Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play more sims 3 than sims 4? *2019*

124...Next

Comments

• Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    I play more sims 3 than sims 4
    Equally the same.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Nahhh. I just play the sims 3
    Simburian wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    Got every game from 2001 and pack for them but now play Sims 4 all the time now. It just suits me better for building and creating small neighbourhoods that I have in my country.

I don't know if you realize it, but you can create small worlds in TS3 too. That's how flexible TS3 is! :)

This is a Poll not a debate. I played Sims 3 from 2009 to 2014 and I know what game suits me best. I found this poll via Discussions and didn't realise it was in the Sims 3 forum. I wouldn't have replied if I had checked properly.

Was I debating? I'm just showing you that Sims 3 is better, lol!
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Equally the same.
    Now there's a "face" we haven't seen over here on the TS3 side for a while (waves hi @Colton147147). And say hello to Justine for us. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • KeiomestreKeiomestre Posts: 195 Member
    I have never played Sims 4, I only play Sims 3.

The Sims 4 feels like a huge downgrade from 3 to me: no open-world, much less customization, loading screens and the cartoonish graphics I much dislike. Also, there is the huge financial barrier to start playing. I know I don't have to own every Game/Expansion/Stuff pack, but even to start a few would be required to make the base game not feel empty. I'd rather go back to sims 2 which I own the full collection.

I watch reviews of Sims 4 packs to know where things are going. The only pack that got me really interested so far was that one that adds the option to create social clubs (I think it's Get Together). It seems very fun and I wanted something like that on sims 3. :(

..... ..... ..... ..... My favorite Sims 3 family: THE ENFADONHOS!..... ..... ..... .....
    Vgfhu74.jpg
  • MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    I play all of them, but I enjoy playing The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 the most as they have more objects to interact with, I prefer how the AI works, I prefer family play in earlier games and the worlds are bigger and customizable.

This.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Equally the same.
    But TS3 has Justine Keaton o:)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • PricklyTrashPricklyTrash Posts: 7 New Member
    I haven't even touched Sims 4 yet. I've read a lot of reviews and comments about it and frankly... It seems lackluster. Graphics are amazing, but there is very little content in the vanilla rendition and many pack don't actually offer a whole lot versus 3 where there is "SO MUCH TO DO, SO MUCH TO SEE!"

I've heard it's getting better, but I don't want to shell out loads of money just to make a game actually good. I'll just stick to 3 and save that money for a game that actually gives you content right out of the bat without a lot of DLC. ^w^
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited July 2019
    I play more sims 4 than sims 3
    I play TS3 sometimes, I love it but the problem for me is the way sims look.

Changed my opinion. I returned to TS3 because of the fiasco TS4 continues to be.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • NeverBirdNeverBird Posts: 17 Member
    A few days ago I installed all my sims 3 stuff again, I have to admit that I have always jumped a bit back and forth whenever Sims 4 had one of those well known periods with looooads of bugs and/or just nothing new.

Now I only play Sims 3... I'm very conflicted cus I play on a beast of a PC but the optimization is just not there in s3, and it's "old" looking and I'm very into nice graphics..
    But! Whenever I go back to s3 I suddenly start playing alot more again.. there's just so much to do and I don't feel restricted to loading screens or anything to just stroll around and explore.

You can call me sort of a graphics snob, but even without good graphics and bad optimization I tend to enjoy s3 way more. Lags and all.

Also im one of those with that unpopular opinion, I'd rather set my PC to load the world and let it take forever and then load very rarely (like when travelling or something) then getting short loading screens all the time.
    tumblr_ou0vobCmeH1s7rf3bo1_400.gif
  • LPentLPent Posts: 147 Member
    I tried Sims 4, I really did. I played it exclusively since release. But I never got to like it.
    Sure some aspects are better (like building and details, and most of all performance. But in the end I uninstalled it last month and got back to 3 for good now.
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    I still can't get used to how sims 4 sims look even till this day. I may be super biased but in my opinion sims 3 males and females look so much better :love:
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    Strictly Sims 3 (or 2... or even 1 on occasion)
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Umm... there's been a lot of "complications"with my Sims3 game, that forced me to uninstall the ORIGIN version and (just recently) install the STEAM version.

I'll be back to my beloved Sunset Valley!

But until then I've been torturing... uh... PLAYING WITH the Sims in Sims4!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    Just TS3... half because I missed the free download back in May and half because if it's like TSMobile I don't think I'd enjoy it.
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I play Sims 3 and Sims 4, but Sims 3 gets more of my attention because I'm doing a legacy.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    I actually play 3 & 4 as equally as I can. However I no longer play 2 as the crashing drove me crazy. As 2 has always been my fav and most entertaining I will probably try again but for now the others will do. I was playing The Sims but it wasn't doing well on this pc so I decided to lessen my frustration. Like 2 it may one day get installed again. I do have all my discs still.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • MadDoctor61MadDoctor61 Posts: 414 Member
    I looked at getting Sims 4, but when I realized there was no open world, I was turned off. They also made the sim interactions more complicated. I like playing overstuffed homes with many characters. With that many characters scattered over so many neighbourhoods, I assumed I would be spending all my time in transition mode. As is, I cycle through the characters with the spacebar to see how they are doing. I usually have one, sometimes two, involved in more complex tasks that I HAVE to monitor, while others are given a simple task list. This would get even more difficult if the sim interactions are more complex and I could only monitor one sim at a time. I can't see this working in 4, but it's just fine in 3.
  • MiSFiT203MiSFiT203 Posts: 278 Member
    Since sims 4 came out, i've played much more sims 4 than 3, not that im happy about it. i hate it honestly, it really bores me, only reason it got so much play is everytime i try to give the sims 3 a go, it runs like crap and i end up giving up. thats the only reason im not voting in the poll.

If i had my choice i would definitely play sims 3 more. at this moment i just re-installed the sims 3 and am currently trying to download my store items which is taking forever. hopefully the game decides to run better this time around. im finally planning a major upgrade to my pc for the first time in ages, but its gonna take me months before i can get there.

well crossing my fingers i'll get some enjoyment this time around.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Mostly just the sims 3. I will try to play sims 4 from time to time but not very often.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • TØPTØP Posts: 26 Member
    Sometimes I play the sims 4. But sims 3 I play the most :D That's it
    tenor.gif?itemid=5143110
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,745 Member
    I'm playing Sims 4 for the first time. I started last Sunday. It's been entretaining so far.

To be honest, I've been thinking of making my TS4 sims on TS3. ^^ TS4 is good for simple gameplay without aging.
  • sparkietothemaxsparkietothemax Posts: 131 Member
    edited July 2019
    I'm actually playing 4 more now, I still love 1,2, and 3 but 4 is quickly becoming one of my favorites. Mods help, also I really like the Seasons, Parenthood, and Cats & Dogs pack. My husband bought me the Vampire pack today and I have yet to play it, but it's been a long time since I've actually enjoyed myself on the game. Another thing is a love to decorate my Sims now, everything looks good on them compared to my Sims 3 Sims, which all looked a bit odd.