Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

VERY IMPORTANT information before you purchase

2...Next

Comments

• DeadInsid3_plur2EDMDeadInsid3_plur2EDM Posts: 44 Member
    @SimChi It's totally cool dude (dude is a general reference lol not implying any genders here) my point was I've been saying sims since I was like 12 lol now I'm 30 and never took into account what you need and my computer is the worst and this would explain why it's only lagging more cuz I've literally tried every suggestion only to find out "ding ding" my processor is not the right one lol not even close and I never had a graphics card. I'm in the market for a new one even though its only 2 years old :D what a piece of work so my first best attempt is to find one that's great for the Sims since it requires every thing and goddess fancy programming qualifications then it would be fine for school and the internet. When you find out more about what they say when they really elaborate on this mystery can you either tag me on here or send me a message I'm still new to this whole forum thing I'm definitely clueless there
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    SimChi wrote: »
    Where do go to see how much ram your game is actually using?

go to task manager and look under the "performance" tab
    Thank you
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • SimChiSimChi Posts: 143 Member
    edited July 2019
    @SimChi It's totally cool dude (dude is a general reference lol not implying any genders here) my point was I've been saying sims since I was like 12 lol now I'm 30 and never took into account what you need and my computer is the worst and this would explain why it's only lagging more cuz I've literally tried every suggestion only to find out "ding ding" my processor is not the right one lol not even close and I never had a graphics card. I'm in the market for a new one even though its only 2 years old :D what a piece of work so my first best attempt is to find one that's great for the Sims since it requires every thing and goddess fancy programming qualifications then it would be fine for school and the internet. When you find out more about what they say when they really elaborate on this mystery can you either tag me on here or send me a message I'm still new to this whole forum thing I'm definitely clueless there

No worries lol, I use dude all the time (no matter what gender). I still haven't received an answer. Some of the (many) issues from different iterations of the sims are not the fault of the purchaser (in regards to hardware), the game was not optimized properly. Basically, people are paying to be beta testers (and that PO's a lot of people who know that). I don't know that I will get an official response, because then they are accountable... Think of it this way... If they give an official response, and people have the specs (that they say will make the game run smoothly), and then people still continue to have issues (lag, crashes, etc.) then they have to actually admit that the game is not marketplace ready. Right now they (the company) has a loophole in that they can claim that a players game issues are the fault of the players computer (because it 'only meets minimum specs'). And yet, how many times do we see players with those specs, and their games don't have the same issues as another person with the same specs... That's why the beta testing (via bug reports on the EA HQ forum). They also should not be putting it out with the many bugs that are always present.

The other issue, when a potential purchaser goes to get a machine to fit their requirements, is that salespeople in stores will have many, many, many opinions on what computer to get (which are all scattered). They are also trying to push certain brands at certain times. The forums will also offer up countless opinions, all of which are different (and sometimes arrogant- which is why I made the post; to let people, who don't know, not to feel bad about not knowing).

If I do get a response I will let you know :)