Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I dream of worlds (2019 goals 🌎)

LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
So, I was reading this awesome post about someone's CC 1800s Irish farming "world". And it gave me soo many ideas. My brain is whirring with ideas. I can't hold back. So I want to know what other people are thinking about. What they'd do if they had the chance. Or what game mechanics they think would enable this creativity. 😁

(My threads are posted below, to show you what I'm thinking of:)
LSM36 wrote: »
I LOVE this. If I could have historical worlds in game for real, I'd be ecstatic.
1.Victorian times
2. Steampunk Fantasy world (not be confused with regular Victorian times)
3. A Celtic pack
4. Medieval British Isles
5. 1920s
6. 1930s
Like themed worlds with special interactions of their own.

And the ability to Create A World with certain aspects. Like:
1. Empty worlds like Newcrest, that go similarly to the worlds we have now.
2. And then empty vacation worlds, where we set the theme.
A. We choose what the seasons look like. Whether it's winter-like all the time. Or if they have noticeable cycles. Or are like Sulani, with 4 seasons, but a tropical clime.
B. We can create resorts. But also have vacation homes for sims to own. And timeshare like resort/apartments. Sims would own them, but rather than having a bunch of land, you have just a floor, or apartment that you own. Like a vacation condo.
C. You can set the culture of that world like it's a club. You'd take activities and beliefs that are in the sims, choose or randomize them. And then any locals would follow those customs. And that would be something visitors can learn about.
3. And worlds we get as a blank slate. With a limit of how many plots we can put down. Like 25 plots.
A. They'd have the same choices as vacation worlds. But you could choose whether they are urban, suburban, country, isolated, or islands.
B. You could make schools, or let sims go to rabbit holes. Same for all GTW careers.
C. If we get an education pack, you could make University Worlds. Or simply have a section of the world set as a university town.
4. Farming worlds could have large plots. Or you could have a semi rabbit hole thing. Like the plot might only look yey big when in manage world, but when you click in, they are basically unlimited. Or have farms count as worlds of their own, in a way.
5. And have greengrocers. And Community gardens, farms, and greenhouses.

Yup I got carried away. This post inspired me.
Arzekial wrote: »
@LSM36 That would be really cool. It would be nice if we could then go to the gallery and download an entire custom world.

Yeah. People doing let's plays, or those who just play with stories in mind, could have tailor made worlds that fit their goals. Rather than having lots that are tricked out as cities. But can still only hold 8 sims.

You could make Villages 😯!
Or hamlets. Towns vs cities.
Small towns, with the close knit community, that have all the resources of a city. Just in a more relaxed setting. Oh my brain is tingling.

(My O.G. General 2019 goals thread:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/953652/what-we-want-to-see-in-2019/p1 )
Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:

Comments

• LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    This would work so well with my ideas for housing and world building for Supes.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/947085/ideas-for-a-new-supes-pack#latest

Entire underwater worlds. Kingdoms. Kingdoms of Air, Land, Sea, Fire, even Magic.

We could make Magic schools. We could make worlds like Camelot. We could literally build the shores of Avalon, floating on an open sea. And fill.it with Mers and Naiads. And Fairies flitting around, Elves everywhere.

You could turn 1 world into a 3D open Sims Medieval. And then go chill in Windenburg!

Ahahahahaaaa! The possibilities are endless. 🧙🏾‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧚‍♂️🧚🏽‍♀️🧛🏻‍♀️🧛🏼‍♂️🧜🏿‍♂️🧜🏼‍♀️🧝🏽‍♂️🧝🏿‍♀️🧞‍♂️🧞‍♀️🙅‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♀️🙅‍♀️
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
    Maybe. I think I'd rather the opportunity to build my own worlds and name them. And then this world come in handy, if you used one save as it's oen Universe. (Which it pretty much is.)

You could rename worlds and make them match shows, movies, or your own thing.

You could do the Marvel of DC Multiverses. Or make the area around Hogwarts. Or just the entire HP world. Using individual words that are school worlds. Others that are Muggle worlds.

You could choose the level of technology and magical advancement per world. And anyone visiting them could be bound to the nature of that world. Or you could have sims that are above that control, or immune to it. That have their own powers and strengths; that are unaffected by worldly constraints.

😯
    I got carried away, Again.

Holy cow if you can make new worlds, or even just manage ones we have, you could even make new Careers!

Like we have writer, critic, freelancer. So what about an Actual JOURNALIST CAREER?! We could make The Daily Planet. Set it up like the City Living careers. And go to an actual building.

Make it a multi-use lot. Have different levels for different businesses. Or even just have the different floors do different jobs.

Editors up top. Crime reporters in the middle. Let them have detective contacts. Make the jobs able to Interact with each other. Like babysitters and Nannies sharing tips. We could LITERALLY make The Babysitter's Club. Omg. I'm losing it. So many ideas trying to get out.

With multipurpose lots, we could have cafeterias in the work buildings. Or kiosks. And those with part-time fast food jobs would randomly staff them. You might not be able to play the roles, or myb you could choose to like CL.

You could have franchises. Ones that go between worlds. Or towns.

Farmers with actual farms could do co-OP green grocers. Or own a brand of them. And family members could work the different jobs for the business. Not just farm.

And you could Actually create a Family Business, that doesn't require you to be in the same household. Only related. And you could choose to hire workers, or make a worker part of the family team .

We could have Wills!
    And all this would work into the world system.

Are you a bookseller at one college? Branch out to them all. Then make a deal with the libraries, for wholesale book purchases.

You wanna make a dystopia? Make a dystopia and set the World Rules.

🤯
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    This thread is awesome! Yeah, I'd love to be able to create whole, thematic worlds from the ground up! As I mentioned in another thread, I'm working on Sunnydale from Buffy right now in one of my saves, but of course there are limitations. I can't ACTUALLY rename any of the worlds Sunnydale, for instance. (plus, number of lots available is a real bummer, lol. How can I have Sunnydale High AND UC Sunnydale if there's only one 50x50 lot per world?)
    FanPhoria wrote: »
    This thread is awesome! Yeah, I'd love to be able to create whole, thematic worlds from the ground up! As I mentioned in another thread, I'm working on Sunnydale from Buffy right now in one of my saves, but of course there are limitations. I can't ACTUALLY rename any of the worlds Sunnydale, for instance. (plus, number of lots available is a real bummer, lol. How can I have Sunnydale High AND UC Sunnydale if there's only one 50x50 lot per world?)

Right? But if we could have academic lots, you could demolish some of one world and rebuild.

Or just make an entirely new world just for UC Sunnydale. And have the dorms and stuff from the show. Like the Freshman dorm. And the house the vamps from the first ep of that season squatted in. The killer frats. The Initiative, with a underground lab like Strangerville.
    You can tell I'm obsessed with Buffy. I've had the complete series since high school. (Long time ago) And I actually bought the digital version on 4th of July weekend. It was quite cheap. 20 something.

Someone else wrote about housing for uni and it was pretty awesome.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/962805/a-university-world-with-apartments#latest
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited July 2019
    And the ability to Create A World with certain aspects. Like:
    1. Empty worlds like Newcrest, that go similarly to the worlds we have now.
    2. And then empty vacation worlds, where we set the theme.
    A. We choose what the seasons look like. Whether it's winter-like all the time. Or if they have noticeable cycles. Or are like Sulani, with 4 seasons, but a tropical clime.

B. We can create resorts. But also have vacation homes for sims to own. And timeshare like resort/apartments. Sims would own them, but rather than having a bunch of land, you have just a floor, or apartment that you own. Like a vacation condo.

Adding new worlds like New crest would be amazing! I am redoing all the worlds and the frustrating of restricted lot sizes and not enough space to be creative is killing me! I would love to add another Newcrest and make it a fully working business world.

Your idea on adding vacation worlds is just.. WOW! I would love this and then setting the theme is a dream. I loved doing this in previous games. You could make a winter/forest destination so easy and a tropical world with only summer rains. Imagine that in The sims 4!

I pitched renting or buying a floor on a lot instead of a whole lot in my Sims 5 idea thread. Check it out of you like :) Same goes for renting a floor in a build office block and deciding to either work an active career in there or just rent it as a house.

• tHe_silent_HtHe_silent_H Posts: 28 Member
    I'd love some steampunk stuff in my sims game
  • RockyRomRompantRockyRomRompant Posts: 4 New Member
    Oh yeah id love to be able to have more options for vacations, i LOVE Sulani and that its a world you can just visit/live in but would also love my sims to be able to take a proper vacation somewhere like that without having to individually go through each of their phines and take a day off :smile:.
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    I would love a viking age expansion pack complete with mead halls, amazing facial hair options, wolves as pets, raiding monasteries, and of course the cool Nordic style architecture from that age. Bonus points for magic mushrooms causing sims to become berzerkers.
    I just watched Carmen King go to Sixam, and seriously, we need an alien world that we can actually live in. They barely show up in game. I'm not sure that any of the townies are aliens.

A ghost world would be tight too. Like haunted houses that waver between corporeal and incorporeal. That'd be totally wicked.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I am dreaming about the developers adding The Sims 1 neighborhood in a free patch to celebrate the 20th anniversary next year. I would love to see worlds from Sims 3/2/1 in newer graphics, mostly the neighborhood from Sims 1.
  • LollyGraceLollyGrace Posts: 20 Member
    I would love for Sixam to be liveable or at least have lots so we could have a restaurant or nightclub lol! Imagine going to space to find a club.. amazing. But then I guess that would take away from the whole “secret world” thing..

I’m definitely on board with new worlds, I love Sulani, but I was also quite sad it wasn’t a resort option too.. as a bit of both. However, this world means they can definitely create a future vacation world based on an island/ beach!! I’d love to see something more European vibe for a Vacation world though, thinking more Greek or Italy beach vibes!

Oh and I keep saying this and I think about it every time I play lol... include at least one or 2 apartment blocks with 2 to 4 apartments in the new worlds! Imagine a world like Del Sol Valley with a couple of apartment blocks.. what a dream!
    Karon wrote: »
    I am dreaming about the developers adding The Sims 1 neighborhood in a free patch to celebrate the 20th anniversary next year. I would love to see worlds from Sims 3/2/1 in newer graphics, mostly the neighborhood from Sims 1.

That is an amazing idea. I bought a bunch of Sims 3 worlds that never worked on my pc. I'd need an empty desktop just to work it. So a Sims 4 world based on ones from the Sims 3 would be amazeballs. 😊😁
    LollyGrace wrote: »
    I would love for Sixam to be liveable or at least have lots so we could have a restaurant or nightclub lol! Imagine going to space to find a club.. amazing. But then I guess that would take away from the whole “secret world” thing..

I’m definitely on board with new worlds, I love Sulani, but I was also quite sad it wasn’t a resort option too.. as a bit of both. However, this world means they can definitely create a future vacation world based on an island/ beach!! I’d love to see something more European vibe for a Vacation world though, thinking more Greek or Italy beach vibes!

Oh and I keep saying this and I think about it every time I play lol... include at least one or 2 apartment blocks with 2 to 4 apartments in the new worlds! Imagine a world like Del Sol Valley with a couple of apartment blocks.. what a dream!

This is great too. Del Sol was waaaay to small. Even for story play. There's like 5 lots. Smh
    And I've wanted multipurpose lots and apartment mechanics for ever.

Can you imagine Alien superstars? Like Intergalactic Superstar as a goal, or career?
    They could make Sixam the travel hub. It could be how Earth sims get to other alien planets. And those could be open world.
    It wouldn't take much. You already need a wormhole generator on Sixam to get there and back.

They could have an upgrade option that makes it able to connect to more worlds in the galaxy.
    Or add a building on it that is a galaxy terminal. Like a space airport. They could have vendors, like City Living. But have new alien foods and cuisine. They could make it an acquired taste, like they have for Salvadorado and CL foods.

Your sims could get a monopoly on space travel. Build a spaceport. Rockets. Use that rocket science skill to make money.
    Open up the astronaut career.

And then have a magic version of the wormhole. But this one takes you to worlds for the witches etc. Another vamp world. A world of wares and witches.

Even owning a regular bus terminal for a University pack. Your kid goes off to college, and catches the bus home on vacation. Something like that, that offers more story options, careers, etc. And gives us a slightly more open world feel. And the loading screen wouldn't be as annoying if you just went through a wormhole, or a 10 hour bus ride.

You know?