Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gurus Respond to Feedback on Color Changes

Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
edited July 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
It's taken awhile, but I am very glad to see this. Personally, I think the main menu also needs changes. I also think that Maxis should give an option for a UI redesign in live/build mode with a blue color, similar to the original UI of The Sims 4. Now that they've gone with this new theme, it would be better to keep things consistent IMHO.

Comments

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited July 2019
    I'm going to miss the white with diamond patterns, but that's a soothing blue. Feels much classier than the current nightmare.

EDIT:
    The diamond pattern looks so good.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited July 2019
    Someone should make a mod where the loading screen comes in a variety of colors and you can pick and choose which one you want, kinda like CAS backgrounds.

ETA: Found the mod!
    Post edited by Chazzzy on
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    Gordy wrote: »
    I'm going to miss the white with diamond patterns, but that's a soothing blue. Feels much classier than the current nightmare.

EDIT:

That's also better than the current one (I mean the one with the plumbobs the first is also too bright), it doesn't have as much contrast and saturation, but it reminds me a bit of TS3 ahaha That was TS3's blue.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    The darker loading screen will be a big improvement, even over the one we had before the patch.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    The darker loading screen will be a big improvement, even over the one we had before the patch.

wrong there is nothing wrong with the current loading screen lighter colors are much nicer than darker colors
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited July 2019

wrong there is nothing wrong with the current loading screen lighter colors are much nicer than darker colors

Darker colors match the logo which we all see on top of this forum page.

The community won't agree on one color, but EA has chosen a dark blue as the logo of The Sims. This also matches The Sims 1. While I think the whole color transition was a frivolous update, I think that it's important for EA/Maxis to be consistent in their choice now that they've made it.

And, as I said in my OP, in-game UI should be the next thing to receive a dark blue coat of paint to maintain consistency.

Hopefully, when TS5 comes around, all of this color mess won't be a thing.
    edited July 2019
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

Darker colors match the logo which we all see on top of this forum page.

The community won't agree on one color, but EA has chosen a dark blue as the logo of The Sims. This also matches The Sims 1. While I think the whole color transition was a frivolous update, I think that it's important for EA/Maxis to be consistent in their choice now that they've made it.

And, as I said in my OP, in-game UI should be the next thing to receive a dark blue coat of paint to maintain consistency.

Hopefully, when TS5 comes around, all of this color mess won't be a thing.

Personally I wouldn't mind if they made the UI dark blue (keeping the layout and icons as they are) like in that early version screenshot with Ollie. But I know a lot of people would probably not like that change though.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    well I for one am finally able to live with the update. Still don't think the rebrand is the best work the team could have done but at least in august I'll be able to play again :)<3 I'm so glad that they listened to the community about the loading screen. makes my day. I can't wait to try the new quiz/story thing in CAS in August :D
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I like the dark blue! Thank you EAxis!
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    Oh that looks better .
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Even as someone who wasn’t really bothered by the bright blue eye and headache wise this is a much nicer color of blue.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited July 2019
    It still looks a bit boring to me, they should add a shine effect to make it more interesting to look at
    a256aFi.gif
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    It still looks a bit boring to me, they should add a shine effect to make it more interesting to look at

Ohh I like this one the best. I hope they consider it.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Thank God.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member

There's quite a few things wrong with the current one. It's not about a dark color background vs a light color background but rather the value and saturation of the colors.

The white words has almost a similar value to the light blue. It's terrible for people to read something like that as there is not much contrast. It can be eye straining as well. Same with the plumbob, there's not much contrast against the light blue bg. The light blue is too saturated.

bright_saturated-background.png
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    The darker blue is much, much better! I'm glad they have listened to the feedback; it was necessary
  • Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member
    Oh thank god! I have to avoid really "loud" colours, like the hot pink hair swatch for example because I'm sensitive to bright light and colours and too much of either gives me a headache.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    Glad they fixed it for those light sensitive. The only colour I fear nowadays is black, Windows 10 updates taking minutes or more when restarting my computer. You never know if it is the one step too far! :/

I’d like that. Very reminiscent of TS2 console loading screens ahaha
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SimsprocfunSimsprocfun Posts: 1,499 Member
    The new darker color looks to me very... depressing. And I certainly don't want any Sims 1, Sims 2 or Sims 3 UI replication, nether original mobile look UI of the Sims 4 (also in blue color). I bought a game with silver/grey modern design UI, I paid for it, and personally I want to see it that way back.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    Gordy wrote: »

EDIT:

I also liked the plumbob pattern in the background, it made the loading screen less bland without being too much in your face. Toning down the colour saturation in the current loading screen will make it easier on the eyes, but it will still look boring. I wish they made it like in the right picture.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I like it when gurus respond to a feedback.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • IreneLudwigIreneLudwig Posts: 125 Member
    I wish we still had the old white loading screen, but at least I'm glad they listen to us! The current loading screen is giving me migraines :/
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    The dark blue is much better! Thank you from a migraine sufferer.