Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need bigger lots!

2...Next

Comments

• Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited December 2017
    I'd agree on big lots(and small lots) for a few reason: C-A-W like edits,lot placing/sizing, and townhousing separates. But unlike what we do now (making one family and somehow divide them), I'd like to actually put separate families in each townhouse (like you know....apartments :lol: ). But I guess that's a total dream lol. But in general i'd just like customized lots. Like let me choose how big or small a lot should be and allow me to place it on the map. I'd be head of hills for something like that.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    Dreamie209 wrote: »
    I'd agree on big lots(and small lots) for a few reason: C-A-W like edits,lot placing/sizing, and townhousing separates. But unlike what we do now (making one family and somehow divide them), I'd like to actually put separate families in each townhouse (like you know....apartments :lol: ). But I guess that's a total dream lol. But in general i'd just like customized lots. Like let me choose how big or small a lot should be and allow me to place it on the map. I'd be head of hills for something like that.

We need terraced houses so bad! I want my Sims to live in a beautiful old townhouse. Or an English terraced home. I thought that if we could build our own apartments, we could build terraced houses too. But that all went down the drain.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    edited December 2017
    Loanet wrote: »
    I feel like 64x64 lots are good and I want more, but they're the sort of thing you use for really big house projects. 100x100 lots would be like, way too big for a house. They'd take forever to travel over.

You don't have to make super huge houses on them. What if you want to make a house and a barn, or a smaller inlaw house on the property? On the real tiny lots, I make them a bus stop. It's all it's good for.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Also good for mid 19th century where you have: main house, carriage house, necessary, provision for a horse or two, kitchen garden, detached summer kitchen. This is still in a town/village context, not a farm.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited December 2017
    Bigger lots and bigger worlds. I feel like I am locked in a closet - a very small closet with no room to do anything I want to do.

Give us back wide open spaces and lot placement - or at least a lot more lots. I used to even run out of lots in Sims 3 - and some of those worlds had 30-40 empty lots in them. Huge lots with the average size being 40 x 40. A few small lots are cool - but not almost all the lots tiny. Especially when building cannot even have a decent number of upper floors. I am not a fan of basements - so I need bigger lots and more above the ground floors.

The biggest joke is giving us the huge slip n'slide and no empty lots big enough to place it on. Whose bright idea was that?

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Bigger lots and bigger worlds. I feel like I am locked in a closet - a very small closet with no room to do anything I want to do.

Give us back wide open spaces and lot placement - or at least a lot more lots. I used to even run out of lots in Sims 3 - and some of those worlds had 30-40 empty lots in them. Huge lots with the average size being 40 x 40. A few small lots are cool - but not almost all the lots tiny. Especially when building cannot even have a decent number of upper floors. I am not a fan of basements - so I need bigger lots and more above the ground floors.

The biggest joke is giving us the huge slip n'slide and no empty lots big enough to place it on. Whose bright idea was that?

Oh, and don't forget the big-oars telescope and microscope! Small pre-set lot sizes and big items don't mix...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
    edited December 2017

Oh, and don't forget the big-oars telescope and microscope! Small pre-set lot sizes and big items don't mix...

Technically that telescope is an observatory - and tell me - do you know anyone in real life that has an observatory at their house - never mind that kind of microscope? Technically we don't even have an actual telescope or microscope in the game - those are things you see at research labs for crying out loud.

Funny thing though many of us do have telescopes and microscopes - especially if we have kids. I always have had both as they are great family time items to teach our kids about the world around them - but my telescope sits on a tripod we move to the second floor porch to study the stars with our kids. Yes they have been to an observatory - AT THE MUSEUM of Science - not in our yard. Our microscope sits on a desk - my kids enjoy looking at drops of water or insects or plant petals etc. A gift to them from my brother who is a Marine Biologist and still he even uses a microscope like we have - not one like the Sims 4 has. Who even uses that kind anyway?

I agree with you - that stuff is great for the science career - but for our sims homes - they need to give our sims the proper kinds for sure. If I had the choice even if I had a sim with a big lot - they would have a normal telescope and microscope and not those things we have now.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• doloresghazedoloresghaze Posts: 11 New Member
    BB is amazing, the nature and the waterfalls are the best thing ever, but i wish we had more blank lotes so i dont feel guilty after destroying some nice house i probably can't build by my own cuz im not that creative.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Yeah, telescopes like in TS2, and normal microscopes. I've seen some very impressive mics at General Electric, both in size and type, and not one of them was remotely like that sci-fi beast they gave us. Yes, more lots, lots of lots, wide variety of sizes, even beach ones for the few villages that can take them. And the ability to plop them down in the vast amounts of unused space that is wasted in most of the neighborhoods. Speaking of neighborhoods, the ability to make our own, or at least blank templates based on current ones.
  • YBNS2468YBNS2468 Posts: 240 Member
    Yes! and more then 2 empty lots!
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    I would really like to see a world without individual lots. Just one big lot with no restrictions that we could build anything anywhere! That way you could build as big or as small as you want, as close or as far apart as you want.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
    edited December 2017
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    I would really like to see a world without individual lots. Just one big lot with no restrictions that we could build anything anywhere! That way you could build as big or as small as you want, as close or as far apart as you want.

Unfortunately as long as they limit lots to 8 sims - it would sort of defeat the purpose. I was thinking about something like that to make a huge farm - but if every animal took a sims slot like they do in this game - how can you even have a farm and a family and ranch hands to even run the farm?

A while back I downloaded set of painted ladies townhouses (like we had in Sims 2 and 3) - and was quickly disappointed I could not move in my 5 sisters with their husbands and 1 child each into each house in the group because the game counts 8 to a lot even though there was tons of room, each of the painted ladies houses had room for parents and 2 kids +, I could not even place 3 of the sisters and their hubbies and 1 child. Had a similar problem having workers in all the stores in a mall I downloaded as well. Half the stores, bars, restaurants had no one to serve customers even. I did not realize there was also a lot size limit on non-residential as well.

Finally I gave up and since then have not done a thing to any of the big lots we do have - as there is little point - unless they change that at all. I don't recall having that same issue in non-residential lots in Sims 3 though.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    I’m up for both, personally. Instead of just bigger lots, we also have small ones added too, maybe a tool like in sims 3 where you could just drop the sizes you want yourself where you wanted the. Obviously have a size limit and I do agree with the others about slowing down the game, because it will, even builds at the size we have now slow it down depending how much you have stored on that single lot, or even in the neighbourhood itself.

However I do agree we need more in general, lot spaces I mean, size is up to the simmer regarding which they desire but for me, I’m all about small lots, fitting as much as I can onto a tiny patch of land and making it feel homey while not squishing my sims too much.

Hopefully EA throw us the ability to add lot spaces rather than just go in and edit the worlds themselves.
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    ehaught58 wrote: »

Unfortunately as long as they limit lots to 8 sims - it would sort of defeat the purpose. I was thinking about something like that to make a huge farm - but if every animal took a sims slot like they do in this game - how can you even have a farm and a family and ranch hands to even run the farm?

A while back I downloaded set of painted ladies townhouses (like we had in Sims 2 and 3) - and was quickly disappointed I could not move in my 5 sisters with their husbands and 1 child each into each house in the group because the game counts 8 to a lot even though there was tons of room, each of the painted ladies houses had room for parents and 2 kids +, I could not even place 3 of the sisters and their hubbies and 1 child. Had a similar problem having workers in all the stores in a mall I downloaded as well. Half the stores, bars, restaurants had no one to serve customers even. I did not realize there was also a lot size limit on non-residential as well.

Finally I gave up and since then have not done a thing to any of the big lots we do have - as there is little point - unless they change that at all. I don't recall having that same issue in non-residential lots in Sims 3 though.

Yeah, I know they can’t do it with the technology they are using. Oh well, one can only dream... :)
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • gemma_ellengemma_ellen Posts: 12 New Member
    I would love better lot sizes. I love building huge lots with lots of landscape, so 150 x 150 would be amazing! that's said, I'd also love tiny lots all side by side, with the ability to build right up to the edge and create rows of townhouses... please please bring this in!!
  • sofasimsofasim Posts: 128 Member
    I'd like more 20x20 actually
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    i totaly agree about bigger lots
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    My favorites seem to be 30x30. They're big enough to do a lot of things with, but still have a feeling of restriction like most people's yards in my real life.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I like to do a lot of things around the house. With small lots, I can't do that.
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/922566/forum-dos-and-donts#latest

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top