Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Opinion on the rebrand?

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    I want it GONE! It's horrible!
    Miricha wrote: »

huh, they do listen to feedback.
  • TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    logion wrote: »

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS thank you! Now I can play my game in August!
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2019
    Really glad they didn’t mind about the complaints but simply took them to heart and did something about it. Everybody happy!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    Keep it! I like it!

Now if only they'd listen to things we all beg for to fix/be added.....Sims eat in the bathtub/bathroom "Here's a new chair!" We need more negative emotions to show. "Here's a new lamp!" We need more romance and cuteness with couples including slowdancing, cuddling and loyalty. "Here's another new lamp!" pfft...
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member

Oh thank god!!!!!! I think the starting screen is pretty cluttered now, but that doesn't bother me. None of the other stuff really does either. But the new color scheme is actually painful. And that's not an exaggeration, it hurts my eyes and I had to turn down the brightness on my computer. And looking through the comments, I see I'm not the only one.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • TheSillyArchitectTheSillyArchitect Posts: 17 Member
    Keep it! I like it!
    > @hermionia said:
    > I mean the colors. In my opinion, the story thing is really really cool and sounds really fun, but the LAYOUT... really EA, really? It is so obnoxious and ugly, the EP colors are gone (I loved those!) and just... UGH!
    > People that said keep it: EXPLAIN! That PATTERN makes me want to CLAW MY EYEBALLS OUT!
    >
    > Vote if you would like to keep it or get rid of it.

I don't like the new menu but other than that I like it gives it a fresh look.
  • SimChiSimChi Posts: 143 Member
    edited July 2019
    I had/ am having the same effects as some of the other simmers. The new intro makes me dizzy and nauseous. I am really thankful that TwistedMexi gave me the link to his new mod, I will be using it.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Keep it! I like it!
    I love it! I hope they keep it, it reminds me of the older Sims games.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I don't mind it personally. I won't say much else.
  • wheelochwheeloch Posts: 23 Member
    I actually liked the lighter blue loading screen more than I thought I would, and a bit more than the dark blue, but I understand it was causing problems for others and the new one's a nice throwback. There's a reply to that tweet with a shine placed behind the plumbob, giving it an even more nostalgic vibe. I don't expect them to change it again after just changing... the change, but I think it would be cool if they did something like that (very soft, not bright so as not to cause more problems) to add a little more detail, since it's kind of a boring screen.

Also wish they would tone down the royal blue in the logo and on accents. Slightly muting and lightening the colour might make a big difference.
    Keep it! I like it!
    I love the response that they understand the issues the screen and colors are causing and that they are going to see what can be done to fix it and it'll be in the August patch. Gee, way to go, guys! In the mean time let's have your players with the issues not be able to play for the next month!! And what are y'all trying to figure out??? Ummm push a button and put it back to how it was??? I'm not a tech, but even I know if my computer is being stupid I can go back to a previous version to fix issues. I would think this could be the same smh....great way to care for your players health pfft....

Still...of ALL the things for them to put their time, efforts, and money into they chose the ONE thing no one gives a carp about and didn't even need changing.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Keep it! I like it!
    I'm one of the oddballs who like it. Besides the pack colors I just cant find anything wrong with it. Plus I never stared at the loading screen even when it was white because it has always been bright and there is nothing to look at. I just look away and do something else till it loads.

The jumping bunny In the corner is cute and it looks fresh and new.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    It looks too much like ts4 plays.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    Keep it! I like it!
    the bright screen is much better looking than the darker one i much prefer the bright screen for sims4 as a player i see no reason for a change yet again in the loading screen there should be an option for players to chose if they went to keep the curent loading screen i prefer as a player brighter screen much easyer to read than dark right now pretty angry as a player who clearly do not went to see the curent bright blue loading screen change P67qQDD.png
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    Keep it! I like it!
    I'm one of the oddballs who like it. Besides the pack colors I just cant find anything wrong with it. Plus I never stared at the loading screen even when it was white because it has always been bright and there is nothing to look at. I just look away and do something else till it loads.

The jumping bunny In the corner is cute and it looks fresh and new.

I forgot the bunny....I like that too :D
  • plumbbobsallyplumbbobsally Posts: 2 New Member
    I don't mean to be rude but the 'rebrand' seems to me like they lost licensing to some of the graphics and had to quickly replace them with something. Comes off as... cheap and 2D. I've been playing this game since the original (and my youth) and this update made me sad :C.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    It is good they made the change but that was the easy part.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    the bright screen is much better looking than the darker one i much prefer the bright screen for sims4 as a player i see no reason for a change yet again in the loading screen there should be an option for players to chose if they went to keep the curent loading screen i prefer as a player brighter screen much easyer to read than dark right now pretty angry as a player who clearly do not went to see the curent bright blue loading screen change P67qQDD.png

In any given situation, if something doesn't really matter to one person (they may like it, but it doesn't really impact them) and it causes actual physical problems for another. Who should take precedence? Common sense says the person who's actually being impacted should. And EA obviously agrees. Or at the very least, they've gotten enough feedback to warrant their response. They don't usually respond so quickly, if at all to complaints.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • altg1229altg1229 Posts: 89 Member
    wheeloch wrote: »
    Also wish they would tone down the royal blue in the logo and on accents. Slightly muting and lightening the colour might make a big difference.

I agree so much. It's not the end of the world or anything, but I find that royal blue color so ugly. It reminds me of a hyperlink, it doesn't really make sense for a big logo though.
  • EnderGamer87EnderGamer87 Posts: 248 Member
    also why is no one commenting about the bright blue boot screen that is the same shade as the loading screen, and is on the screen longer? 🤔
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    I really thought it'd only update for the people who bought it now. Or rather, I hoped that it wouldn't update all my covers, since I bought the games pre-rebrand.

It looks dumb. No offense. I didn't want that. There should have been an option for that. Stop giving us stuff we don't want, and stick to what we do want.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • DionyzuzDionyzuz Posts: 17 Member
    Solid new redesign, I think the colors could us more gradients as is trendy in more graphic design trends, for example playstation 4 menu as the solid colors makes it a little bit 90's
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited July 2019
    It's a bit too much. :#
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Keep it! I like it!
    also why is no one commenting about the bright blue boot screen that is the same shade as the loading screen, and is on the screen longer? 🤔

the boot screen is only on my screen for a few seconds, where is the loading screen takes about 2 minutes. I'm not complaining about either, but it surprise me to hear that your boots screen is shorter than your loading screen so I'm guessing that it's different for different people.
  • StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited July 2019
    A complete waste of manpower, time and resources.... (all 5 minutes of it by the "quality" of the end result) which could have been better spent on something of use like bug fixing or content creation. To add insult to injury its being forced on us! >:)

Edit.
    Where has the Maxis Logo gone?
    Simming since the beginning! :)