Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Decided to install sims 3 today

asking myself why did i ever buy 286 items from the sims 3 store.

trying to download everything and the download dashboard is sooooooooooo slooooow.
im over an hour atleast and only at about 70. ugh

Comments

• MiSFiT203MiSFiT203 Posts: 278 Member
    edited July 2019
    well... i finally finished, love the 100s of pop ups to click thru at the end, that was a nice touch. now to play a real sims game :)
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited July 2019
    Feel free to send me a friend request then!

My user on it is DollyGizzy
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
    @rubyskywalker done, thanks
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    I feel your pain. I have soooo many pages of store stuff that I absolutely dread every time I have to reinstall them. :lol: Hope you have fun playing :smiley:
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,745 Member
    I keep all store installers on a hard-drive. Whenever I have to re-install them, I get them from there.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Welcome back!
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    I know what you mean! I've taken to installing as I miss items, so I don't get so bogged down with it.
    Enjoy!
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
    edited July 2019
    thanks for the replies guys (n gals), yeah i had 6 pages to go thru, at some point at like page 4, somehow all the rest decided to install on its own without me telling it to. not sure that was supposed to happen, but im glad, it was nice when i scrolled down and seen the rest of the page installed and then went to next page and same thing. lol. first i started with as many i could click before it would freeze, then i went to 2 at a time cause previous method was too slow, then i got so bored i switched to window mode to do other things and that seemed to speed things up so i went to 6 at a time lol. took hours but was so glad when i was done.

now if i can just decide on a world i wanna play. recently bought island paradise so was gonna play that world but its so mountainy and lacking in space, i used to tend to like using showtime venues, but their is just no room there for them.
    edited July 2019
    as you all know im just coming back to the the sims 3 from sims 4.

ok so i only been playing like 20 minutes today and my 2 sims i have learning guitar and drums, my drummer was watching my guitarist and she upped a skill level, my drummer got excited about it and cheered for her.

boy do i miss things like this. <3:)

I've become so well rehearsed at whats wrong with sims 4, but its been so long that i really forgot what it feels like to play sims 3.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2019
    @MiSFiT203 - Your sim got excited and cheered because they no longer have to suffer from hearing the low quality guitar noise all day long. >:)

If I have to put up with what low skill level sims do to Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star on the violin before they skill up for one more day...okay, this is my fault for using NRaas Relativity to throttle skill gains and make everything more complicated to advance through, but that scratchy mess is enough to make anyone bleed from their eardrums. I try to send my sims out to the garage or some other out of the way place to practice until they get good enough to play in the company of others (and me). :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    @igazor wow that makes the game even better, guess its more complex than im giving it credit for lmao.
    well i'm already starting to show signs of a pattern addiction. guess my days of playing sims 3 are already over. i cant play if i keep downloading more patterns. :(:(:( lol
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2019
    MiSFiT203 wrote: »
    well i'm already starting to show signs of a pattern addiction. guess my days of playing sims 3 are already over. i cant play if i keep downloading more patterns. :(:(:( lol
    Fear not, you have come to the right place. I believe we have someone who can help you with that.

Paging Dr. @CravenLestat :)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    lol good to hear
    edited July 2019
    think this is my first time having an Origin dependant sims 3 game, ugh its so frustrating. wish i never bought DLC's from Origin. I live in florida where the power goes out basically almost everyday due to daily thunderstorms. this just happened to me. so rather than booting up my pc and jumping back into game, i have to wait for my super slow to boot modem to decide to finally connect just so i can play a game i never needed Origin to play? *sigh i hate the digital age, its so convenient til its not.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    You did well honestly. :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    think this is my first time having an Origin dependant sims 3 game, ugh its so frustrating. wish i never bought DLC's from Origin. I live in florida where the power goes out basically almost everyday due to daily thunderstorms. this just happened to me. so rather than booting up my pc and jumping back into game, i have to wait for my super slow to boot modem to decide to finally connect just so i can play a game i never needed Origin to play? *sigh i hate the digital age, its so convenient til its not.

You can set your game to offline mode and play without being online. Not sure how to do that though. I know I did it a few years ago but dont have Origin on my new computer. I repurchased disk copies of my digital expansions so i could play without patch 1.69 and Origin.

I hope you continue to have fun with your game.
    edited July 2019
    @Karritz thanks,

yeah i thought when i started the sims 3 that Origin would go into offline mode since i had no internet, but it wanted me to sign in, but obviously you cant sign in online to go offline when you cant access internet. why have an offline mode that requires online? kinda rediculous.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    edited July 2019
    @Karritz thanks,

yeah i thought when i started the sims 3 that Origin would go into offline mode since i had no internet, but it wanted me to sign in, but obviously you cant sign in online to go offline when you cant access internet. why have an offline mode that requires online? kinda rediculous.

You have to set it to Offline mode manually. Do it next time you go online and leave it in offline mode. That way it will be offline automatically when you next load the game.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    I disconnect from the internet manually before I even click on the little icon I pinned to my bar. Origin likes to mess with my game if I don't.
    Just added into the future, supernatural and movie stuff to my collection. all i need now is university and i think 3 more stuff packs and i'll finally be done. :)
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    I disconnect from the internet manually before I even click on the little icon I pinned to my bar. Origin likes to mess with my game if I don't.

Genius. I never thought to do this! I have like 4 or 5 expansions/stuff packs that I don't even install onto my computer because I never play them (I really don't like them, honestly) but as soon as Origin pops on, it immediately tries to download them. So frustrating!

@MiSFiT203 I hear you on the power stuff! I'm not in FL but recently moved to a rural area from a city and the thunderstorms are not playing around here, lol! Power goes out and satellite internet....not fun!
    @StephSteb sure isnt, already had one storm today, luckily my power survived this round. what makes it most annoying is that the power doesnt even stay out. i guess thats a good thing, its just annoying in the way that it goes out for 1 second, comes right back on.. i try to reboot my pc and next thing i know another lightning strike or rumble of thunder and boom its right back out again. one day last week it went out 6 times in 10 minutes. its like make up your mind, either go out or dont. for most people it wouldnt be a big deal, they can play with their mobile phones til storm is gone. but i cant afford a phone, my pc is all i got. cant believe it survived 10 years with all the power outtages ive had since i moved here in 2013.
    I have everything except KP installed. Origin keeps unchecking my packs which causes crashing. So same problem but at the opposite end. I do live in Fl near Orlando. I finally caved in and shelled out for a decent surge protector with battery backup. It gives me time to save when the power goes out.
    Now I need something to protect my keyboard from my cats.
  • thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    I just got back into TS3 too! One of the biggest differences are the kinds of mods I need vs what I needed for TS4.

For TS4, I had so many gameplay mods. And fixes. For TS3, the content's already there [haha...], so I went crazy with CC downloads.
    Which, I should mention, were also few. Thank you, CaST!! @_@