Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Members Club - Come On In!

Comments

• AwkwardElfAwkwardElf Posts: 18 Member
    Thank you for the warm welcome @rosemow ! And thanks for the hugs :) My PTSD has become quite managable over the last few years, so I'm quite alright.
    AnxiousPeacefulBorderterrier-size_restricted.gif
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    AwkwardElf wrote: »
    Thank you for the warm welcome @rosemow ! And thanks for the hugs :) My PTSD has become quite managable over the last few years, so I'm quite alright.

You’re welcome! :)
  • coodaidsimscoodaidsims Posts: 9 New Member
    Hey, i'm coolaidsims! I'm not new to the sims, i've been playing since 2012. but i'm new to forums! i'm excited to be part of this community!

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ?
    for the Sims 4, i'd have to go with university life. It was my only expansion pack, and I still had so much fun with the game. For the Sims 4, GTW! I love making a new business and running it. The active careers are amazing too! I also love the addition of baking to the game!
    Building! It's so easy and fun to start building a house, and with the different type of furniture that you can get from each pack, there's a lot of possibilities!

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?
    MC Command Center and IU Cheats. I use MC Command center because of sims pregnancy and story progression. I use IU Cheats to cheat my sim's skills quicker and take care of my sims faster.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?
    Try a new challenge once in a while. I always find it boring to have a normal gameplay, (you know, starting off with a sim, having a job, finding a lover, having kids.) because I always get bored. If there's challenge, then I feel more into the gameplay. Or if you don't want to start challenges, then try making a story for the sim your making. It's always the little stuff that counts.

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    My favorite thing about the Sims 4 is the cooking skill. Especially if you have GTW! There's three branches to cooking, so I find that fun, and I really wish to have a sim that has mastered the cooking, gourmet, and baking skill. But my least favorite thing are the loading screens. I'm not asking for open world, though! I think it would be nice if neighborhoods were open world, so that it would be easier to have a good relationship with your neighbors!
    Hey, i'm coolaidsims! I'm not new to the sims, i've been playing since 2012. but i'm new to forums! i'm excited to be part of this community!

for the Sims 4, i'd have to go with university life. It was my only expansion pack, and I still had so much fun with the game. For the Sims 4, GTW! I love making a new business and running it. The active careers are amazing too! I also love the addition of baking to the game!
    Building! It's so easy and fun to start building a house, and with the different type of furniture that you can get from each pack, there's a lot of possibilities!

MC Command Center and IU Cheats. I use MC Command center because of sims pregnancy and story progression. I use IU Cheats to cheat my sim's skills quicker and take care of my sims faster.

Try a new challenge once in a while. I always find it boring to have a normal gameplay, (you know, starting off with a sim, having a job, finding a lover, having kids.) because I always get bored. If there's challenge, then I feel more into the gameplay. Or if you don't want to start challenges, then try making a story for the sim your making. It's always the little stuff that counts.

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    My favorite thing about the Sims 4 is the cooking skill. Especially if you have GTW! There's three branches to cooking, so I find that fun, and I really wish to have a sim that has mastered the cooking, gourmet, and baking skill. But my least favorite thing are the loading screens. I'm not asking for open world, though! I think it would be nice if neighborhoods were open world, so that it would be easier to have a good relationship with your neighbors!

Hello @coodaidsims :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    GTW is a great Sims 4 pack! It is nice having our sims fun stores or enjoy visiting them to buy goods. The active careers are great! It is nice going to work with our sims! I like the cooking skills also! It is great that there are three types of cooking skills.
    Challenges are fun and enjoyable to do! They often encourage us to play in a new way than how we usually play, and we discover new things at the same time!
    Happy simming! :)
  • cait32cait32 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi! I have been playing the sims for almost a year now and love it soooo much!

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why?
    I'd have to say either parenthood or seasons. They just add so much to the game! I'm still adding to my collection (and spending all my money in the process)

I use the in-game cheats for building and sometimes money, and ofc mods! I love mods, in your computer supports them they add soooo much gameplay!

Like I said above mods and cc. They add so much to your game plus they are free! My favorite mod is definitely the slice of life mod.

I do, its the only one I've played. I got Sims 3 at a book sale (lol) but I haven't really played it. My favorite thing is how you can be kids and design your own life. That's really why I play the sims. You can also make anything happen! My least favorite things are how there is a lot of loading and everything costs so much, but what's new? Everything costs so much. At least I didn't spend my allowance on sims this month...

:smile: -cait32
    cait32 wrote: »
    Hi! I have been playing the sims for almost a year now and love it soooo much!

I'd have to say either parenthood or seasons. They just add so much to the game! I'm still adding to my collection (and spending all my money in the process)

I use the in-game cheats for building and sometimes money, and ofc mods! I love mods, in your computer supports them they add soooo much gameplay!

Like I said above mods and cc. They add so much to your game plus they are free! My favorite mod is definitely the slice of life mod.

I do, its the only one I've played. I got Sims 3 at a book sale (lol) but I haven't really played it. My favorite thing is how you can be kids and design your own life. That's really why I play the sims. You can also make anything happen! My least favorite things are how there is a lot of loading and everything costs so much, but what's new? Everything costs so much. At least I didn't spend my allowance on sims this month...

:smile: -cait32

Hello @cait32 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    Parenthood and Seasons are great packs! It is very special seeing the interactions between family members <3 It is lovely seeing our sims experiencing the different weather conditions and doing seasonal activities and events. The changing landscape is lovely!
    I hope you will enjoy reading the forum threads and posting posts.
  • thegamermegthegamermeg Posts: 19 Member
    Hi! I've been playing the sims for 4 years now, and I have always loved building. I'm just starting to get into some fun live mode challenges now!!

Some Questions to Get You Started
    I love seasons and Island living because of all of the visuals and cool build/buy mode items. I also love Laundry day because the items really fit my style.

2. What is your favorite thing about the game?
    I love the freedom of building. I almost went to school to become an interior decorator, so this lets me live out that dream a little.

I always have the moveobjects cheat on. If I'm really going into detail on a build, I'll use showhiddenobjects. I usually build in free build mode, so money usually isn't something I need to cheat in.

For build mode, definitely push yourself to try new things. I find I use a lot of white in my builds, and I've been trying to get out of that habit. It's made my builds a lot more interesting and diverse.

I've only ever played the sims 4, so I don't really have anything to compare it to. I would definitely like to give sims 3 a try to see what build mode is like there. I really like how in the sims 4, I can be creative with my builds. It's been a really good creative outlet for me over the years. If there was one thing that I could change, I would love to see the ability to add/create my own lots. I saw James Turner/Sim Supply do it in the sims 2 a while back, and I think that it would be a cool feature in the game.

I'm hoping to become a full member soon, so that I can post a challenge that I have been working on creating. I want to be able to share it with others, and see what they think of it.

- Meg
    Hi! I've been playing the sims for 4 years now, and I have always loved building. I'm just starting to get into some fun live mode challenges now!!

Some Questions to Get You Started
    I love seasons and Island living because of all of the visuals and cool build/buy mode items. I also love Laundry day because the items really fit my style.

I love the freedom of building. I almost went to school to become an interior decorator, so this lets me live out that dream a little.

I always have the moveobjects cheat on. If I'm really going into detail on a build, I'll use showhiddenobjects. I usually build in free build mode, so money usually isn't something I need to cheat in.

For build mode, definitely push yourself to try new things. I find I use a lot of white in my builds, and I've been trying to get out of that habit. It's made my builds a lot more interesting and diverse.

I've only ever played the sims 4, so I don't really have anything to compare it to. I would definitely like to give sims 3 a try to see what build mode is like there. I really like how in the sims 4, I can be creative with my builds. It's been a really good creative outlet for me over the years. If there was one thing that I could change, I would love to see the ability to add/create my own lots. I saw James Turner/Sim Supply do it in the sims 2 a while back, and I think that it would be a cool feature in the game.

I'm hoping to become a full member soon, so that I can post a challenge that I have been working on creating. I want to be able to share it with others, and see what they think of it.

- Meg

Hello @thegamermeg :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    Seasons and Island Living are great packs! Sulani is a very pretty, peaceful and restful world! With Seasons, it is great seeing our sims experiencing the varied weather conditions and enjoying doing the seasonal activities. The changing landscapes are lovely!
    Building is a very special part of simming! It allows us to express our creativity through the game and have fun at the same time! It is very nice that we can bring our interior decorating ideas into sims gameform!
    It is great that you are planning to share a challenge when you become a full member :)
  • DionyzuzDionyzuz Posts: 17 Member
    I'm a long time sims 4 and sims in general fan, I wanna share this story i put a lot of effort and time, but I cant post it as im not a member. I would love to share it in this place to get more traction if you guys can help me become a member a little faster that would be the so kind and I promise I wont disappoint!

Take a look an i promise you I'm a big sims 4 fan and the link below is the proof!
    Help me become a member so i can post it here pretty please!

www.tumblr.com/blog/pandoraxboxcreations
    Dionyzuz wrote: »
    I'm a long time sims 4 and sims in general fan, I wanna share this story i put a lot of effort and time, but I cant post it as im not a member. I would love to share it in this place to get more traction if you guys can help me become a member a little faster that would be the so kind and I promise I wont disappoint!

Take a look an i promise you I'm a big sims 4 fan and the link below is the proof!
    Help me become a member so i can post it here pretty please!

www.tumblr.com/blog/pandoraxboxcreations

Hello @Dionyzuz :) It is nice to meet you.
    You have the required points, and just need to post two more posts and you will then be a full member :)
  • DionyzuzDionyzuz Posts: 17 Member
    Do I have enough points just missing the post! well thank you rosemow! this is my 15th post then!
    Dionyzuz wrote: »
    Do I have enough points just missing the post! well thank you rosemow! this is my 15th post then!

Helllo @Dionyzuz
    Try logging out of the site then logging back in again and see if that shows you as a full member

• thegamermegthegamermeg Posts: 19 Member
    @rosemow it happened!!! I'll be posting the first draft of my challenge soon!!

• LunalaWolfLunalaWolf Posts: 8 New Member
    Hello! I am LunalaWolf.
    I don't actually know if I am classified as a 'new member' but I don't think I've participated in the forums since I somehow ended up with two EA accounts. I first ordered the sims off one of those book magazines they hand out at school. The OG Sims. Cannot believe they were selling it to kids my age by happy they were! I generally like the animal related expansions first. Sims 3 Pets was the best by far. Seconded by Making Magic.
    edited July 2019
    LunalaWolf wrote: »
    Hello! I am LunalaWolf.
    I don't actually know if I am classified as a 'new member' but I don't think I've participated in the forums since I somehow ended up with two EA accounts. I first ordered the sims off one of those book magazines they hand out at school. The OG Sims. Cannot believe they were selling it to kids my age by happy they were! I generally like the animal related expansions first. Sims 3 Pets was the best by far. Seconded by Making Magic.

Hello @LunalaWolf :) It is nice to meet you.
    It is great that you have been simming since the release of the original Sims 1. You would have many special memories of fun times spent simming over the years. The pets themed packs are great! Sims pets are very cute! Unicorns in Sims 3 are lovely!
  • LunalaWolfLunalaWolf Posts: 8 New Member
    Thanks @rosemow!
    The Sims was definitely a big part of my life growing up and is something I bonded with some of my (still) best friends over tje past 10+ years. I was definitely happy to get horses and unicorns in the sims 3 and am so impressed with where the game is!
    LunalaWolf wrote: »
    Thanks @rosemow!
    The Sims was definitely a big part of my life growing up and is something I bonded with some of my (still) best friends over tje past 10+ years. I was definitely happy to get horses and unicorns in the sims 3 and am so impressed with where the game is!

You’re welcome :)
  • alian_queenalian_queen Posts: 5 New Member
    Hola! I JUST got sims 3 after years of not playing my favorite sims game, Castaway. That game was the bomb!

1. I don't have Expansion packs I just have Sims 3 but I want to get Ambitions and Island Living before getting sims 4. When I was younger I played the Sims castaway on PSP it's always been my favorite game.

2. My favorite thing about the game is making my sims look like aliens (with eye and face modifications) and the clothes with CC. And building homes is also really fun. Or making my sims paint or write. Also that I can edit the people.

3. I'm pretty new to Sims computer game so I use Nraas only to change around my sims in CAS whenever I want lol. I like making all my sims and their friends/family look like aliens so it is QUITE handy.

4. The Nraas mod for aging up is handy. And the downloadable CC online is SO Cool and adds zaz to the game.

5. One day I would like to get Sims 4 on sale. I know I just missed a sale! lol oh well. :)
    Hola! I JUST got sims 3 after years of not playing my favorite sims game, Castaway. That game was the bomb!

1. I don't have Expansion packs I just have Sims 3 but I want to get Ambitions and Island Living before getting sims 4. When I was younger I played the Sims castaway on PSP it's always been my favorite game.

2. My favorite thing about the game is making my sims look like aliens (with eye and face modifications) and the clothes with CC. And building homes is also really fun. Or making my sims paint or write. Also that I can edit the people.

3. I'm pretty new to Sims computer game so I use Nraas only to change around my sims in CAS whenever I want lol. I like making all my sims and their friends/family look like aliens so it is QUITE handy.

4. The Nraas mod for aging up is handy. And the downloadable CC online is SO Cool and adds zaz to the game.

5. One day I would like to get Sims 4 on sale. I know I just missed a sale! lol oh well. :)

Hello @alian_queen :) It is nice to meet you, Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing Sims Castaway on PSP and now own the Sims 3 base game. I hope that you will soon be able to buy Ambitions and Island Living also. All sims versions are fun to play!
    I hope that you will enjoy reading and posting on the forum threads.
    Happy simmimg! :)
  • RaichisimsRaichisims Posts: 61 Member
    Hi everyone, I've been playing sims since the first game came out. I like how beautiful sims 4 is, but really wish for more ablity to interact with the environment. If I see a bunch of rocks I want my sims to climb them. E.g. the vulcano in Sulani would be nice if our sims could throw rocks in it or have some other cool interactions. I'm a little sad that I can't change my avatar since it also shows on my library submissions and that's just a pity. Suppose I have to go make some comments before I can unlock the avatar thing. :( I just wish the forum avatar was seperate from the library avatar since the two hardly have anything to do with each other.
    Raichisims wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I've been playing sims since the first game came out. I like how beautiful sims 4 is, but really wish for more ablity to interact with the environment. If I see a bunch of rocks I want my sims to climb them. E.g. the vulcano in Sulani would be nice if our sims could throw rocks in it or have some other cool interactions. I'm a little sad that I can't change my avatar since it also shows on my library submissions and that's just a pity. Suppose I have to go make some comments before I can unlock the avatar thing. :( I just wish the forum avatar was seperate from the library avatar since the two hardly have anything to do with each other.

Hello @Raichisims :) It is nice to meet you,
    You have required posts and points to become a full member .Try logging out of the site then logging back in again and see if that shows you as a full member
    You can then change your Avi forums picture.
    With the Gallery picture, you can change it within your origin account settings, This explains how to do it
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/Can-t-Change-My-Profile-Picture-on-Origin/m-p/2624426/highlight/true#M52701
    Happy simming :)
  • RaichisimsRaichisims Posts: 61 Member
    Wait so they ARE seperate? :o Awesome! Thank you so much!
  • captcaroldancaptcaroldan Posts: 1 New Member
    hello, i'm captcaroldan and i'm quite new to both the sims and the forums. really excited to become a part of this community! :relaxed:

i don't actually have any expansion/stuff packs, aside from the free holiday stuff, but i'm really interested in get to work, cats and dogs, and seasons. island living also looks really cool, but maybe that's just because i've always loved mermaids, ever since i was younger, hahaha.

i'm still in awe of all the things you can do in the game, but i probably like cas the most. i find it really cool that you can create someone so unique. i also like the level of freedom the build/buy mode gives me, in the sense that i can create (almost) anything i imagine. i like seeing things in my head come to life, albeit virtual life, in front of me.

in my first game, i used the motherlode cheat quite a lot. but since then, i've learnt that working hard in the sims is a much more fulfilling way to play. but i still play with cheats, usually moveobjects, sometimes enable.gameplayunlocksentitlement (did i type that right?). recently i've had to use the debug on my toddlers since some weird bug has them refusing to put down toys they pick up from toyboxes, which is why i stopped buying the toyboxes altogether. i've also had to use the debug on teen/older sims who refuse to actually sleep even though i tell them to sleep. other than that, i try not to give myself too much money.

i don't have many, since most i know are either already common knowledge or just passed to me by my sister (who is actually partly the reason why i am into this game). perhaps one thing i can share (if everyone didn't already know yet) is that you can easily take care of a toddler with low attention if you make it hug a big stuffed animal. it goes without saying that talking with the animal also raises the communication skill. that piece of information really helped me while i was doing the 100 baby challenge, haha. and maybe a tip? explore everything. every. single. thing. you might come across things you've never seen before.

the only one i have is sims 4, since i downloaded it while it was free. however, i am quite familiar with the sims 3, since when i was younger my sister used to play it and i'd eagerly watch. most of our summers together consisted of afternoons like that. just me watching her play. i'd say one thing i really like about the sims 4 is the amount of creative freedom you have. you can edit almost everything down to the smallest details. it's amazing! i also like how smooth the interface is. it's so nice to look at. but comparing it to what i remember from the sims 3, there are a few features i wish they'd bring back. i hate that when i send a sim somewhere i can't easily switch control between that sim and any sims left at home. i have to leave the other sims on their own, and i can't control them. i remember that it wasn't that way in the sims 4. i also wish they'd bring back cars, bikes, and transportation in general. that was fun.

it's really nice to be here, and i hope to meet lots of nice people. let's all get along! :relaxed: