Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weird neck issue - anyone else?

MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
Since Answers HQ is glitching up and not letting me submit a bug report (oh the irony!) I thought I'd post here. When wearing a particular dress from the luxury party stuff pack my sim gets a weird black line on her neck. This is without mods and I have never had any CC. Is anyone else experiencing this?

The glitch:
j6hIdnb.jpg?1

The troublesome dress:
6qvGcHe.png?2

While I'm here can I also complain that the 'capture UI' function is still broken
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Yes, I think I've gotten that too. I also recently found a dress that glitches those fancy Genie shoes from City Living (I think). One shoe gets discolored.

I believe it's caused by bad meshing. They really need to go through their CAS stuff and fix a few things.
    #Team Occult
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited July 2019
    I'm so glad you made this thread. I've been seeing this lately in my game and I actually thought it was something wrong with my graphics. It's good to know that it's not just me seeing this and that it's probably a game related issue.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    They really need to go through their CAS stuff and fix a few things.

They really do! I don’t hold out much hope though :(
    @Sharonia glad it’s not just me! My graphics chip is pretty good so it must be a game issue. Are you able to create a bug report on this? I wanted to create one but it’s not submitting for me. I feel like they should know about it, even though they’ll probably do nothing to fix it.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I havent encountered bug like this, but I do have weird neck issue sometimes like female sims having an adam's apple.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    theres a few clothing items that cause glitches, especially base game is notoriously bad about it

they seriously need to fix the meshes on a few items
    Ah it’s a shame that there’s nothing that can be done about this. It’s such an pretty dress.
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    I had a similar problem except the lines were on each side of my sims face around the cheeks back toward the ears.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited July 2019
    I haven't noticed this yet, but I have had a few issues with certain clothing items e.g. socks not showing on certain trousers, bracelets/watches not showing on the male trousers with braces outfit from Get Famous (instead you can see a little triangle on their hand similar to your neck issue). I reported the latter since it's an outfit I use a lot, but so far it hasn't been fixed. I know they are little things, but they just really bug me so I know how you feel.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    edited July 2019
    There's also a top, either base game or City Living, which makes the sim look like she's stuffing her bra.

And at least one other top that makes the neck weird , but in a different way. The neck bulges instead.

And all the glasses float in front of the sims noses. Makes me not want to put glasses on sims.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    One of my sims has that under her eyes.
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I'll have to check that one out.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • roaringlizardroaringlizard Posts: 6 New Member
    > @MaggieMarley said:
    > Since Answers HQ is glitching up and not letting me submit a bug report (oh the irony!) I thought I'd post here. When wearing a particular dress from the luxury party stuff pack my sim gets a weird black line on her neck. This is without mods and I have never had any CC. Is anyone else experiencing this?
    >
    > The glitch:
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    > The troublesome dress:
    >
    >
    > While I'm here can I also complain that the 'capture UI' function is still broken

Still happening
  • roaringlizardroaringlizard Posts: 6 New Member
    > @roaringlizard said:
    >
    > Still happening

The black line on the neck. Actually, it just started happening with the last update. It wasn't doing it before.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    I havent encountered bug like this, but I do have weird neck issue sometimes like female sims having an adam's apple.

I didn't know any of my male Sims had adam's apples. Is that a mod you use?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I've seen this a couple of times in CAS but not noticable during gameplay, for me anyway.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Willows202Willows202 Posts: 1 New Member
    I’m have this issue now and it’s only ingame and I know it’s small but it’s really annoying.. anyone know how I can get rid of it
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    most likely something they are wearing is bugged you could try to change parts of the outfit /hair or such and see if the problem stays
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top