Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Challenges reading to new menu?

Comments

• PrincessAmyPrincessAmy Posts: 225 Member
    edited July 2019
    I have vision problems and/or a learning disability (ADHD, dyslexia, ect) and I have no new problems with the new menu
    I have quite severe vision problems, extremely easy to trigger motion sickness as well as anxiety which makes me have a bit of a sensory overload sometimes but I felt nothing from the new menu and colours when I played personally!
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I have vision problems and/or a learning disability (ADHD, dyslexia, ect) and I have no new problems with the new menu
    I have adhd and I’m just not used to everything being on the right, but that’s habit.

I could do without the freezer bunny and llama though. It’s annoying.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I have mild nearsightness and strabismus. I have no issues aside from the loading screen giving me a bit of a headache but that is being changed.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited July 2019
    I have no vision problems and/or a learning disabilities (ADHD, dyslexia, ect) and I find the new menu more challenging than before
    For me, don't care what they've changed except that BRIGHT BLUE Background is headache enducing. For someone who does not even get headaches, this is upsetting to me. All I can do is wait for the August patch. Ugh.

For now, I've been lowering my laptop brightness down to zero as a temporary fix before the loading screen or anything with that bright blue comes on which is super annoying, but oh well--it is a solution for now.
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I have vision problems and/or a learning disability (ADHD, dyslexia, ect) and I find the new menu easier to read/navigate than before
    I am photosensitive due to past health problems and enjoying the new screens. I wish the main menu would be all dark because the half and half, I find no difference than the all white with migraines. I like the new logos and how they are the same size as the CC logos for objects. Overall I like the rebranding. The shine on the new plumbob is a little odd, but I think that is just a personal taste preference issue. I wouldn't mind the plumbob pattern from the greyish screen carried over. But the loading screen and map has come a long way and I think looks more modern than when the Sims 4 was initially released.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I usually resist change at all costs, but I do like this new theme. I like the blue theme. I found white only too boring. Blue fits in with the prior games which were blue and indigo.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    edited July 2019
    I have no vision problems and/or a learning disabilities (ADHD, dyslexia, ect) and I find the new menu more challenging than before
    I usually resist change at all costs, but I do like this new theme. I like the blue theme. I found white only too boring. Blue fits in with the prior games which were blue and indigo.

I love blue. It's my favorite color and I have blue glass all over my house. But, the shade and brightness of the blue they chose is just too much for a lot of people's eyes. Enough that only a couple days into the update, they've already heard enough feedback that they are changing it in an August update.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited July 2019
    I have vision problems and/or a learning disability (ADHD, dyslexia, ect) and I find the new menu more challenging than before
    I should be wearing glasses.

I have no real problem with the new main menu or loading screen. But, I do find the bouncing bunny and llama on the main screen very annoying.

I also find the icons that appear on items in Buy/Build mode that show you which pack they came from very difficult to read.
    edited July 2019
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I should But, I do find the bouncing bunny and llama on the main screen very annoying.

People keep mentioning these, and I didn't even know they were there. I'll have to turn my brightness down a little more and take a look just so I can see what people are talking about. lol.
    Post edited by lisamwitt on
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I have no vision problems and/or a learning disabilities (ADHD, dyslexia, ect) and I have no new problems with the new menu
    Blue-green is one of my favorite colors and I like bright colors so it doesn't bother me.
    Ok, so WHERE are the llama and bunny people keep mentioning?? I guess I'm blind because I don't see them on the main loading screen or any of the subsequent ones. Just the spinning plumbob.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    Ok, so WHERE are the llama and bunny people keep mentioning?? I guess I'm blind because I don't see them on the main loading screen or any of the subsequent ones. Just the spinning plumbob.

They are on the menu screen.
    edited July 2019

Where? Seriously, I don't see them anywhere. I just opened my game, stared at the home menu, opened all the various gameplay menus. I don't see a llama and bunny. I'm starting to feel like it's some sort of prank or I'm selectively blind.

Edit: So I looked around online until I found a screenshot someone took of their menu. Then I got to see the llama and freezer bunny. But, they are NOT on mine.

NeVhKYJ.png
    Post edited by lisamwitt on
  • Hyper_KeyHyper_Key Posts: 26 Member
    I have vision problems and/or a learning disability (ADHD, dyslexia, ect) and I find the new menu more challenging than before
    I have to wait until august for this to be changed? Man...
    I am hoping for modders to do something about it.
    edited July 2019

Where? Seriously, I don't see them anywhere. I just opened my game, stared at the home menu, opened all the various gameplay menus. I don't see a llama and bunny. I'm starting to feel like it's some sort of prank or I'm selectively blind.

Edit: So I looked around online until I found a screenshot someone took of their menu. Then I got to see the llama and freezer bunny. But, they are NOT on mine.

NeVhKYJ.png

If you own all of the packs or either aren't missing at least one Stuff, Game, and Expansion pack, then you will see a bouncing bunny and llama over on the right side at the bottom. If you are missing these packs then you will instead see a "Build A Bundle" option.
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I have vision problems and/or a learning disability (ADHD, dyslexia, ect) and I find the new menu easier to read/navigate than before
    Removing the white loading screen is an absolute blessing to me. I used to get migraines and severe nausea if I played for very long BUT it is unacceptable that any colour scheme makes people feel this way. Vision is complex and operates differently for different conditions. I have tremendous sympathy for those who feel that way from the new scheme. Hopefully the August patch will help.
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    I don't like the cluttered look after the loading screen and the whole loading screen leading up to the main screen drives me batty. I am trying to just look else where. I think the dark blue is a good start, but it doesn't change the whirlwind that proceeds it. Maybe in time, I will get used to it. /shrug

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I have quite severe vision problems, extremely easy to trigger motion sickness as well as anxiety which makes me have a bit of a sensory overload sometimes but I felt nothing from the new menu and colours when I played personally!

Same here and I had all kinds of issues with the white screens we used to have. I love these new ones. It is a shame they are only for a month. Hopefully the changed one coming doesn't give my issues back - but what the hey i withstood it 5 years with the awful bright white ones - guess I will with stand it with the coming one if it bothers me.

I wish they would darken the white and green on the forums too - but they say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger...

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

NeVhKYJ.png

If you own all of the packs or either aren't missing at least one Stuff, Game, and Expansion pack, then you will see a bouncing bunny and llama over on the right side at the bottom. If you are missing these packs then you will instead see a "Build A Bundle" option.

Ah, ok. So having them is like a "prize" for owning everything. There's a lot I don't own.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Does the Build A Bundle version bounce around like the llama and bunny one? I find the bouncing bunny and llama to be kind of distracting and it's my least favorite part about the new menu. I've gotten used to the new layout but I don't much care for the freezer bunny and llama. I'd much prefer the Build A Bundle version, provided it didn't also bounce around.

NeVhKYJ.png

Ah, ok. So having them is like a "prize" for owning everything. There's a lot I don't own.

Personally I find them quite irritating lol its saying “look at me” but when you look at it you’re like “uhh okay... it’s a bunny and a llama jumping up and down... is there something else I’m missing here”? Maybe other people like it though :)
    Finvola wrote: »
    Does the Build A Bundle version bounce around like the llama and bunny one? I find the bouncing bunny and llama to be kind of distracting and it's my least favorite part about the new menu. I've gotten used to the new layout but I don't much care for the freezer bunny and llama. I'd much prefer the Build A Bundle version, provided it didn't also bounce around.

No bouncing. It's just there. :)
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I have no vision problems and/or a learning disabilities (ADHD, dyslexia, ect) and I find the new menu easier to read/navigate than before
    I know its not a popular opinion, but I find the blue a lot easier on my eyes than the previous searing white. It was so bright it physically hurt before. While I'm neither fan nor foe of the blue, its easier on my retina.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,254 Member
    It seems they went from being simplistic/aesthetically-pleasing to way too extra/cluttered.
    Is anyone else bothered by the SIMS logo color change? Not sure why they made it dark blue. It just seems so out of place.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »
    It seems they went from being simplistic/aesthetically-pleasing to way too extra/cluttered.
    Is anyone else bothered by the SIMS logo color change? Not sure why they made it dark blue. It just seems so out of place.

I think that blue is pretty, close to cobalt. It would be more pleasant if it was a little darker though. Maybe they'll tweak it in August.