Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Danaanhorn wrote: »
    I just found out that theres now a fire brigade that comes to help if you have a fire {caused by the volcano at least. idk if regular too}

That's really cool!
  • StandsWithFistsStandsWithFists Posts: 3 New Member
    ♥ I didn't know Patchy walked around. The first time he did he made me jump a little, he came from behind a tree so quickly and I was not expecting him. ♥
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    There's a hidden abduction bar.

It'll fill when your sim does thing to provoke alien abductions (the telescope, satellite etc~)
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    There's a hidden abduction bar.

It'll fill when your sim does thing to provoke alien abductions (the telescope, satellite etc~)

I had a sim who would frequently use his rocket ship. No wonder he got abducted every night! If I hadn’t disabled alien pregnancies, he probably would’ve had several!
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Did you know you can "feed a bite" to another sim? I had the option pop up but have yet to get it to work when eating
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    My Sim was out collecting honey and lightening hit her This is the first time I noticed that light flashes popped off her and her eye lit up and shined for about 8 hours
  • GasolineCreaGasolineCrea Posts: 135 Member
    Danaanhorn wrote: »
    I just found out that theres now a fire brigade that comes to help if you have a fire {caused by the volcano at least. idk if regular too}

That's really cool!

They do so for regular too...or at least, they did when my sim set fire to his lawn
    So many sorcerers ~
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Did you know there's a drink you can learn while in the Mixologist branch called Snaggle Fluster when a chance card pops up? (Though there's also a chance the guy selling it to you might rip you off as well.)

It enhances skill gain 4 times over, but the heavy effect from drinking this drink is that your sims bladder will god own six times faster.

Also, placing a hot tub on a pool lot sims will definitely use it.

Wonder what prompts it, never knew that existed, so cool
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Your sim can order food from a stall while walking the dog and they will occasionally stop to eat.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    So yesterday I came across a little buff that happens when your sims are farther out from the shore when swimming. When they stay too long over the deep spots in they ocean they will get a sudden chill buff. I thought it was a bug until I read the buff.. ^.^
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    This is an angry painting I've never seen before.
    wtendeshai-gemldealjd6.jpg

I would have guessed it came with Island Living (seems fitting), but I don't own Island Living...

...I need to make angry paintings. Don't think I've seen that one before either and it's an angry painting I'm willing to put up on the wall.
    This is an angry painting I've never seen before.

wtendeshai-gemldealjd6.jpg

I would have guessed it came with Island Living (seems fitting), but I don't own Island Living...

Maybe it came with the free patch that was for il
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    I think that painting has been in the game quite a while, at least it was posted in a painting list (forum post) on Carl's site in 2015. Does fit really well with IL though :)
    Windows frost up in the winter and rivers freeze. I've been playing on low graphics on my old computer and now I'm on high and it's the first time I've seen it
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Windows frost up in the winter and rivers freeze. I've been playing on low graphics on my old computer and now I'm on high and it's the first time I've seen it

Yep. If there's a blizzard, aka really dumb to go outside even with winter clothes, the windows will be almost non-transparent. Especially obvious in say the high end apartments and other buildings with HUGE windows. When my Sims were living in a small house in say Windenburg with small windows I just wasn't thinking about it, but at say Spire Apt 888 with those ginormous windows? It's REALLY obvious and a very nice touch.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek

Yep. If there's a blizzard, aka really dumb to go outside even with winter clothes, the windows will be almost non-transparent. Especially obvious in say the high end apartments and other buildings with HUGE windows. When my Sims were living in a small house in say Windenburg with small windows I just wasn't thinking about it, but at say Spire Apt 888 with those ginormous windows? It's REALLY obvious and a very nice touch.

My place has medium windows in Willow Creek haha. And yeah it's a Christmas morning blizzard in game 😂.
  • DeadInsid3_plur2EDMDeadInsid3_plur2EDM Posts: 44 Member
    I don't know if this said anywhere but I never fought so bad with my sims like married couples to the point they despise each other
    * you can not only can obviously insult them or shout forbidden words but you can push them tell then to go away say their momma is a llama (something talking smack about their mom or something )

[b]BUT[/b]critique their woohoo skills and then clearly actually fight.

SEASONS-Your electronics can get ruined when it rains

GET FAMOUS-You can get the drone to record you when you woohoo in the money vault, closet, and pod beds. Also I'm pretty sure it'll record another sim if you have them get naked by clicking on them to gi nude or w.e that option is and then click record of that person
    *if you have get famous if you use the exotic pond and don't feed your fish first and decide to jump in you will most likely drown from your fish I guess not being fed. I tested out this theory on how I think you can avoid this and what I did is made sure my sim was fully happy and rested for the most part then had him feed the koi, play with the koi (he did fall in but survived) then jumped in and this time did not drown. I think it's due to them being fed and the pond being clean also he gained a fitness point. Last time all I did was jump and died instantly.

Not sure if this was just a general feature

*You can nap in the hot tub which I do not get but to each their own.
    *Also if you send a flirty or happy text to someone when you're in either of those moods they'll immediately ask you to hang out.
    *If you woohoo when you're in an uncomfortable mood you will have an unsatisfying woohoo that one I found hilarious.

Sims 4 pets- your cat can randomly get bitten by a squirrel but can also beat it lmao idk and it can get sprayed by a skunk. If you have the rose garden Bush it loves to go in there constantly and thats where these "squirrels & skunks appear" They won't die though.

I also heard about this but wasn't sure so tested it out. If you have some pet or your pets has babies or just one you dont want and you try to sell the pet the adoption center still intervenes however if you really want that creature back for w.e reason if you click immediately I would guess that day or right after they take your pet to adopt a pet your pet you just gave up should be available in that menu. I'm not sure how long but I'm guessing not too long.

I apologize if people knew most of these but you never know I sure for one didn't encounter a lot of these until recently.
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    I knew they could get pinched by them, but I never knew sims could befriend crabs while beachcombing

3ZJRSPy.png

Winston (the sim I was playing) is both evil and outdoorsy and a conservationist to boot. I'm not sure if any of those contributed, but I like to think of the crab as his partner in crime, pinching anti-environmentalists while Winston attacks them, like some earth-loving crime-fighting duo, lol.
  • DeadInsid3_plur2EDMDeadInsid3_plur2EDM Posts: 44 Member
    [quote="adduapina;c-17148787"]@OphiuchuserRules

Oh yea, I had forgotten about the music affecting the gender of the baby. Whooops. Thanks for reminding me of that one, been wondering why some of my fetuses seem to ignore strawberries and carrots being eaten... hehe. :sweat_smile:

And thanks also for the info on summer/winter music, hadn't realized that before![/quote]

You can do it during pregnancy. I had a girl but didnt prepare for a name or really wanted a girl so did the click shift clicking on an option that was blank :lol: :sweat_smile: lmao apparently I like deleted the baby or something so cps took it away so yeah wrong cheat so when I got pregnant again like a week ago in real time I deliberately ate like 9/10 carrots then listened to alternative for like the first day of her pregnancy and I think that was enough cuz I got a boy didn't have to delete him this time
  • RhinoShakeRhinoShake Posts: 6 New Member
    If you visit any lot before 5am and stay there past 6am, you will be able to harvest the produce of any plants that grow there. Be aware that if you have a garden on your own lot and you are not there during this time, your own plants will not produce anything that day.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    When playing with a cat, the laser pointer looks different depending on your sim's mood
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• triniwaytriniway Posts: 16 Member
    I guess from what I've experienced, if you adopt a child then you can't edit your relationship with them in CAS, not even with cheats.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I've been playing with the mod to nuke it for so long, that I didn't realize the monster under the bed only appears certain nights now.

It should have been that way from the start.
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    edited July 2019
    happyopi wrote: »
    I've been playing with the mod to nuke it for so long, that I didn't realize the monster under the bed only appears certain nights now.

It should have been that way from the start.

Thank Goodness! Good to know :)

2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top