Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is The Sims 4 Dying?

AnnaRAnnaR Posts: 23 Member
Like is it losing fans or popularity?

Is The Sims 4 Dying? 262 votes

Yes
16%
Bluefairy286Mstybl95sims2freak737Colorist40overonAlrynnBloosmooAnmirlaalejandro15039mock68trashbinsouvenirAmj1995KaeChan2089gamekittenTildeLJohn4estMikado-chanfatbat21mercy55funCheiriPixie 44 votes
No
83%
Akl500PBluegayleauroraael14CK213Frn0731GoldmoldaricmnfrshAzarinop2brackencat31Kita5399GalacticGalIcewolfJaseLaBlue0314jeepjeepcatalexspoom13storyyBlkBarbiegalaelias24Celticgamer0 218 votes

Comments

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    No
    Friday at my local game store, looking at the German PC game top 10 charts: Island living at #2, base game #6, IL sold out.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    No
    No. I'm sure it's lost a few fans, all games do overtime. But it's also gained a lot of fans. There's still a lot of people that play
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    No
    It's definitely going to a direction that makes me feel uncomfortable and a bit scared atm cos it seems that we need to wait a long time for bug fixes and the some of the newer packs (*cough* StrangerVille *cough*) make me question the direction the game is going to be developed to.
    I personally still am totally in love with the game. But concerned. But I try to keep my hopes up and wish for a better future. I really hope Sims 4 doesn't die until we get University and more realistic career options.
    origin ID: adduapina
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    No
    No atm
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Don’t be skurred OP
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    No
    It's not dying, it's just EA being greedy
  • RosybearRosybear Posts: 51 Member
    No
    From reading threads it's feeling like a lot of OG players are angry at the game for how it's developing and that makes it seem like it's dying. But (and no offence to OG players) this happens with most games with a long-term fan base, because things won't ever be exactly what you want and a lot of people preferred older iterations. But outside of the forums, to me it seems like the sims is huge and still a big part of a lot of people's lives, and is gaining many new players. For example I just found out yesterday that my best friend has started playing it!!

There's a lot to critique about the sims (apparently - I think it's pretty good imo) but there's also a lot to praise them for. Don't get too hung up on the endless threads bashing the game x
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    No
    It's doing very well at the moment, from what I've heard.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    No
    This isn't Siege, or DoTA, or Overwatch, or World of Warcraft. It's a single-player game. Concurrent player population is meaningless.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    It is just being marketed to a different type of crowd than the old simmers.
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    No
    Absolutely not, lol.
  • asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    No
    I think the developers have a tough job, and are trying to find new ways to change the game, try new things and keep it interesting, and at the same time meet the wants and desires of people who loved TS2 and TS3 and basically want an updated version of those games. By trying new things, they are putting less time and resources in rebooting all the previous sims stuff, but unless they try and keep things new and interesting, they wont find out what works and what doesn't. (For the record, I'm an old school fan who would just love a reboot of TS2, with all the freedom and detail that the game had - but I do understand why they try new things, and even though I might not use them in my game I appreciate the variety).

My main issue is that they can miss out the depth in gameplay that other iterations of The Sims had, and some of the basic items like L shaped stairs, or more defined ages (I miss proper elders and teens) - lots of little things that added realism to the game and would make a world of difference to the depth of play. So, when new games come out that go in a new direction, some of us can feel that the game still feels empty in terms of gameplay so the feedback is negative. I think TS4 has so many excellent things about it, and I love playing it. I just think there's those few smaller things that could be easily tweeked or added to, that would make it so much better.

I think TS4 feels like a transitional series to me, where the developers are trying to find a balance between meeting the expectations of older players, whilst also trying to find new ideas that keep the game moving forward - which means that I think they can never really get it right, because something, somewhere is always missing for someone. I hope that they learn from all the feedback, and can find a way to bring those 2 things together to make an amazing TS5 in the future. (And, I also really, really would love a university pack for TS4 first tho ;) )
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    No
    Where did you get that idea? From all the haters? Well they like to talk a lot, but there are way more fans I think, and I'm one of them too.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    No
    It lost fans, it gained new fans. Not dying at all.
    Not everyone is negative about this game, the forum doesn't have that many active people on it compared to the actual amount of sim players.
    I'm not sure but I suppose a lot of players are young and are experiencing TS4 as their first installment of the game. They have nothing to compare it to and I'm sure the game is impressive and enjoyable to them. If I hadn't known the previous versions, I would love TS4 with a passion.
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Yes
    This is purely a knee jerk, fear reaction on my part....I love my game and it vanishing forever is my nightmare... Not my worst, that's getting my face eaten off by killer barbie dolls, but it's up there.
    It's really heartening to see that so many people believe it's here to stay, that sets my anxiety at rest. (Yes I am that obsessed)
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    No
    Too much passion over it for it to be dying.
    Of course if Uni turns out to be plum, it's dead to me. :D

(I hope that doesn't turn out to be famous last words :o )
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    No

No, because the Sims games are more expensive in retail stores. I feel that the team is trying very hard to please us. It's just they are not the original makers of Sims 2 and Sims 3. Anyone that has played it that long can see the difference and can not get past that. We have new people it is not that they are not great in what they do, it's just their style is a little different. I feel they are trying and are doing a great job.

I like that they are not trying to copy older Sims games but making it their way. It's still the Sims. You do your best work when you are yourself.
    I would be bored if they only copied sims 2 and 3 and did not give us something different.
    So a few of the long-time players are not so happy.
    But the new players think it's wonderful.

Me I am in the middle, I just think of my Sims, as my Sims game, I do not need a lot added. I just want it to work and be enjoyable.
    Sims 3 got very heavy in added content, I did not get into all that so I do not miss it. I never played Island paradise so Island living is great just the way it is.
    I know people will always love the older Sims games, Just like they love the old reruns on TV.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    No
    I don't think it's dying, it just isn't what most people wish it was.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    No
    I don't believe it's dying. I mean the guru's said it still has a few more years of content.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited July 2019
    No
    I chose no as the new generation are more open to an less robust Sims version. However, learning from the Sims City 2013 support that was given for an older franchise and EA/Maxis commitment for it, I tend to take it with an big grain of salt as things change quickly as it was shown in Sims City 2013.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    No
    No, I don't. I felt like even before EA recently announced a re-brand and at least 3 more years of content that it was going well. The packs were consistently better. Are they perfect? No. Are there things we still want? Yes. I like that they are alternating between packs we've been wanting and new ones entirely. Strangerville was an interesting experiment and though I felt the story was too short, I enjoyed it! I'm hoping that they do release Farming and some other new ideas. Honestly paying for the same packs over and over again is starting to get old. I don't know about anyone else, but it has made me almost not enjoy the game as much as I was so focused on the next re-make. Yes, I do really miss witches and can't wait to have them in the fall but I needed to stop and remind myself that there's so much from all of these packs I haven't explored yet because I was waiting for the next big thing.

Overall, I think the Sims 4 has many years left and I'm glad for it. So long as they continue to create a combination of re-makes with a spin on them and brand new ideas, while listening to our feedback, I think the Sims 4 has the potential to feel the most complete since the Sims 2.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    No
    Hello Simmers! i think sims will be around for quite a while! because as new blood comes in so do new ideas and so forth :)
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    No
    TS4 is alive and well.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    No
    I don't think it is dying, no.