Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic! Speculation!

Comments

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited July 2019
    I hope we get the woodcutter's cottage style house, costumes and furniture back. It would be good for storytelling and maybe a wolf added to the list if you have the Cat and Dog pack. With its' added traits possibly, vicious, killer for maybe another death!

An axe for a woodcutter to "chop wood" This wood would also be useful for fireplaces and heating water if you want an off-the-grid home.
  • FortescueFortescue Posts: 30 Member
    I really hope we get some of the stuff we had for TS3 Supernatural.
    I loved the Werewolves and Faeries, I bet they'd look so neat with TS4's art style.
    And the dragon eggs/pet dragons that came with that one town would be so much fun to get back.
    “I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I'm definitely excited for this GP. Supernaturals and occult is one of my favorite things in The Sims. I think the vampires we have in TS4 are the best in the Sims series so I have high expectations for this pack. I definitely think witches will make a comeback in the new pack. I really hope they add the alchemy skill. It would be cool see fairies and werewolves make a comeback too, especially werewolves because they've been in Sims since TS2. But I'm also hoping for something new....new type of power, new type of skill, etc.
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    N:o 1. is Young again -potion as someone mentioned earlier, then I want fairies. Oh, how I want fairies. Pretty pretty please, give me fairies! <3 And dragons! Let's not forget dragons.

And I want my normal sims to be able to learn witchcraft, not only occults (maybe at some skill level you would need to become an occult, but I'd really like to play some "muggle-born" magic also).

I love the fact that we had a SimGuru stating it's visually beautiful. That's one thing I desire. And hopefully there would be new hair colors (unlikely and if there would be, it probably is some sort of unnatural ones :/ ). I want beards! Like Gandalf beards!

Really more excited about this whole magic thing than I expected to be. I want to see baby dragons hatch. Now. <3 __ <3
    origin ID: adduapina
  • Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    adduapina wrote: »
    N:o 1. is Young again -potion as someone mentioned earlier, then I want fairies. Oh, how I want fairies. Pretty pretty please, give me fairies! <3 And dragons! Let's not forget dragons.

And I want my normal sims to be able to learn witchcraft, not only occults (maybe at some skill level you would need to become an occult, but I'd really like to play some "muggle-born" magic also).

I love the fact that we had a SimGuru stating it's visually beautiful. That's one thing I desire. And hopefully there would be new hair colors (unlikely and if there would be, it probably is some sort of unnatural ones :/ ). I want beards! Like Gandalf beards!

Really more excited about this whole magic thing than I expected to be. I want to see baby dragons hatch. Now. <3 __ <3

Still for muggle borns to be possible a Magical ley-line lot trait needs to be added in this GP
  • finnthesimmerfinnthesimmer Posts: 34 Member
    I hope there are fairies!
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Maybe we can be trolls 😌
  • IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    Hm... I wonder if they'll focus purely on just magic in spell-form.

I mean wouldn't potions and elixirs be kind of redundant?
    A Sim that's completed the Mixology Aspiration can create the mood potions at a bar, so that's one type of possibility that wouldn't need repeating.
    And of course there are others for sale in the satisfaction point store.

Then if you have the Get To Work expansion, there's those tons of Serums that Scientists can make which cover a broad category of effects like restoring needs, affecting moods, and even stuff like temporarily giving a Sim access to Alien mind powers or even turning a Sim into a ghost for a while, among other effects.

Not that there's really that much of an issue with there being multiple ways to get the same thing done, but I'd hope there would be some things specific to magical methods.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited July 2019
    We absolutely need both spells and potions. Potions can do different things than spells. In sims 2 potions could change a life state or cure it or make a sim fall in love with a target sim. Castaway had a cute one called Penguin party where penguins would come to a sim’s house and improve his or her social motive. Sims 3 had the most but they were mostly mood enhancers or motive fillers like we currently have in the Sims 4 reward store. I want the full range of magic: spells, curses, potions and duels. I also hope children can do some limited magic like in Sims 1 so we can go for the full Harry Potter effect if we like.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    You guys think they'll put the fortune teller outfit in this pack? (teased before GTW even came out lol) They could update the textures and add it in.

FortuneTeller.jpg

Some of these could be cool too even if as just decor.

11260287_1631119987127699_279684517_n.jpg
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    You guys think they'll put the fortune teller outfit in this pack? (teased before GTW even came out lol) They could update the textures and add it in.

FortuneTeller.jpg

Some of these could be cool too even if as just decor.

11260287_1631119987127699_279684517_n.jpg

I hope so. That was one of the "Spellcaster" types that I wanted to make. In addition, I want the Fortune Teller career and a functioning crystal ball. I'll make use of the items in Movie Hangout Stuff when building a caravan for a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 family to live in.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • PlumbobGrandmaPlumbobGrandma Posts: 438 Member
    edited July 2019
    I'm all about the witches too but man would I love some werewolves...considering the extensive create a pet tool they had in Cats and Dogs I'm sure they can whip up a wolf or two quite easily.

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀
  • killed.Persephonekilled.Persephone Posts: 53 Member
    Most of the ideas were still be written here,

Witches are my most expected occults I want in Realm. And I want the term for all genders. Witch is a gender-neutral term for me. Warlocks (as seen in TS2) were always male witches turned evil to me (perhaps I'm imprinted to this term through the good old Charmed TV show, I guess). I doesn't want stereotypes like the Wicked Witch of the West (who I really love), but a more earthy type of witches. Maybe Wicca as a part of their philsophy. And then there could be a fantasy magical aspect, inspired by diverse fandoms like Harry Potter, Charmed, Buffy, Witches of East End, Supernatural, etc.

Second, I want Were-beings, such like Werewolves and Werecats... but I can imagine a were-rodent, too *lol*

ORIGIN-ID: killedPersephone
    My Builds: Dark Dreams Architectures
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Wow. There are a lot of really cool, and some scarily extensive ideas in this thread.

As someone new(ish) to the Sims (I had Sims Medieval on disc, and I played with the Sims 3 CAS way, way, way back when - and then I discovered Daz Studio for making character art.) I don't have any ideas of what I want this pack to be based on what's come before. I'm coming mostly from a combination of armchair Folklorist and TTRPG systems.

Personally, I'm expecting some sort of magic user - I'm going to use Mage - as the only life state. I hope they don't have an alternate appearance option, though. I like the idea of mages looking like everyone else.

There are too many types of magic to pick what I'm hoping for in magic's flavor. For the mechanics themselves, I'd like to see the magic system mirror the fame system, actually, rather than the vampire system, but with more branching. for example a choice of three powers at the beginning, and then as you get more Mage points, you can either pick a new level 1 power, or from a choice of three level 2 based on the first one you picked, and so forth.

I'd also like to see being a mage either be a choice of base CAS option (create a mage from the get go) or an Aspiration reward, kinda like the Strangerville storyline, but one that's intended for existing normal sims, rather than a newly created one (though that would still be an option, obviously. You create a normal sim and give them that aspiration.)

As for the pack's aesthetics ... I actually don't have much of an opinion, other than not Victorian gothic, because Vampires already has that covered. But I like variety in my mages, from Gandalf-esqe Wizards to Neo-Taoist Technoshamans and everything in between.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hmmm... I hope that the witches can be versatile. Hoping for vampire-level-awesomeness here. They set the bar right now, with the poor plantsims in the other end.

Personally I want witches to be a lifestate, not just a skill. A normal sim would still hopefully be able to become a witch just like a sim can become a vampire or mermaid. The aliens are different in that way, either you are born as an alien or not.

Have high high hopes for this pack. Please have a pretty new world!!

Remember reading that it should arrive during fall and I am now back from summer vacation so that means that summer is over now yes? Next week would be great for a new pack.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited July 2019
    Remember reading that it should arrive during fall and I am now back from summer vacation so that means that summer is over now yes? Next week would be great for a new pack.

Love that enthusiasm! I wish it was coming next week...

This is why I want them to go ahead and announce Moschino Stuff. Release it and get it out of the way, so they can start talking about RoM!

baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    Witches, and potions, spells, cottagey build buy options. Perhaps fairies. The ability to make charms - and to have an impact. I want something we do with our Sims to actually effect them. And gameplay, almost anything would be good as long as it genuinely adds something new we can do with our Sims and to our sims so they are not just always on the same endless cycle.
  • OhhSweetChocolateOhhSweetChocolate Posts: 2 New Member
    I hope we get "silly" spells like clean up the house, toardification, and more serious spell like resurrection and maybe even something like reincarnation. And I hope to not see the Sims 2 evil with VS good witch again. I want be able to cast good AND bad dpells not good or bad.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    the g word is a slur towards romani people so i'm hoping they call the outfit or potential npc just a fortune teller, not the g word.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    > @cheescaeks said:
    > the g word is a slur towards romani people so i'm hoping they call the outfit or potential npc just a fortune teller, not the g word.

Yes. I've been using Hollywood Roma (because it's the Hollywood version of what the Romani are) or Neo-Bohemian for that aesthetic.
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited July 2019
    Dear EA, Can we skip to where you just talk to us / share with us information about Realm of Magic ? No? ... Okay... #feelsbad. Ugh. I need Information yesterday! Q_Q I want to know what types of witches we'll be able to create and exactly how it'll all work and I am very much hoping for some kind of system like Vampires where there can be consequences (weaknesses) to your 'paths'. Hoping for maybe... different elemental paths and being able to manipulate fire, water, earth, etc.. That would be super interesting.

I would also love to have every single item in that 🐸🐸🐸🐸/Fortune-teller's concept art room! I love that the eyes are glowing on the voo-doo masks and that voo-doo ritual table like thing against the wall with candles. And the necklaces/beads.
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    the g word is a slur towards romani people so i'm hoping they call the outfit or potential npc just a fortune teller, not the g word.

Since when has 🐸🐸🐸🐸 been a slur or offensive word?
    I didn't know it was.
  • jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    I want a waterwheel. Like the Sanderson Sisters had in Hocus Pocus.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    jadonbakes wrote: »
    I want a waterwheel. Like the Sanderson Sisters had in Hocus Pocus.

Yes to this!

Would be even better if it was also functional because it would be perfect for an off the grid or eco-friendly type lot.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.