (February 2015 - February 2017)
    i own all of the packs, but I don't like seeing all of the pack icons. its too busy. hopefully i can find a menu replacement mod.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    4 (July 2019 - Present)
    Looks good to me. But I do like @elelunicy redo as well.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    I loved the third one so much, I forgot I even played when it was the second one. Lol.
  • razhrfyrerazhrfyre Posts: 2 New Member
    The 3rd was fun and let you see which packs you have, which is a nice reminder.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited July 2019
    1 (September 2014 - February 2015)
    or 2

I'm not fan of ''your collection'' part of it not in previous one or the newest one
    like ok they wanted to give us something to see what packs we have and what we don't fine
    but they could have easily just made a page for it in ... instead of taking space from the main menu
    I'd love to see big cool pics from the eps on full screen rather than just a small picture

though that white bg ain't favorite either but just... pics over packs really
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    I do like 3 the best, but the rebrand is so whatever to me. I don't really care about them changing things. I just wish other things were more priority.
  • lzbthnndglslzbthnndgls Posts: 285 Member
    edited July 2019
    I absolutely despise the new one. I hate the entry screen and the waiting screens. There's too much geometry to play with almost like they're trying to jump from 2D to 4D and the blue hurts my eyes. (I have an eye condition that makes me sensitive to blue light so I have to have night shift on all my devices) I have night shift on and that blue still comes through. It's way too bright and obnoxious and it looks less...sleek. The creators are trying too hard. The move for modern web pages today is to make everything simple with white backgrounds and all your tools to the left or right hand sides. No one is putting tool panes at the top anymore unless they're Microsoft Office or AutoCAD. Everything is at the sides because that gives you more picture space on widescreen monitors (Which is the current trend).

Edit: also pack icons are all BLUE!!!! When I'm in CAS or Build Mode I can't figure out what is from what pack because the icons are tiny and I used to distinguish them by color. Now they're all the same.
    Check out my builds on the gallery by searching my username: lzbthnndgls
  • Hyper_KeyHyper_Key Posts: 26 Member
    liked 3 the most.
    Easily accessible, could see everything you owned and the store wasn't shoved at your face
  • jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    I'm not against them changing design, I like that some things change over time, but honestly there is many issues with the new one.

Worst is the brightness of some colors. Some of them are nice and fresh and I like them, but others like that BLUE is too much that it hurts my eyes! I have adjusted my settings so that most of thing are fine to look at, but it doesn't help much because those kind of bright colors are still a problem. I wish that I wouldn't have so sensitive eyes, it's a pain to have that. Migraines are also common for me, I have them way too often at times, and those kind of bright colors and bright white can trigger it.

I'm happy to know tough that they are gonna change that loading screen color for darker blue, even though that wasn't the worst of those colors. Maybe they will still make some other changes as well.. I hope they will.

I also liked that expansion packs had different colors, for those many reasons that others of you have already mentioned.

And yes, there is also issues with design. I'm not sure though how to explain all of those and I'm too lazy at the moment to try to translate my thought about it in English. I agree with some things about it that has been mentioned by others, to but it shortly.

Also making it optional, so you can choose between two looks for example, could be a thing and solve some issues.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    4 (July 2019 - Present)
    4 with colored pack icons

CAAF8-AF1-C6-E0-4831-BA42-3517-A403-C493.png
  • PlumbobGrandmaPlumbobGrandma Posts: 438 Member
    4 (July 2019 - Present)
    While some additions are downright crazy such as the new cover picture (it’s hideous!) and the colors are a bit too bright (especially the blue loading screen) I like the new plumbob and the way you can change which graphic/animation you want on your main screen. It’s a trade off for the more simplistic and sleek old design

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀