March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MCCC

JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
Is there another MC command center mod that can be downloaded or is Deaderpool the only option? I deleted the deaderpool one due to constant error notifications. I used it mainly to control the type of sims that get generated into my game, especially keeping those with repetitive Middle Eastern/Asian names to a minimum; but now since IL the game only generates Polynesian named sims with the flower head dresses by the dozen....it’s like it went from one extreme to the other. There are other packs in the game besides IL and CL, you think it would generate accordingly.

Comments

• wheelochwheeloch Posts: 23 Member
    I don't know of any other mod that controls so much, but you can find many mods that address individual aspects of MCCC. I just found a mod called "No/Less City Living/Island Living NPC names!" on modthesims (I can't post links yet, sorry). Hopefully that works for you!

Also (you might already know, just making sure), even though the notifications from MCCC are definitely annoying, it's just relaying the error. Whatever was causing those errors is still occurring in your game.
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    edited July 2019
    Ok thanks a lot @wheeloch I will have to check out both. The error issue didn’t come about until I had IL downloaded, so I hope it’s an easy fix.
  • WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    Here's the link to the names mod: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=614664
    I use it and love it.

Also, there could be some mods that need updating if you are getting LE notifs from MCC. Hopefully the ones you use have updates available. Good luck!
    Origin ID: Wyrren
    Yeah I’m researching it and it’s stating that there might be other mods causing issues with MCCC, but MCCC is the only one I had when it started acting up consistently. I have since added a “tattoo artist” career mod, but none of the exceptions is showing anything related to that. I re-downloaded Deaderpool’s and repaired my game again and I’m going to see what happens. If it continues I will be using the site to find individual mods provided, thanks @Wyrren.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    I use the "Less CL/IL names" too and I love it. Actually seeing some different names for once is lovely
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I get the mccc errors too but I just ignore them. I barely have any other mods in my game. The errors aren't caused by mccc it's just telling you that errors are present in the game. I've been getting them more since Island Living released but I figure that's because it's a buggy mess.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    There's a help topic for MCCC in the Mods section of this forum. CC can also throw LE errors. There's a also a list of what mods and cc are reported broken and fixed for each of the major releases.
    edited July 2019
    Ok the MCCC I had before was the 6.1.0 which was the latest version before the April 2019 patch. I downloaded the 6.3.2 version which was tested after the June 2019 patch, and so far I haven’t had any error issues. Thanks everyone for your help, much appreciated! 😀
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    A lot of the names I get in the name generator I swear are sports ball players names. lol
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    @JC1979

MCCC isn’t causing those last exception errors, it’s simply notifying you that something is wrong with your game. Most likely it’s CC or mod related.

So while you can remove MCCC and avoid these notifications, the underlying problems will still be there.
    @So_Money I figured it. I downloaded the newest version of MCCC and now it works fine. I don’t have any CC, and the only mod other than MCCC is the tattoo career mod that I downloaded recently. So I think maybe the version I had was not compatible with most recent patch.