Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

the sims 4 sims need major update

the game is beautiful and very pleasing to look at, but the sims 4 sims are the problem they are very boring to play honestly in order for any thing interesting to happen you have to force interactions.. the sims don't feel connected to anything or anyone in this game.. i am hoping that the next major update pumps life into the sims themself, they need to be livelier. i watch a sims just stand for 5 real minutes staring into space.. they stand idle way too long.. they are not alive like the sims from sims 2 in that game there was always something happening, and they never just stand around all that i am trying to say is the sims in sims 4 need work if this game is going to last another 3 or four yearsi don't care how much beauty you throw at it.. it is the sims that have the problem..

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I completely agree with you.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    You agree with them even though they were very adamant about disliking the game when it first came out. The sims standing around is a glitch thats why they are doing it and its never been fixed. My sims are lively but I guess that is just my game.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    edited July 2019
    and i also do not have that problem my sims are always finding something to do so i do not agree with the original poster on this subject
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    You agree with them even though they were very adamant about disliking the game when it first came out. The sims standing around is a glitch thats why they are doing it and its never been fixed. My sims are lively but I guess that is just my game.

I don't remember their opinion of when the game came out...?

The standing around bug is a glitch yes, but NPC's never interact much, they usually just do those filler talking animations without actually interacting but lately I have been seeing some more dynamics from them, since IL's patch.

Just today I saw two NPC's fighting, don't know what about, maybe because one was a vampire? I have no idea what happened but I liked it. I wish we'd see NPC's act up much more instead of just doing nothing, or constantly being friendly to each other and only being mean out of scripted events, no matter their actual relationship.

The fact is, sims still need to be updated and so do traits, to each I agree with the OP. All of them have the same personality, they are boring and repetitive.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Recently a couple townies got into a fight in Sulani. It was funny.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    and i also do not have that problem my sims are always finding something to do so i do not agree with the original poster on this subject

Please tell me any tips my sims stand around alot I hate this
    edited July 2019
    Recently a couple townies got into a fight in Sulani. It was funny.

I'm having this too, but in Windenburg! I don't know if it's scripted or if townies are now free to do mean interactions between them. I hope it's the ladder.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    the game is beautiful and very pleasing to look at, but the sims 4 sims are the problem they are very boring to play honestly in order for any thing interesting to happen you have to force interactions.. the sims don't feel connected to anything or anyone in this game.. i am hoping that the next major update pumps life into the sims themself, they need to be livelier. i watch a sims just stand for 5 real minutes staring into space.. they stand idle way too long.. they are not alive like the sims from sims 2 in that game there was always something happening, and they never just stand around all that i am trying to say is the sims in sims 4 need work if this game is going to last another 3 or four yearsi don't care how much beauty you throw at it.. it is the sims that have the problem..

I disagree entirely. I actually love the interactions between the sims, and feel they work perfectly fine.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Totally agree with the OP. The Sims really need a behavioral overhaul.
    #Team Occult
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    edited July 2019
    This is my exact issue with the game. The sims themselves are just so...dull. They are all the same because their personalities are dictated by emotions and not by their traits. There are so few jobs, traits, and aspirations anyway, starting a new family never feels like a new experience. I have my game so heavily modded in an attempt to fix the personality of the sims and the world around them and I still can't play for more than an hour, if that. It's just boring. Plain and simple. Which really sucks because I really want to enjoy this game. It's pretty, runs well, and has some really well done pieces of content (toddlers, seasons, cats and dogs)...but the sims are just too shallow for me :/

Edit: Hoping they could surprise us with a major overhaul to the sims themselves like they surprised us with toddlers but idk how likely that is.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2019
    When I go to a nightclub in Sims 4, or some public lot, I see sims endlessly dancing, or talking to each other, or just standing there. Also sims in 3 behave much more lively and interactive and varied and interesting than my sims in 4. Granted, that’s on a pc with a good processor, but the very same computer I play Sims 4 on.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    It’s always been quite dull in my game, but the just standing there doing nothing indeed seems to be a glitch. That doesn’t make it less of a problem though does it?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    My own sims don't stand around doing nothing tho. I know it sometimes happens with NPCs. OP, are you talking about the townies and NPCs?
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    My own sims don't stand around doing nothing tho. I know it sometimes happens with NPCs. OP, are you talking about the townies and NPCs?
    No I’m talking about my sims in my families and the fact that nothing ever just happens like the lounge chair that come with island living they can’t interact with each other or even have any interaction while lounging in the chair same with dine out no seated interactions sims 2 had it
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Mine do it because of the bug. But even then... what they do on their own is stupid. When a kid invites friends, they should want to do something together, not go to the computer. They should go on the monkey bars or the swings on their own - I mean, they are children!!!
    The whole behaviors/personalities/relationships thing needs an update (and don't get me started on whims).
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    edited July 2019
    A lot of traits (mainly looking at the emotional section) are just moodlet/emotion triggers and are therefore largely worthless. Why pick the Genius trait when you can make a Sim focused just by playing chess? Why pick Active when you can just take a brisk shower? Why pick Romantic when you can just watch the romantic channel? Emotions are the big factor for me when it comes to dull gameplay. All Sims behave the same when they have the same emotion. All sad Sims will talk to themselves in the mirror. All embarrassed Sims will do the same thing. All angry Sims go and shout at the stuffed bear in the kids room.

All Sims do the same thing when idle. They'll all dance, they'll all play on the computer, they all randomly go around hugging each other.

Just look at traits from The Sims 3 and then compare them to their Sims 4 version. The drop in depth is obvious.

3vs4-Good.png

3vs4-Family-Oriented.png

It's like that pretty much across the board. The Evil trait is a massive example of this drop in depth. Traits need to add more flavour to a Sim, little details or tweaks in behaviour that actually make them different.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    A lot of traits (mainly looking at the emotional section) are just moodlet/emotion triggers and are therefore largely worthless. Why pick the Genius trait when you can make a Sim focused just by playing chess? Why pick Active when you can just take a brisk shower? Why pick Romantic when you can just watch the romantic channel? Emotions are the big factor for me when it comes to dull gameplay. All Sims behave the same when they have the same emotion. All sad Sims will talk to themselves in the mirror. All embarrassed Sims will do the same thing. All angry Sims go and shout at the stuffed bear in the kids room.

All Sims do the same thing when idle. They'll all dance, they'll all play on the computer, they all randomly go around hugging each other.

Just look at traits from The Sims 3 and then compare them to their Sims 4 version. The drop in depth is obvious.

3vs4-Good.png

3vs4-Family-Oriented.png

It's like that pretty much across the board. The Evil trait is a massive example of this drop in depth. Traits need to add more flavour to a Sim, little details or tweaks in behaviour that actually make them different.

I know this game have some problems but oh my... The Sims 3 is a monster of game, in a good way.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

3vs4-Good.png

3vs4-Family-Oriented.png

I knew this, but seeing it written down makes it so much more significant. I agree sims need to be fixed first and foremost. Doesn’t matter how much dlc you throw at the game, it will never be any good if the sims themselves are one dimensional and dull.
  • silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member

3vs4-Good.png

3vs4-Family-Oriented.png

Woah. That's crazy. I knew s3 sims always interacted a lot more with other sims and their surrounding world, but this really puts into perspective why. I've always asked for better reactions from sims, but I never knew that the problem was this big.

My vamp sim has the 'do nothing' thing going on too - she will just sit/stand blankly for a while like a strangerville zombie until she gets an action in her cue (a repetitive mixture of troll forums, talk to sim on lot, drink plasma or work on one of the creative skills, none of which relate to her traits). I also know the game isn't hanging or anything because my other (mer)sim will be swimming in the sea at the time (her version of repetitiveness). S4 sims just really need some spontaneity and a personality/trait overhaul.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member

3vs4-Good.png

3vs4-Family-Oriented.png

Wow, seeing this kind of makes me wish I would have played TS3 :/

3vs4-Good.png

3vs4-Family-Oriented.png

Yes, this is what we mean when we say TS4 sims have weak personalities compared to the previous games.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited July 2019

That's what I've been saying too. :)
    It doesn't matter how many packs they dump on it, interest will be fleeting if the Sims themselves are not fun and interesting to play.
    Of course they will sell a lot of packs this way as people throw money at them to keep their game fun because the sims themselves are dull, samey, and predictable. :p

I wanted to see more trait driven whims pop up. This would allow for Sims personalities to shine through.
    They have a dedicated whim for emotions. All sims share these handful of emotions, so constantly getting these make all sims feel the same.

Thank you PrincipleOfEntropy for posting that comparison.
    That is why I love The Sims 3. In addition to that, I find that TS4 buries sim personality and uniqueness.

This is the social bloom for TS4.
    It's the same for all sims and you have to dig deep for socials unique to your sim.
    TS4_x64%202019-07-20%2011-46-49-75.jpg

This is TS3 and notice the Special button at the bottom.
    TS3W%202019-07-20%2012-06-49-13.jpg

Open that up and you have all the trait socials that makes your sim unqiue to other sims.
    TS3W%202019-07-20%2011-53-21-45.jpg

You want their Irresistible interactions? You have all of them right there.
    TS3W%202019-07-20%2011-53-32-31.jpg

Is it time to be more charismatic? There you are.
    TS3W%202019-07-20%2011-53-43-30.jpg

If you want to use your TS4 sim's trait related socials you have to dig.
    TS4_x64%202019-07-20%2011-46-28-99.jpg

And dig...
    TS4_x64%202019-07-20%2011-47-17-53.jpg

And dig..., sifting through the common socials that all sims share as well.
    And then probably not finding what you want because they seem a bit random in popping up.
    TS4_x64%202019-07-20%2011-47-23-34.jpg

I wish The Sims Studio would adapt this to TS4.
    Sim traits feels so watered down in this game.
    But I also find that sims don't display their uniqueness as much either. The other games have "personality tells".
    If you observe sims long enough, you can figure out their traits. You can certainly tell a Couch Potato in the Sims 3.
    The love sitting down on the couch or bed and enjoying some TV. I mean REALLY enjoying it.

I also remember my neat sims having some built in socials to tell sloppy sims to clean up the messes they make around the house.
    I really hope EA addresses this before TS4 ends.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    I find the friendly pie menu of TS4 so cluttered with trash interactions..... They could make a gossip system for the game like in TS2/TS3. Or make interests so that when sims "discuss interests" they actually discuss something.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member

3vs4-Good.png

3vs4-Family-Oriented.png

Oh I remembered the day where I love reading all the uniqueness of TS3's traits over at the wiki, and my first reaction "uhh? Is this for real?" When comparing Genius trait from ts3 vs ts4
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • DragonPheonix13DragonPheonix13 Posts: 1 New Member
    I don't know where to post this.. but I would friggin LOVE to see an expansion pack of supernaturals like they had in sims 3 with werewolves, fairies, and a warlock would be pretty awesome. Just a thought. Next Expansion pack or something.