Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you still have hope?

Comments

• StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited July 2019
    I don’t think anything needs to be fixed
    As long as our Sims game is getting the attention it shows they care.

I like the new cover before we start the game. We will get used to it, Have you ever notice breakfast cereal boxes change, when I was a kid my mom would always find a way to annoy me when I was annoying her. So I was eating my cereal, and complaining about the new box, I even got up and put the box away. She looked at me and said you know when you see a cereal box change that means your getting old, you have lived long enough that the box changed. I did not like one bit what she said, and it did stop me from complaining about the cereal box.

So when we see all the cover changes on our Game everyone can just think of what my mom said to me o:) . But of course, any simmer that plays with aging off do not age. :D
    Post edited by Stormsview on
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Nothing going to change the core of this game.

Thank goodness for that!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited July 2019
    No it’s to late
    Stormsview wrote: »

Meh, not really. If they really cared they would have fixed the bugs piling up and made the effort to quality check new features before releasing them so that they don't add more bugs to the pile. This rebranding and continuing to put out buggy packs just tell me its just another way to squeeze money out of it by targeting specific groups.
    I like the new cover before we start the game. We will get used to it, Have you ever notice breakfast cereal boxes change, when I was a kid my mom would always find a way to annoy me when I was annoying her. So I was eating my cereal, and complaining about the new box, I even got up and put the box away. She looked at me and said you know when you see a cereal box change that means your getting old, you have lived long enough that the box changed. I did not like one bit what she said, and it did stop me from complaining about the cereal box.

This isn't cereal though with a recipe that doesn't change from decade to decade. TS4 is a game iteration that was suppose to build on and add to what has already been laid out in previous iterations. It didn't do any of that well at all and turned off a sizable number of simmers. So now they are targeting it toward young children and young women (teenagers more though), which seems more fitting since it's doesn't let you customize it much and has less features than previous iterations.

A good game iteration doesn't need rebranding because it will have built up a good reputation that draws new players on its own, like TS1, TS2 and TS3 does. That's why those games' packaging were never changed all these decades to attract new people.

In light of the narrow focus of their TS4 target demographics, does that mean that EAxis will release TS5 concurrently for the rest of us not in the target group (when it's good and ready of course) while they continue to put out packs for TS4? Because that would be the best business strategy. TS4 simmers can continue to get packs and EA won't lose the rest of us to other competitors. It's a win-win situation all around.

• Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes i feel like this will be fixed
    I was never interested in playing the Sims prior to Sims 4. Yet, there is always room for improvement. Because there is no other game for me that offers what I enjoy about the Sims 4, I will always be hopeful.

I'd miss my Sims.
    2hejxid.jpg

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • DedudamolDedudamol Posts: 17 Member
    No it’s to late
    Unfortunatelly i think no. Same situation with TS3, development made some mistakes during develop, and dont fixed it. So sad. And now it happening now. Of course i hope for good future, but now i dont believe for it. We will see
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited July 2019
    No it’s to late
    Dedudamol wrote: »
    Unfortunatelly i think no. Same situation with TS3, development made some mistakes during develop, and dont fixed it. So sad. And now it happening now. Of course i hope for good future, but now i dont believe for it. We will see

Only difference is that all the bugs in TS3 were addressed - they all have fixes or work arounds. So it is right now basically more stable and playable than TS4. Its game engine is stronger than TS4's and is why it has many more features in its packs than TS4's will ever have. That's why the TS3 community is large and active. And still growing.

I don't know why they're not fixing the core problems that TS4 has. I'm pretty sure if they fix all that, more people will play it, both returning and new.
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    No it’s to late
    LSM36 wrote: »
    Honestly, I just want them to start paying more attention to the things people asked for. Rather than doing stuff like, changing the covers of everyone's games in origin, and giving us stories that we can't customize.

Do people SERIOUSLY think EA is going to do this, since they haven't for the 5 years of TS4's life????? Dream on, kiddos.
  • Sagittarius_Dreamer4Sagittarius_Dreamer4 Posts: 23 Member
    No it’s to late
    This far along... I absolutely don't... This game is going to be left a mess... And hope for the sims 5? Not from this company... Paralives here I come ;)
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    No it’s to late
    Im changing my answer. I do! And I take back the negative statements I made before. The Sims 4 is my favorite sims game to date, i was just really disappointed with the featured that were left out of Island Living.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member
    I don’t know i hope so
    We all get disappointments at some point. The thing is, they can't please each and every player because it's just impossible. For that, they'd have to show us how to build our own game.

That said, in my case there is thin hope. It's not all completly gone.
  • latenellatenel Posts: 41 Member
    I don’t know i hope so
    I hope they can get some updates for us, but I'm not sure if it is possible. One thing I hate is that the whims system is so buggy. For example, if you have a pet as a kid but not as an adult, you still get whims to buy pet stuff constantly. I play with MCCC and that is what makes it fun for me. But the fact that I need a mod to make a game playable makes me unsure. However, each new expansion/stuff pack gives me new things I love. I doubt I'll know for sure how I truly feel about 4 until 5 comes out. :wink:
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    I don’t know i hope so
    I'm trying to stay optimistic. I have hope, but at the same time I'm also worried. The next releases will define my view a lot. And I'm really hoping they'd address bug fixes quicker than they do atm.
    origin ID: adduapina
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    No it’s to late
    Disappointment seems to be a part of Sims 4 though. There seems to be this pattern of hope, hype, play, disappointment, hope, hype, play, disappointment.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited July 2019
    I don’t know i hope so
    Looks like a lot of optimism on here overcoming the negativity.

Disappointment was a factor to some extent in all Sims games for me, bugs all the way in the last one but I was 'hopeful' all along with rants along the way. I've got the one which suits me at last and 'hope' for more..... Others views may vary but never mind. They have their favourites to go back to or 5? to look forward to. In the meantime I'm OK. B)
  • Sagittarius_Dreamer4Sagittarius_Dreamer4 Posts: 23 Member
    No it’s to late
    So just because we have a favorite to go back to our views of this iteration arent valid? Just because there were issues with previous games it makes it okay for this game to have bugs and no one is allowed to say so? Total BS. Who are you to say what is valid and what isn't valid in someone's view? I don't see someone commenting on bugs as being negative I see it as someone who really wants their game to be fixed and when you're constantly waiting and giving feedback on the issue and your voice goes unheard how are you supposed to react or act?
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    I don’t know i hope so
    So just because we have a favorite to go back to our views of this iteration arent valid? Just because there were issues with previous games it makes it okay for this game to have bugs and no one is allowed to say so? Total plum. Who are you to say what is valid and what isn't valid in someone's view? I don't see someone commenting on bugs as being negative I see it as someone who really wants their game to be fixed and when you're constantly waiting and giving feedback on the issue and your voice goes unheard how are you supposed to react or act?

My views are as valid as yours but this thread is not about bugs is it? It's about killing off a game that I enjoy. I know about the bugs, EA/Maxis know about the bugs, they've been told enough by the OP for plum's sake and it is his/her right to complain if they haven't been fixed yet.

I am a player and I enjoy the game. I want it to go on and don't say my views are not valid thank you. They are my views and I stick by them. Carry on complaining if you want. It's my Forum. It's the Sims 4 Forum. <3
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    No it’s to late
    Indeed, the topic is not about bugs (who brought up bugs?). It’s about (quoting the OP) ‘lack of personalities consequences and better working emotions’. Everybody who has ever played Sims 4 can have an opinion about that, because it’s basegame.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    I hate to say this because it's well a big surprise. They fixed it while we were not looking, and what about the new code to get the cars and everything that EA build within the game, we now have access to all of it that's a wow, Its like 20 stuff packs of fun things to build or do whatever we want with, how cool is that.

But the new Story mode, Now we can make any type of avatar they even ask you question so they know what type of avatar to make for you. I think it is just so cool.

<3 NEW STORY MODE TO CREATE A SIM | Sims 4 Huge Free Update <3 Just go check it all out.

Sorry, everyone, it is just true they fixed it. please do not everyone throw your shoes at me. It is just true and a big wow.

I’m glad you’re excited but the new story mode doesn’t change anything really it’s a new way to create sims yes but they still lack proper emotions and functioning traits they didn’t change anything about the issues i mentioned just another way to do the exact same thing and yes they did add the possibility of them getting skills etc wich is nice but the issues remain
  • tanakakitanakaki Posts: 240 Member
    No it’s to late
    While I do enjoy the aesthetics of this iteration of the Sims, I do feel that the core features of the game are lacking. The Sims emotions and expressions sometimes feels over exaggerated as if the game is trying too hard to be funny with every action the Sims do rather than being consistent with the Sims personality and the situation. As it is now, I have to push my imagination more this time around to flesh out my Sims personalities and relationships. The Devs have been doing their best to make The Sims 4 enjoyable, but its the Higher Ups who have the final say so on what goes into the game. And I feel they want to invest as little as possible into the Sims 4 so that they get a higher payout. So I don't think they will put any effort into fixing the core of the game and will just push the Devs into giving us bits and pieces until they lose interest in investing in Sims 4.
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited July 2019
    No it’s to late
    At 5 years in, the core is the core for better or worse. I think they're more likely to be working on another game than to try to take the time and effort to change core aspects of TS4 this late. What would be the point? They've made their sales, they have their audience. Those who enjoy the game for what it is are playing, those who don't have largely moved on.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
    edited July 2019

Sims 4 is perfect as it is. Would you change a game that gets this much attention, negative or positive, it still makes record sales. People love Sims 4, not even most of the naysayers can stop thinking and talking about it, even wanting it. They are also hooked on Sims 4 even if they do not think so its what they think on every day?. You have to admit sometimes a person can hate a celebrity so much to they become obsessed with them.
    Did people stop buying Island Living even when it was not included in the Origin sale? Nope? People want what they want and they want and love the Sims 4, they love all the Sims games. If the old Sims on-line was still playable they would be there as well.
    https://youtu.be/gKVaEM0VfXU

Sims 4 even have people dreaming of replacing it, and from what I have seen that's all it is, it's a dream! because it's in no way even at the game level.

Then we have people wanting them to Fix this or that in Sims 4. Talking about fixing Sims 4, wait, what? a perfect money maker.Have you ever wondered why Moding the Sims game is allowed they can block them any time they want, So it must be a reason why they allow Mods maybe to give us most of what we want in Sims 4? Its almost a Mod for every wish we simmers have. And don't feel sorry for the Vanilla Simmers, they actually like their game vanilla.

If someone says its something new in the Sims 4, what do they do? run fast to check it out, that's heavy interest or just simply love. <3
    Post edited by Stormsview on
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.

It's lots of Simmers that are enjoying the Sims 4, also its lots of simmers that enjoy Island Living and their SIms 4 game as a whole. They may not feel comfortable to say it and I understand why. But it would be nice if simmers could talk positively about a New pack sometimes
    Truth Sims 4 is not all negative or people would not buy so many packs.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited July 2019
    No it’s to late
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

Weren’t you just saying lots of Summers are enjoying Sims 4? Now you’re saying you wished people talked more positively about it? :neutral:

That's why public reaction to a thing, like game, doesn't necessary mean people have fondess toward it or any other positive emotion people that people would gain from it. Heck, it doesn't even make sense If you think about it. With that kind of logic, you can just conclude people who call Jake Paul for his disrespectful behavior love him because he been given many dishonorable headlines. Now, I'm not trying to factualize the fact TS4 is horrible and everybody should accept (while I can describe it as such based on the controversy it has/does receive(d)), but I'm perplexed on the idea that many that vent off on a product must be because they're fanboys or forever. Well to the franchise as whole, yes. TS4? Not everybody.
    Would you change a game that gets this much attention, negative or positive, it still makes record sales.
    Sure, which explains why the packs have been put on sale above 50% after just when the game became free for a limited time. Seems more like a struggle of selling more than anything. Unlike with the TS2 Ultimate Collection, this game is still is going under development for more years.
    They are also hooked on Sims 4 even if they do not think so its what they think on every day?
    That's false. I'm hooked on TS2 and TS3 more, because The Sims 4 is not perfect. May you not speak for everyone :) I have others things to about outside the forum. When on the forum, of course I'm gonna think about sims games because it's prevalent and relevant here.
    Then we have people wanting them to Fix this or that in Sims 4. Talking about fixing Sims 4, wait, what? a perfect money maker.Have you ever wondered why Moding the Sims game is allowed they can block them any time they want, So it must be a reason why they allow Mods maybe to give us most of what we want in Sims 4? Its almost a Mod for every wish we simmers have. And don't feel sorry for the Vanilla Simmers, they actually like their game vanilla.

If someone says its something new in the Sims 4, what do they do? run fast to check it out, that's heavy interest or just simply love. <3
    That, and so that modders have the 'duty' to clean up developers left stinky poo (or 'mess' as an euphemism) of spaghetti spoiled code. :# Whether a game has mod support or not doesn't conclude the critical reception of it.

Oh, since I'm replying multiple of your posts, about the cereal thing.

So when we see all the cover changes on our Game everyone can just think of what my mom said to me o:) . But of course, any simmer that plays with aging off do not age. :D
    Well, lets us all tell them to those who experience headaches and eye shore who get flash banged by the loading screen. The issue goes more beyond than you trivializing it, and I know you didn't mean that. I do think your mom is good person and doesn't meal well, but her words won't mean much to those whose seriously get health issues by looking at bad saturated screen.
    Post edited by DragonCat159 on
    NNpYlHF.jpg