Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

July 16 Patch and "New Build Items"?

SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
edited July 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Looking for the new trees, rocks, flowers, etc. Typed in the cheat: bb.showliveeditobjects AND it does NOTHING! It doesn't say that it's turned on or indicate any new build objects. My Mods are all up to date and this is happening on my Mom's computer as well. Our computers both far exceed the specs for Sims 4.

Any ideas or suggestions to get this new cheat to work?

Thanks.
Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T

Comments

• AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    Have you typed in testingcheats true?

Also I read that sometimes it doesn't show up directly so you have to type anything in the search bar and then it will appear.
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited July 2019
    Here's the steps to access the new liberated world objects:

1. Open the cheat box by pushing down the shift, control and C buttons
    2. In the cheat box type testingcheats true (or on for some people), click enter
    3. In the cheat box type bb.showhiddenobjects, click enter
    4. In the cheat box type bb.showliveeditobjects, click enter
    5. Type debug in the search box and choose one of the debug words that pop up. I usually just choose the first one. Voila! You should have access to all the new objects now.

*Note - Sometimes instead of typing debug in the search box, you need to do an empty search by just clicking go. This will refresh the new objects so they show up. You might still need to type in debug afterwards though if you want direct access to the objects instead of having to scroll past all the normal objects first.

Tip: If you are looking for an object you know is in a particular pack, filter by that pack. The filter box is located near the lower right of your screen.

Hope this helps and Happy Simming! <3

P.S. Sims Community also has information on how to do this with images if you'd like to check it out. The only step they don't mention is keying in bb.showhiddenobjects, but others mention it in the comments. I guess some people need that additional cheat code implemented and some don't. Anyway, here's a link:

The Sims 4: How to find over 1000 Environment Objects in Build Mode
  • SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    Ah, thank you so much! I didn't realize that I needed to type in the bb.showhiddenobjects first, then the new cheat for live edit objects AND then debug in the search box -- plus choosing one of the debug words.

That wasn't really clear in the patch notes. I use MCCC which always has the testingcheats true on ALL the time.

Thanks again! You are AWESOME! <3
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @SnowWolf58 Yay! \o/ You're very welcome, glad I could help! Enjoy building/decorating with all those lovely objects! <3