Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paralives & Sims 4

NaomiSImblrNaomiSImblr Posts: 158 Member
Has anyone seen this new life simulation cane coming ... so many features included that we do not even have in sims 4
What does everyone think
https://www.paralives.com/

Comments

• SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    I've seen it and I am not really all that interested atm. Maybe when they are farther along. I wish them all the luck and good will.
  • BESS73BESS73 Posts: 174 Member
    Yeah I watched this on YouTube and it looks amazing. It's what the sims should be. I'm hoping it releases soon and is as amazing as it looks. The Sims team need a competitor to kick them up the 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
  • qpmommaqpmomma Posts: 135 Member
    I’ll get excited when they start testing. I’ve been disappointed with simulation games before.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I think it is poor form to be advertising this here, tbh.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited July 2019
    I keep seeing threads about this on here. I’m starting to suspect advertising... Anyway, I’m not particularly excited. It doesn’t look like it’ll be as good as Sims. And the graphics are much worse by comparison (imo).
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited July 2019
    Seen it some time back. It looks interesting as I always enjoy playing simulation games. So I am curious to see someone with a fresh outlook on a simulation inspired by the sims. Since the sims has pretty much been the overall staple in this genre as there's never been anything close to it.

I like the graphics though it may be subject to change, but I like the style this far and how fluid building is with just pushing and pulling.

There's features in this game that's not even in the other sims games anyway but this is due to being a INDIE developer and not having to be under a bigger company or EA with having that creative freedom.
    Just look at Stardew Valley. Inspired by Harvestmoon. I welcome seeing any new games in this genre as I like more options for games.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    This is about the 3rd or 4th thread I’ve seen talking about this. Tbh it wouldn’t surprise me if the company was sending folks over here intentionally to advertise and get them over to their side.

If nothing else, this should go into Off Topic Chat.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I'd like to see more before I form an opinion.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Right now it looks meh, at best. The graphics are really juvenile so far.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I like everything about this except the graphics.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    citysimmer wrote: »

Mods will be allowed through Steam Workshop so in the future, there is the potential for the community to create and put graphic mods into thier game.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I might play it, but even if I don't a competitor would be good for the game.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• PrincessAmyPrincessAmy Posts: 225 Member
    I seen it and I think it's a nice idea! I might try it but I really don't think it will beat The Sims for me.. It's just considering that it's only one person making the game it will probably be hard to add as much detail to it.. considering Maxis has a whole team to do it and a lot of funds. I do wish Alex all the best! I do really think the game looks nice and I am excited to try it!
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yeah, so far it's just one guy working on it full-time. And his income so far is derived from Patreon support. I doubt he'd have the money to pay people to advertise it. If anything, I think the excitement building up is organic, just because a lot of people want a competitor so badly
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • PrincessAmyPrincessAmy Posts: 225 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Yeah, so far it's just one guy working on it full-time. And his income so far is derived from Patreon support. I doubt he'd have the money to pay people to advertise it. If anything, I think the excitement building up is organic, just because a lot of people want a competitor so badly

I do agree! I of course wish Alex all the best but I heavily doubt Patreon will be enough. For this game to be as big as The Sims 4 it would need more developing time than The Sims 4 (since there is only one person and way less funds), to be able to continue this project for so long.. will be very hard as well as keeping the hype will be quite hard. I will definitely try it and I am fully open to playing it alongside The Sims.. it's just I don't think it will be as complex unless this game will have a very long development time, a lot of funds and a bigger team.. which is okay with me! It is just what makes this game not something I will switch too, I can definitely imagine playing it on the side for fun!
  • MadisonSimmMadisonSimm Posts: 8 New Member
    Not sure how I feel about it just yet! I'm super loyal to the sims (nothing else has come close, in my opinion) but it would be interesting to see what they have to offer when they release the game.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

I do agree! I of course wish Alex all the best but I heavily doubt Patreon will be enough. For this game to be as big as The Sims 4 it would need more developing time than The Sims 4 (since there is only one person and way less funds), to be able to continue this project for so long.. will be very hard as well as keeping the hype will be quite hard. I will definitely try it and I am fully open to playing it alongside The Sims.. it's just I don't think it will be as complex unless this game will have a very long development time, a lot of funds and a bigger team.. which is okay with me! It is just what makes this game not something I will switch too, I can definitely imagine playing it on the side for fun!

I think it'll take a while to develop. And Alex is looking for more people to help out. If he keeps his word, post-release support is pretty good, because he promised whole new features in free updates. Time will tell if he'll deliver

I was surprised to see the fast growth on his Patreon though. It's about to reach $1000 per month as of now. Word's getting out
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    There's already been a number of "sims competitors" that were fake or never got off the ground or whatever. I'm not gonna hold my breath.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
    I might play it, but even if I don't a competitor would be good for the game.

You know, this may be the best way to put it.
    citysimmer wrote: »

LOL what does this even mean?!?! :D
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    The build tools look cool but I wonder how the game characters look. The artwork kind of reminds me of a cartoon like Family Guy.
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    I'm intrigued for sure. I'm not a fan of the graphics. But I don't hate them, though I feel like I need to see what the characters look like before saying too much either way (I don't know if they've shown them or not, I've seen like 1 video and a few screenshots so far). I would definitely consider giving the game a try though.

As somebody who is completely fed up with EA and the current state of and foreseeable future of The Sims... competition is sorely needed in the Life Sim category. I've felt that even since before I really got fed up, competition is not a bad thing. It can drive better products and lower prices. EA really hasn't had any competition in this genre, there's been a couple times where it's been hyped up that a competitor is coming out but then it goes absolutely nowhere. This seems like the most promising so far but I'm also not holding my breath yet probably basically until the game is actually out. But I do hope that it goes somewhere and does provide some competition to EA and The Sims.
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    I like it. I hope it gets off the ground. I love the sims, but it's time for a competitor.
    6JSxk49.png?1