Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Should My First YouTube Video Be?

Hello! The title says it all. I would make a poll, but I couldn't find the option for it. I just want to know your personal favourite type of videos to watch and what a new YouTuber could realistically handle. Thanks, guys! Super excited!

1. A Let's Play of Rags to Riches
2. Vampire Let's Play/Turn the Town
3. A Let's Build
4. A Story-Based LP

Comments

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    edited June 2019
    Hello! My favorite type of vids to watch is those story based or game tip based. I never watch speed builds or general LPs because I need those minutes for playing my own game and making my own stories/vids. Wish I could play more often, and even watch more vids made by others.

I'd recommend making the stories/vids you enjoy the most. Viewers come and go, so especially regarding series you must find something you will continue doing even if number of viewers drops. I personally make several series with different approach, making for some variety (for myself). If you have fun, it's still worth it :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • whimreaperwhimreaper Posts: 361 Member
    @Simmerville Thanks for the advice! I really love building and I think I decided that my first video (as it won't get too many views anyway), should be something I like. I think I'm going to try out a let's build just to get a feel for making videos.
  • Pcom77Pcom77 Posts: 34 Member
    whimreaper wrote: »
    @Simmerville Thanks for the advice! I really love building and I think I decided that my first video (as it won't get too many views anyway), should be something I like. I think I'm going to try out a let's build just to get a feel for making videos.

Yeah, you should definitely go with what you're comfortable with first!
  • PrettySkengPrettySkeng Posts: 8 New Member
    Heyy I'm having the same problem. I don't know where to start! Can anyone recommend any good recording software?
  • MadisonSimmMadisonSimm Posts: 8 New Member
    Oh my gosh, you guys, we can totally form a support group!!! I just posted my first speed build on youtube!!! Youtube: MadisonSimm

(I want to get better at this! Would love to hear what you think of the build!)

I just recorded the whole video using the quicktime player on my mac and added the voiceover via iMovie.

It was a pretty interesting experience, watching myself build and making a voiceover for the very first time!
  • whimreaperwhimreaper Posts: 361 Member
    @PrettySkeng Since making this thread, I've uploaded quite a few videos and have been using OBS recording software. It's free and very easy to use; I haven't had any issues with it, but the one downside is that you can't pause recordings: you must create several clips and edit them together instead (which is especially painful in speed builds).
  • FinnadoraFinnadora Posts: 87 Member
    That was smart on your part to start with a speed build. I feel like something easy like build or story video is generally easier, starting with a LP is hard when you don't have a dedicated audience, especially when it's long.
  • PrettySkengPrettySkeng Posts: 8 New Member
    @whimreaper
    Thank you so much, I have recently discovered filmora but thanks. I would REALLY appreciate if you would watch my videos too. New content is coming soon.

youtu.be/xIi3dS1Zakc