Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you prefer Normal, long or short life span? (no modded answers) please .

EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
"Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Do you prefer Normal, long or short life span? (no modded answers) please . 235 votes

Normal Span
40%
Akl500PBluegayleSimCrazyvancanuckfan86GoldmoldaricmnfrshGRIMMYbrackencat31Kita5399EuphorialQueenHejixaprilrosePlayerSinger2010Mi9shaoscarsimm621SimQueenie9Mariefoxprice83freindlylolcchant86Simpkin 95 votes
Long span
57%
SkewedReality04bshag4lvGalacticGalSimplyRedLaBlue0314bandit5IceyJstoryyrudolphaColorist40SleepycatDSLmcruddAntoniaBaybeeJanlScrapdashhuandluBloosmooStrangerthanbabajayneamandajoy27 134 votes
Short Span
2%
MartinvDarkLady2788sillyangel0906PenguinBudgieMyriadSimsflauschtrud 6 votes

Comments

• MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    Long span
    When I turn it on (on rare occasions) I prefer long.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Normal Span
    Normal for me. I like doing Legacy Challenges, so I've just gotten used to it and never looked back.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Normal Span
    Before I used MCCC I preferred Normal. Short was way too short and long was way too long.
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    edited July 2019
    Long span
    Long all the way. And aging off on played households.
    origin ID: adduapina
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I keep aging off most of the time anyway.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    I turned aging off after 2 months of playing, and haven't turned it on since. I played epic in TS3 also, and mostly with fairies that practically live forever, with over 2000 days.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2019
    Aging off - like super long - I played epic aging in Sims 3 - Sims 4 long is not long enough and they don't offer epic aging - so I turn aging off in all characters and age them up myself as I see fit. I would prefer epic aging with additional sliders like in Sims 3 - but it is what it is.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Aging is never on. I never manually age up any of my Sims either.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,119 Member
    Long span
    Normal and short are too...well short...for me and I always feel rushed. Although, long tends to be too long and I grow a bit bored. I wish we could set each life stage individually.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    Normal Span
    short is just way too short. i've never played long because i know i would get bored, though i probably should try it before i say that for sure
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Normal Span
    With or without MCCC, i use normal.
  • LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    Long span
    I play with aging off, so Long life span is the closest, with Short or Normal life span for unplayed households.
  • izacrieszizacriesz Posts: 4 New Member
    Long span
    I don't want to see my sims die so I prefer long.
    btw I turned off ageing since I started playing this game ;)
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    I normally play with aging off or a custom lifespan. I do currently have a save on normal but it all feels so rushed.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Long span
    Long gives me more time to develop my sims as characters.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • WenzelWenzel Posts: 75 Member
    Normal Span
    Normal.

If I have too much time with a sim, it feels as if nothing he/she does really matters.

If time is short, by contrast, every click and every decision gains more importance. Opting for A means that you'll not have the time for for B anymore. This leaves sims more "incomplete" and less maxxed out. It makes the "work-life" balance more challenging. Also, it forces you to say good bye to sims you've grown accustomed too. See them age faster than you'd like. And sometimes, you'll feel sorry (I wished I had given you a better life!). This increases the emotional appeal of the game imho.
  • RosybearRosybear Posts: 51 Member
    Normal Span
    I get sooooo bored if there's no sense of time passing or progression in the game! Altho I get very attached to sims, I also almost like the bittersweetness you get eg when your founder sim finally dies - it makes it feel more like they've lived a good life and are passing something down to the next generation etc.... I dunnooo I just love the natural feel!
  • Cest_si_BonCest_si_Bon Posts: 50 Member
    Long span
    I was getting sad watching my sim self and sim version of my husband getting old, so I changed it to long. I feel that I can relax more this way and don't have to rush to accomplish what I want to before they get "too old". I love that we have the option to choose the life span.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    Normal Span
    Normal for the most part but my current main save is on Long lifespan.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    Long span
    Long feels too long whereas normal too short. I'm currently playing long but not really happy with it.
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited July 2019
    Normal Span
    Normal! I like to play with my Sims to the top of their careers and aspirations - short is too short for that. As I like to wait for their birthdays to age them up, time goes too slow for me when playing long lifespan. If I need to, the option to 'pause' their aging for some days is always there :wink:
  • DillynJamesDillynJames Posts: 551 Member
    edited July 2019
    Long span
    Sims 4 is the first game that I exclusively play on "long" mode. In Sims 2 and Sims 3 I felt like I could get enough done in their normal life-spans, but not so much in Sims 4. In Sims 3 once in a while I would edit their life-spans to make Young Adult or Adult stages about 50 days, but it wasn't all the time; it just depended on the story. In Sims 4, at least for the way I play, I need to have it on "Long" because it takes a lot longer to advance in your career and make a lot of money without cheats or bugs.
    I'm not really complaining about it, I kind of like having my sims around for longer periods of time.
    modthesims.info/member.php?u=8889989 320k downloads on ModTheSims; CarlDillynson
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    Long span
    I usually keep aging off until my Sims have their first child. Then I turn aging on, long life span. I play some families on normal if I don't care about finishing aspirations or skills, but not very often.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Long span
    When I allow aging at all, Long.

I prefer aging off, and to manually age up Sims as called for.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top